Sanborn should make Smith sweat

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why LBs on the Bears don't get the same value as RBs. Bears should be as good at finding diamonds in the rough on defense as they are at RB.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
here we go again... after 1 preseason game against 2nd/3rd stringers and we're already considering him a possible replacement.
Sure, why not. Smith haven't done anything in the new defense yet. I don't have the time for him. If you are man mature enough to sign a contract, respect it. He don't want to be a Bear, trade his a**.

Reactions: Myk

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Why would Sanborn make Smith sweat? Smith wants off the Bears, if anything Smith should be hoping that Sanborn lights it up.. If hypothetically Sanborn turns out to be a legitimate replacement then that increases the chance the Bears would be ok with trading Smith.. something Smith wants

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

According to fans:
Bears that have relied on great RBs like Payton, Sayers and Nagurski can't try drafting potential great RBs any more. They're not worth it and the Bears are good enough at finding good enough RBs in the low rounds.
Bears who have also had greats all over defense but especially at LB need to only draft top talent for defense because they're not good enough to train low round defense to be good.

It makes no sense. I'm guessing you are one of them with your fake "what" trying to cover your contradiction.

If we don't want to pay for a QB, OL or WR we need greats at RB to run out the clock for the defense. If we're supposedly a great defensive team as we have historically been that is who we should be able to get away with training lesser talent to be great ones, as we have also historically been able to do.
I don't buy into the preseason and camp queens but there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to have a UDFA LB replace Noshoquan who really hasn't been the difference maker he's been touted as.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I like Jack Sanborn too. But dang, I just found out he's 4.73 in the 40. ?
We'll have to see how he does in the next couple games

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Sanborn is Kwit 2.0. He’ll do well attacking line of scrimmage but defending during passing situations will leave him exposed.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Lance Briggs ran a 4.78. Not saying Sanborn can replace Roquan (or even be a good starter). It’s a different game today..and Lance played with Urlacher. The Lovie D with Lach is a bit different than the traditional cover 2.

All that said, it wouldn’t be outlandish for Sanborn to be an averagish/acceptable starter at WILL. I wouldn’t expect it though…and he’d be a big time downgrade from Roquan

napo55

Liked Posts:
Sanborn or Smith? You know it's actually possible to have two good players at the same position. Good teams do it.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Perhaps he still runs a 4.73 in pads too. is John Ross running a 4.2 in pads? Ive always said the 40 should be ran in full pads..

I know going by the eye test he didnt come off super slow week 1.

Thats probably because hes quick in the space that matters. His 10 yard split was good at 1.59. to put that into comparison, Tyreek Hills 10 yard split was 1.5. Jacks 20 yard split was 2.72, which is decent too. Both his 10 and 20 yards times are similar to tons of RBs historically. Where jack falls off is from 20-40. His 10-20 yard burst is above average.. his long speed is sus, but still functional enough.

Burst plus natural instinct can do wonders. I dont know much about his instinct, but if hes got great instinct thatll take his above avg burst to another level. If he can recognize, dissect and recall on the fly with burst.. he'll be a gap attacking monster.... forgedabowit. can he shed against 1st team blockers? lots of questions still remain, but hes got the quickness and burst..

While hes young and has that burst, he'll be fine.

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I loved the game Sanborn played, but it was one game versus 2nd and 3rd stringers. Way too soon to tell.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't think he's ever going to be a WILL, that's just not his game. Much more of a MIKE. He's a guys who can take on blocks and do the dirty work required of that position. Just doesn't have the speed and lateral ability required for WILL.

Morrow would play WILL if Roquan is not available.

Last edited: