SAMMY SOSA

Snicker_Dickens

Liked Posts:
The way the Cubs have treated him is a joke. IMO, the steroid era saved baseball. Sammy was the most exciting Cubs I've ever witnessed. I've never felt so much excitement seeing 1 player hit Home Runs. I feel most Cubs fans of that ERA will agree whether they agree with steroids or not. Ffs, the ole' timey-times players pre 1970s that are in the HOF got there taking amphetamines like they were pop rock candy. The Cubs need to let it go. People need to let it go that he has whitened his skin. He can do whatever the hell he wants with his body and we need to let it all go. Sammy will be the most polarized Cubs player of our lifetime for what he did. The steroid era's excitement will never be matched. Put egos and the "Wholesome Christian American" bullshit down. Everyone has secrets, and many worse than taking a substance that only harms oneself if not used properly. Agree or Disagree he will always be my favorite Cubs player

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
SlickDicklicker or whatever the hell his name is, left out the best parts of Sammy. Corking his bat, walking out on his team and then playing stupid in front of the nation while being grilled in court. Steriods is only part of the reason he is so, so, so "beloved" by Cub management and any fan with half a brain cell. The guy was a fucking embarrassment.

Steroids, corked bats and juiced baseballs.....the only thing it accomplished was to cheapen the home run.

Saved baseball, my ass.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stopped watching baseball altogether for about 10 years after the steroid scandal, so um yeah

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I stopped watching baseball altogether for about 10 years after the steroid scandal, so um yeah
I stopped after the last strike. I still keep up with the Sox but they aren’t getting my money

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
SlickDicklicker or whatever the hell his name is, left out the best parts of Sammy. Corking his bat, walking out on his team and then playing stupid in front of the nation while being grilled in court. Steriods is only part of the reason he is so, so, so "beloved" by Cub management and any fan with half a brain cell. The guy was a fucking embarrassment.

Steroids, corked bats and juiced baseballs.....the only thing it accomplished was to cheapen the home run.

Saved baseball, my ass.
The '98 home run chase absolutely turned the tides in baseball. Baseball was burning out in America. That home run chase was everything.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well I don't like the high horse on roids going on.

I feel that the playing field was even. Everyone was jacked up

It was a era. Higher mound era. Pre DH era. Roid era. And so on.

If it was just him then ya toss the book.

But when it is a norm then is it cheating? It is not taking advantage it is trying to survive in an environment.

Way I feel is Con-asshole started it. His ego couldn't handle not being in the spot light any more and took a dump on baseball.

He is a piece of shit

MLB would have hushed it up but Bonds was making a mockery of records.

So ya it got out of hand and America started a witch hunt. Fuck everyone was jacked up.

Sammy was just another guy getting stuck in the ass. He was not doing lines on hookers asses while selling dope to kids. We act like he is guilty of something.

So fuck it. If he wants to act crazy and bleach his skin who fucking cares.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Well I don't like the high horse on roids going on.

I feel that the playing field was even. Everyone was jacked up

It was a era. Higher mound era. Pre DH era. Roid era. And so on.

If it was just him then ya toss the book.

But when it is a norm then is it cheating? It is not taking advantage it is trying to survive in an environment.

Way I feel is Con-asshole started it. His ego couldn't handle not being in the spot light any more and took a dump on baseball.

He is a piece of shit

MLB would have hushed it up but Bonds was making a mockery of records.

So ya it got out of hand and America started a witch hunt. Fuck everyone was jacked up.

Sammy was just another guy getting stuck in the ass. He was not doing lines on hookers asses while selling dope to kids. We act like he is guilty of something.

So fuck it. If he wants to act crazy and bleach his skin who fucking cares.
Bonds is to blame? Lol. That's an odd take. He was great before roids and getting overshadowed by everyone using them even though he was phenomenal. Yeah he's an egomaniac, but he's also probably a top 5 player ever regardless of roids

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The corking thing?

It might have been a lie. I accidentally grabbed a batting practice bat.

Who cares. He got busted for it. Water under the bridge.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bonds is to blame? Lol. That's an odd take. He was great before roids and getting overshadowed by everyone using them even though he was phenomenal. Yeah he's an egomaniac, but he's also probably a top 5 player ever regardless of roids

Bonds started doing it because of ego.

He had the same talent at Griffey Jr. Jr was not cheating. So those two were the standard.

He started cheating when the standard went up.

His ego couldn't allow lesser players to overshadow what he was doing naturally.

So yes he had more talent than Sosa or McGuier. The fact that he did after is because of ego.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Griffey Jr was the greatest player of this era. He did it clean and his injuries were a part of playing that way. The roid players were Captain America.

Regardless it was a culture. I can't point one guy out in a culture. You just group them together and leave it at that.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Griffey Jr was the greatest player of this era. He did it clean and his injuries were a part of playing that way. The roid players were Captain America.

Regardless it was a culture. I can't point one guy out in a culture. You just group them together and leave it at that.
Griffey, bonds, Mcguire bodies all started breaking down on them. Steroids didn't keep those others from breaking down

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Come on now. How many players where powering through to 40 back then?

Now people here say a team is crazy to pay a player past 36. Back then players were not declining at the same rate.

Players have lost 4 years of time. That is significant

.this is the way I look at this. A's were the start of the shit all. Can-ass-hole went to Texas. Players like Sosa and Palmero start taking the needle in the ass because yep it gives them opertunity to make big $$$. McGuire goes to STL and most likely that team becomes a Roid farm also.

Eventually 1998 comes along. Game is saved and if you are not getting jacked up you are not going to make it. Did MLB do anything? Fuck no they sold their souls long ago.

Then con ass hole decides to push a book to make him relavent and cash in on the expense of the shit that he started. He is a shit head. Goes to the Senate because America wanted a clown show. The fact that a private owned business ever gets involved with the Fed's is beyond me.

It was the biggest circus act ever and it would have never happened if a black man dest-roid-ed a white man's roid record that no one gave a damn about.

1998 everyone loves baseball.

After which hunt because the bald bull with the battle armor was destroying every record made.

If you really go down to every player that cheated in that era you would most likely find that 80% or more were. And as a kid trying to make it. You take the needle because why are you even there?

The aftermath of it is players became human again. The age of the super soldier was over. Pitchers stopped pounding 95 at 40 YO. Careers were shorter. Player peaks were shorter and so on. Players got injured more and so on.

If it was not a major factor then players would not have bothered to ever use. Why would you risk getting busted if there was no gain. That would be dumb as fuck.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
2019 proved that MLB don't give a rats ass about it. Can't juice the player juice in he ball.

2021. Pitchers cheating? God forbid run suppression.

If anyone believes that MLB had no idea about the roids going on I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell. Right next to the London Bridge. Great deal.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
2019 proved that MLB don't give a rats ass about it. Can't juice the player juice in he ball.

2021. Pitchers cheating? God forbid run suppression.

If anyone believes that MLB had no idea about the roids going on I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell. Right next to the London Bridge. Great deal.
Lake Havasu is a nice area