Sanborn should make Smith sweat

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Lance Briggs ran a 4.78. Not saying Sanborn can replace Roquan (or even be a good starter). It’s a different game today..and Lance played with Urlacher. The Lovie D with Lach is a bit different than the traditional cover 2.

All that said, it wouldn’t be outlandish for Sanborn to be an averagish/acceptable starter at WILL. I wouldn’t expect it though…and he’d be a big time downgrade from Roquan
I doubt Sanborn can play the WLB in this D. The WLB has to be able to play sideline to sideline with the speed and agility of a DB. Coverage is also an imperative.

Let’s be careful about crowning Sanborn too early. He’s a hardworking tough dude who brings his beat up lunchbox with a homemade ham sandwich to work. He is not a WLB. He may be a very good SLB.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sandborn - Strong side linebacker.
Smith - Weak side linebacker.

Different skill sets in this defense.

/thread

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I like Jack Sanborn too. But dang, I just found out he's 4.73 in the 40. ?
We'll have to see how he does in the next couple games
Lance Briggs ran a 4.78. Not saying Sanborn can replace Roquan (or even be a good starter). It’s a different game today..and Lance played with Urlacher. The Lovie D with Lach is a bit different than the traditional cover 2.

All that said, it wouldn’t be outlandish for Sanborn to be an averagish/acceptable starter at WILL. I wouldn’t expect it though…and he’d be a big time downgrade from Roquan

Agreed. Well Briggs kinda got burned a little, from time to time, in passing situations. And you're right, with Urlacher
on the field, he covered a lotta weaknesses. I've always been a speed proponent. But, I liked what I saw of Sanborn in that first game with the turnovers. I hear ya on Roquan.

@tardigrade >>>#1

Hopefully Sanborn can keep blowing out those ? turnover tunes ? on opponents :)(y)

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Well Briggs kinda got burned a little, from time to time, in passing situations. And you're right, with Urlacher
on the field, he covered a lotta weaknesses. I've always been a speed proponent. But, I liked what I saw of Sanborn in that first game with the turnovers. I hear ya on Roquan.

@tardigrade >>>#1

Hopefully Sanborn can keep blowing out those ? turnover tunes ? on opponents :)(y)
Sanborn can be the new and improved Hunter Hillenmeyer

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Sandborn - Strong side linebacker.
Smith - Weak side linebacker.

Different skill sets in this defense.

/thread
The SAM only plays about 20% of snaps in this defense.

You left out the middle linebacker.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think Sandborn looks more like the Hillen Huntermeyer of this D.

Smith should be sweating though, he might be a little out of shape.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I hope he makes Smith expendable. Doubtful, but it would be nice!
I will never understand the level of hate inside someone's heart that would cause them to even begin to suggest that it would be plausible for Sanborn to suddenly possess anywhere near the level of talent and skill and other intangible traits to play anywhere near the level of the best player on the team and make Roquan expandable, it's like as if you are personally offended by another man asking his boss for a raise. Literally makes me sick.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will never understand the level of hate inside someone's heart that would cause them to even begin to suggest that it would be plausible for Sanborn to suddenly possess anywhere near the level of talent and skill and other intangible traits to play anywhere near the level of the best player on the team and make Roquan expandable, it's like as if you are personally offended by another man asking his boss for a raise. Literally makes me sick.
"Literally makes me sick"
If thats all it takes you might want to go see a Doctor.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hope he makes Smith expendable. Doubtful, but it would be nice!
Thanks for the insight. I too think it would be nice if a guy getting paid $10,000 guaranteed made a potential $100M player expendable. God willing every UDFA can do that with all the highly paid players, so the Bears never get into cap trouble.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Of course you understand the Hate in someone's heart.. you are expressing that hate towards Sanborn for not even entertaining that it might be plausible for him to be "near the level of talent" is it plausible? Yes of course.. is it likely? probably not, but for you to automatically disregard another human being who has not had the opportunity to fully show his talents, shows how full of hate you really are.

Furthermore Smith has demanded a trade and is trying to force that to happen, which means that we are going to be worse off at the LB position.. BUT when a Bears fans expresses his hope that Sanborn can fill in that roll.. that would be great for the Bears.. that means we get a draft pick for smith AND dont take a huge step back at the LB position. EVERY bears fan should be hopping that Sanborn is actually BETTER then smith, if that "makes you sick" then you are following the wrong team

Next time put more though into your trolling, this one I will give you a D-

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

@tardigrade >>>#1

Athletically, Sanborn is a rotational LB and Special Teams candidate. He does not have a starter's speed, strength or athletic ability. The only way he can overcome that is by using his knack for the game to anticipate and recognize what is goin on quickly. If he can do that, he has a chance to stick. He looks like a1950s LB, love it.

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
Of course you understand the Hate in someone's heart.. you are expressing that hate towards Sanborn for not even entertaining that it might be plausible for him to be "near the level of talent" is it plausible? Yes of course.. is it likely? probably not, but for you to automatically disregard another human being who has not had the opportunity to fully show his talents, shows how full of hate you really are.

Furthermore Smith has demanded a trade and is trying to force that to happen, which means that we are going to be worse off at the LB position.. BUT when a Bears fans expresses his hope that Sanborn can fill in that roll.. that would be great for the Bears.. that means we get a draft pick for smith AND dont take a huge step back at the LB position. EVERY bears fan should be hopping that Sanborn is actually BETTER then smith, if that "makes you sick" then you are following the wrong team

Next time put more though into your trolling, this one I will give you a D-
I will bet you .5 ETH that Sanborn will never be better then Smith by end of season if you want to call me a troll let's see whose the one that is trolling and literally put your money where your mouth is BROTHER.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I will bet you .5 ETH that Sanborn will never be better then Smith by end of season if you want to call me a troll let's see whose the one that is trolling and literally put your money where your mouth is BROTHER.
what is me being HOPEFULL (but its unlikely) that Sanborn can fill that need because Smith wants out and you being a troll have in common and we need to bet on it?

I said for you to put more though into your trolling but instead you put less? this last post of yours is graded out as an F

If you are not going to put any thought into your posts at least lean into your fake persona with more "literallys and ignoramuses" that will at lest bump your grade up a half point in the future.

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
what is me being HOPEFULL (but its unlikely) that Sanborn can fill that need because Smith wants out and you being a troll have in common and we need to bet on it?

I said for you to put more though into your trolling but instead you put less? this last post of yours is graded out as an F

If you are not going to put any thought into your posts at least lean into your fake persona with more "literallys and ignoramuses" that will at lest bump your grade up a half point in the future.

Sorry ho I'm here for the football talk and am not interested in your obvious baiting to try to get personal with me and derail threads into some sort of dramatics and psychological babbling or character attacking. I've reported your posting toward me and will be moving on literally seeing right through your weak attempts to run away from a bet and change the topic to insults instead of football talk. Sorry that you probably don't even have any ETH and probably even moreso don't even know what ETH even is and also Sorry that your wallet is too empty to back up what you type!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Newsflash, you literally don't need as good as Smith let alone better than.

How is a bad LB letting the other team march down the field and score any different than what Smith did? If it happens faster that's more time for us to score, Smith's 1 interception a year and 1 fumble in 4 years certainly wasn't scoring. All the Bears defense has done with Smith is slow the other team down, if we need a great defense they need to stop the other team from scoring and get turnovers.
If you want to have the 2006 offense you need the 2006 defense.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Sorry ho I'm here for the football talk and am not interested in your obvious baiting to try to get personal with me and derail threads into some sort of dramatics and psychological babbling or character attacking. I've reported your posting toward me and will be moving on literally seeing right through your weak attempts to run away from a bet and change the topic to insults instead of football talk. Sorry that you probably don't even have any ETH and probably even moreso don't even know what ETH even is and also Sorry that your wallet is too empty to back up what you type!
so you're here for the football talk but went after a poster "for having hate in his heart"? OK

Then I pointed out the "football reason" for being hopeful for Sanborn and you came after me personally and wanted to create a bet rather then "talk football"?

And only a single "literally" in this last post? is it hard to keep up that persona when you're made to look like a fool? grade F-

Do better..

Side note if I think its "unlikely" that Sanborn will fill the need at LB then why the hell would I bet on that.. do you not understand what "unlikely" means?