Sam Darnold to the Bears?

fatkid73

Liked Posts:

It is going to be tough to get any of the top QB's in the draft picking at 15-20. I have never been a big Darnold fan, but it may make sense to see what it would take to get a guy with possibly some upside potential. Lord knows the Jets aren't developing anyone. I like what I see from Foles so far, but he has shown this before only to be let down long term.

That said, I also hate the idea of giving up draft capital. If we are talking about a 3rd or 4th, I would listen. 1st or 2nd, I stick with BDN.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I mean if he comes cheap? Sure.

But I doubt he will, and I doubt the bears are seriously interested for this season.

Next offseason? Maybe.

I'm not giving up a 1st or 2nd rounder for what looks like a bust no matter the terrible situation he's been put into.

He's got 39 td's to 32 ints. He makes mitch look like a fuckin g.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Why spend draft capital on damaged goods when you could just use it to draft someone who hasn't been ruined by the Jets? Unless it's a 7th or something really low in the draft, thanks no thanks.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I mean if he comes cheap? Sure.

But I doubt he will, and I doubt the bears are seriously interested for this season.

Next offseason? Maybe.

I'm not giving up a 1st or 2nd rounder for what looks like a bust no matter the terrible situation he's been put into.

He's got 39 td's to 32 ints. He makes mitch look like a fuckin g.

It'll come down to if another team is already talking behind the scenes in regards to Trub's availability. If Pace can snag a 2nd for Mitch you do it asap then turn around and grab Darnold for cheapo cheap.

trade mitch for a 2nd
get darnold for a 3rd

WIN WIN

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

It is going to be tough to get any of the top QB's in the draft picking at 15-20. I have never been a big Darnold fan, but it may make sense to see what it would take to get a guy with possibly some upside potential. Lord knows the Jets aren't developing anyone. I like what I see from Foles so far, but he has shown this before only to be let down long term.

That said, I also hate the idea of giving up draft capital. If we are talking about a 3rd or 4th, I would listen. 1st or 2nd, I stick with BDN.
No way they let him go for less than a 2nd rd pick...

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Really hoping the Broncos bite as Vic and Elway are under major scrutiny in Denver. They are desperate to pull off a qb trade.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Why spend draft capital on damaged goods when you could just use it to draft someone who hasn't been ruined by the Jets? Unless it's a 7th or something really low in the draft, thanks no thanks.
I think Mitch is better...

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Gase is ruining him the same way he nearly ruined Tannehill. Darnold is regressing after showing legit promise. This video is pretty damning and entertaining.

Great point about Gase having a history of this with Tannehill

I'd consider it if the price was right after the draft if the bears couldn't make a move for a better potential franchise QB

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We already have a failed 1st round QB as our backup who at least knows some of the playbook.

coolio

Liked Posts:
This is the most likely situation for the bears. I would trade for Sam Darnold rather than take a qb in the 20s. I'd give them a second or third

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
We already have a failed 1st round QB as our backup who at least knows some of the playbook.

This is all about draft capital cause mitch won't be here next season as he becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2021

2nd round pick. DO IT!!! COME ON BRONCOS!!! VIC HAS HISTORY WITH MITCH!!!

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is all about draft capital cause mitch won't be here next season as he becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2021

2nd round pick. DO IT!!! COME ON BRONCOS!!! VIC HAS HISTORY WITH MITCH!!!
Question : let's say this happens, who's our back up QB? Or you really think Foles will go the distance w/o injury?
Tyler "cement feet" Bray? Come on now...

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Question : let's say this happens, who's our back up QB? Or you really think Foles will go the distance w/o injury?
Tyler "cement feet" Bray? Come on now...

Mitch for a 2nd
Darnold for a 3rd

OR

Mitch for a 2nd, 4th and 5th (Pace's sweet spot for grabbing talent)
Darnold for a 2nd

Yes, the mitch trade don't happen less Pace has another deal lined up.