Sam Smith article

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_090608.html

Lots of stuff at the link. Mentioned some guys there today. Taj Gibson apparently is there today. Am I wrong or is this the second time he has been? He says with so much uncertainty around Gordon that Hinrich might not be moved on draft day which means no PG choice at 16. He did surprisingly to me say that he thinks Blair, Clark, Johnson, Mullens and Williams will all be there at 16. WOW that surprises me. If that happens it will be awful fun to see which guy Pax/Gar take. My gut says they would take Blair. He mentions Casspi or Calathes at 26 because Bulls would not want another rookie on team for next year? Not sure I buy that but whatever. He says the whole NBA thinks Bosh leaves Toronto. He also mentions that he thinks Charlotte "gifts" someone Okafor. That is a gift I would not mind having.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
The Bulls need to make a decision, I'm tired of them putting and pulling Hinrich off the trading block, I'm tired or Gordon's and Hinrich's future being tied to one another, I you want Ben get him at a resonable price, and trade Hinrich while his stock is still high amoungst the leagues GMs and coaches, or keep Hinrich and sign-and-trade Gordon or let him walk. Personally I would like to see Hinrich traded, this team needs a little more turnover not a lot, is Hinrich a key piece, yes, but he is just as replaceable as anybody on the team, Gar/Pax/Reinsdorf stop letting your man love for Hinrich effect Bulls' business

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Gar/Pax/Reinsdorf you should only have man love for Derrick Rose

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Okafor has done nothing to impress me since he has entered the league. He is owed lots of money for a guy who is not a game changer. Also with the 26th pick I would love a combo guard like Casspi who would come over in a few years. He seems like a real talented prospect.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
jsain360 wrote:
The Bulls need to make a decision, I'm tired of them putting and pulling Hinrich off the trading block, I'm tired or Gordon's and Hinrich's future being tied to one another, I you want Ben get him at a resonable price, and trade Hinrich while his stock is still high amoungst the leagues GMs and coaches, or keep Hinrich and sign-and-trade Gordon or let him walk. Personally I would like to see Hinrich traded, this team needs a little more turnover not a lot, is Hinrich a key piece, yes, but he is just as replaceable as anybody on the team, Gar/Pax/Reinsdorf stop letting your man love for Hinrich effect Bulls' business

Sam is giving his input on the whole Kirk thing. He isn't saying that's the Bulls thinking but more of his....

IMHO I think the Bulls and Gordon have something going behind the scenes that of course can't be talked about because it seems both parties want a deal

Gordon agent told Swirsky that he hasn't talked to that overseas team and their intention is to sign with the Bulls.... IMO that's just a bit too straight forward for a agent to say....

The Bulls know what Gordon would of sign for last year and know a team won't go above that this summer and I feel the Bulls are prepared to make him that offer again....

Edit: Gordon Agent Raymond Brothers said he hasn't talked to ANY team and the intention is to sign with the Bulls

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Ralphb07 wrote:
jsain360 wrote:

Sam is giving his input on the whole Kirk thing. He isn't saying that's the Bulls thinking but more of his....

IMHO I think the Bulls and Gordon have something going behind the scenes that of course can't be talked about because it seems both parties want a deal

Gordon agent told Swirsky that he hasn't talked to that overseas team and their intention is to sign with the Bulls.... IMO that's just a bit too straight forward for a agent to say....

The Bulls know what Gordon would of sign for last year and know a team won't go above that this summer and I feel the Bulls are prepared to make him that offer again....

Edit: Gordon Agent Raymond Brothers said he hasn't talked to ANY team and the intention is to sign with the Bulls

Raymond Brothers is the worst agent the NBA has had in years.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Ray Bros is pretty bad, but Dan Fegan is getting awfully close. After a great run of getting Dampier, Troy Murphy, & Jason Richardson oversized contracts, he's fallen off quickly. And is probably the worst when it comes to getting endorsement deals for his clients. And this guy is representing Ricky Rubio? That kid should be scared.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Basghetti80 wrote:

Lots of stuff at the link. Mentioned some guys there today. Taj Gibson apparently is there today. Am I wrong or is this the second time he has been? He says with so much uncertainty around Gordon that Hinrich might not be moved on draft day which means no PG choice at 16. He did surprisingly to me say that he thinks Blair, Clark, Johnson, Mullens and Williams will all be there at 16. WOW that surprises me. If that happens it will be awful fun to see which guy Pax/Gar take. My gut says they would take Blair. He mentions Casspi or Calathes at 26 because Bulls would not want another rookie on team for next year? Not sure I buy that but whatever. He says the whole NBA thinks Bosh leaves Toronto. He also mentions that he thinks Charlotte "gifts" someone Okafor. That is a gift I would not mind having.

I'm not sure what Sam's using as his guess for who will be there at 16 though it wouldn't be shocking if those guys were there. Only Blair and Johnson are schedule to go before 16 on the Dx mock right now at 11 and 14, and same guys 12 and 14 on the nbadraft.net one.

It's not crazy that they slip. I could Okafor being available for an expiring based on his level of play. I could also see Bosh being traded and the Bulls drafting an international. I think Calathes excites me more than Casspi.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Basghetti80 wrote:

I'm not sure what Sam's using as his guess for who will be there at 16 though it wouldn't be shocking if those guys were there. Only Blair and Johnson are schedule to go before 16 on the Dx mock right now at 11 and 14, and same guys 12 and 14 on the nbadraft.net one.

It's not crazy that they slip. I could Okafor being available for an expiring based on his level of play. I could also see Bosh being traded and the Bulls drafting an international. I think Calathes excites me more than Casspi.

I her Calathes signed a three year deal overseas as well as the Mavs being very interested. I like Calathes is a nice combo guard however he plays no defense.