Sam Mustipher

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I think he has played really well since taking on the C spot. Rarely hear his name called, which is good for an OLman. Line looks more stable. Bears may have found something here.

Daniels-Mustipher-Whitehair as the interior OL for next season? Drat OT in round 1 or 2 and I think the OL takes a big step forward.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Whitehair had a lot of snapping issues and Daniels was maybe big enough to be an NFL center but Mustapha has looked good in his first three starts.

"
Montgomery said of the linemen. "Sam coming in and leading the charge is big. He came in [the NFL] the same year I came in. You'd think he been in the league 10, 11, 12 years the way he comes at you and takes charge. He's the general on the line and they buy in."
"

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was talking about this in another thread:

I thought may trading Whitehair and have the line look like this:

LT - Leno
LG - Daniels
C - Mustipher
RG - Bars
RT - Rookie

this gives us some youth and financial flexibility.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he has played really well since taking on the C spot. Rarely hear his name called, which is good for an OLman. Line looks more stable. Bears may have found something here.

Daniels-Mustipher-Whitehair as the interior OL for next season? Drat OT in round 1 or 2 and I think the OL takes a big step forward.
No. He’s a backup for a reason.

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who’s a backup? Mustipher? 2nd year player can’t develop into a starter??

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the issue is what position would Daniels and Whitehair play? Do we move Whitehair again??

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would he be ok at RG? I don’t want to move Daniels? If not then trade him and start Bars. I think people seem to forget Mustipher and Bars played at ND together and their communication is spot on. Yea Bars and some break downs today but he has stepped up as well.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Would he be ok at RG? I don’t want to move Daniels? If not then trade him and start Bars. I think people seem to forget Mustipher and Bars played at ND together and their communication is spot on. Yea Bars and some break downs today but he has stepped up as well.

He'd probably be better at RG than LG.

Daniels is more of a finesse blocker, his game translates more to the left side. Whitehair is more of a power blower, should be fine at RG.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He may have been a backup til now because the coaching staff can’t fucking evaluate talent. Coward was starting for many games this season. Let that sink in.
Lol ok . They need a veteran at center. Let him compete if he wins it, awesome. You know how you build a mediocre offensive line? By handing jobs to UDFAs and later round picks.

edit: the lions and Texans defense sucks.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Lol ok . They need a veteran at center. Let him compete if he wins it, awesome. You know how you build a mediocre offensive line? By handing jobs to UDFAs and later round picks.

No problem bringing in competition for every position on the team. It is just a pleasant surprise to see how well Mustipher has been playing.

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really? So Is Jason Peters a mediocre player?? I mean he was a UDFA.
You can have UDFA and later round picks be on the line if you can evaluate talent and develop them.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? So Is Jason Peters a mediocre player?? I mean he was a UDFA.
You can have UDFA and later round picks be on the line if you can evaluate talent and develop them.
How long has he been in the league? Lol christ

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I think the issue is what position would Daniels and Whitehair play? Do we move Whitehair again??
You play your best 5 guys, period. If that means moving Whitehair to RG in 2021 then so be it.

And I agree, Mustipher has been pretty impressive and so far looks to actually be an upgrade over Whitehair.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:

Chase Roullier would be a good option at center. He has been solid for the WFT.

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How long has he been in the league? Lol christ
But that isn’t what you said. You said UDFA and late round picks. I didn’t know you excluded players that have been in the league for a few years. I was just responding with a hell of a player that was a UDFA.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
But that isn’t what you said. You said UDFA and late round picks. I didn’t know you excluded players that have been in the league for a few years. I was just responding with a hell of a player that was a UDFA.
Right. I mean the bears under pace have handed jobs out to those types of players with no competition.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Mustipher has been solid in the few games he's played. I'm just not sure if the team should just go ahead and hand him the keys next year. I would keep Daniels and Whitehair at the guard spots while pursuing someone like Chase Roullier in FA to fulfill the center spot. That way you'll still have Mustipher and Bars as depth.