Say Bears are sitting at #3 pick next season...

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Yes...and only a handful taken in the 1st round since then...I'm having flashbacks of the 2005 draft where they picked #4 and went RB,

Which none of the RBs taken in the top 5 helped their respected teams they were drafted by. Jury is still out on Barkley.

benz, bmw or caddy you say.. cbmb.. rip

Rise

Liked Posts:
This team desperately needs more draft capital after the Pace years. I’m hoping we are high enough to have a QB left and some team is willing to offer the farm for him. I remember the colts getting 3 2nds to drop down just 3 spots so the Jets could take Darnold. Or the 49ers giving up 3 1sts. Something like that and then let’s start building this thing.

Speed

Liked Posts:
If we're in premium QB territory seems like a good time to trade down, unless the D-Line or O-Line or whoever we're picking is a generational type of talent.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If the Bears do get the 3rd pick in 2023, this means that they likely finish 2-11 and have the lowest SOS like Houston did in 2022.
To me, this means that Fields continued this suckage and I see no reason to believe that Poles gives him another year to "figure it out" if there is a QB worthy of taking there.
And if they pick top 3 and don’t like the qbs available do you just take someone to take someone or make the best possible decision for the team with a dt/de/ol/trade down? It’s not as easy as they don’t like fields time to move on. They have to identify who they want to replace him with and see if he’s realistically available.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If the Bears do get the 3rd pick in 2023, this means that they likely finish 2-11 and have the lowest SOS like Houston did in 2022.
To me, this means that Fields continued this suckage and I see no reason to believe that Poles gives him another year to "figure it out" if there is a QB worthy of taking there. This wouldn't be much different than the AZ Rosen- Murray scenario.

Or they get hamstrung by numerous injuries and blow games with bad luck.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I’m really leaning to trading Fields while he still has SOME value and letting this regime pick its QB. Especially if we are a top 3 pick which seems possible.

Bust

Liked Posts:
1) Bryce Young
2)Will Anderson
3)???????

Do you take JSN, who has had a lingering hamstring injury, 4 rec and 3DNP's in 5 games so far?
Do you take Jalen Carter, an elite 3 tech T, the motor that makes the Flus defense run?
Do you trade down to to the early teens for 2023 1st, 2nd, 2024 1st, 2nd?

Where is CJ Stroud? He is the consensus #1 pick.

If he fell to #3 and the Bears select yet a FOURTH QB FROM OHIO STATE I WILL LAUGH MY ASS OFF!@!!!!

Rise

Liked Posts:
Even if Fields is a bust, still no to a QB next year with that pick. Build the team first then draft a QB. How many times are they going to draft a “savior” and toss him out with 10 other clowns? That’s a recipe for disaster.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And if they pick top 3 and don’t like the qbs available do you just take someone to take someone or make the best possible decision for the team with a dt/de/ol/trade down? It’s not as easy as they don’t like fields time to move on. They have to identify who they want to replace him with and see if he’s realistically available.

Well of course they need to like the QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Even if Fields is a bust, still no to a QB next year with that pick. Build the team first then draft a QB. How many times are they going to draft a “savior” and toss him out with 10 other clowns? That’s a recipe for disaster.

Yeah…. Just head on down to the “QB store” and get a good one right? Good QB’s are there every year right?

This whole build the team first thing is the latest fucking dumb idea from a fanbase that knows nothing about QB play. When maybe 5-8 legit franchise QB’s come around every decade you don’t have the luxury of passing if you think you have a shot at one.

Now if you want to sit the guy for a year or two while building the roster that’s fine. Or maybe actually devote some resources to the offense (unlike Poles).

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I could see a QB if you don't trade up and then use 2nd, 3rd and 4th and probably 5th all on offense. Plus commit to FA offense because all of those are going to be rookies.
If we actually made a commitment to get an offense it could be done. But it's the Bears so I lean with you, no rookie QB until they commit to having an offense around him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Well of course they need to like the QB.
You would think but I’ve often seen guys get picked that looked forced. For example I remember the lions picked Joey Harrington it was the owner meddling the gm didn’t want him. Another one was when Vince young was drafted another owner forced move.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You would think but I’ve often seen guys get picked that looked forced. For example I remember the lions picked Joey Harrington it was the owner meddling the gm didn’t want him. Another one was when Vince young was drafted another owner forced move.

Jerry Jones famously had to be stopped from picking Manziel. Instead the Cowboys went with likely HOF OG Martin

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah absolutely. At no point am I saying take a qb just to take one. It has to be a guy they legit like.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyways all this is hypothetical.

1. I don’t think they’ll pick high enough next year.
2. I think Fields will show just enough that they give him another year. (Maybe that’s wishful thinking but I hope not)

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

2. I think Fields will show just enough that they give him another year. (Maybe that’s wishful thinking but I hope not)
I hope they pick high and go with Fields & sign a backup that can play like Rush.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
People act like a 3 win team is the same as an 8 win team. The 8 win team is way better. I’d rather the Bears be decent than bad. You have more to work with. It’s shows your decisons have worked or are working. Why would you rather the young guys they have continue to suck and need replaced because they’re not any good? Wouldn’t you rather just have Kyler Gordon be good and it reflect with the teams record? And then instead of getting the 3rd pick they only get the like the 18th pick? I dont get that mindset. Do you want the guys they have to be good or bad? Good players win games. Bad players lose them. So many people would rather the players be bad so they get a higher pick. But if the players perform you wont need that top 5 pick. Because you’ll have your CB. You’ll have your QB.

And it’s not like even getting a top 5 pick guarantees you anything. Mitch Trubisky was their last top 5 pick. I prefer the players that are there now perform and prove themselves rather than still have 10 question marks because the team sucked and we dont know if the guys we have can cut it. And instead of the third pick we’re in the high teens. Guys that they can build around that are young can establish themselves. A bunch of people would rather these picks bust so the Bears get a higher pick. Or you want to live in some fantasy world where the bears suck bad enough to get a top 5 pick but guys are proving themselves. Which isn’t really how it works. If the current young guys are proving themselves it will result in wins. But you dont want that, you want improvement with no results to show for it. Good luck with that.

If they do have a top 5 pick I like the idea of trading down. Unless Fields plays so bad the rest of the year it’s obvious he’s not the guy they seriously have to look at QB. If Fields can improve and at least give himself another year to evaluate then I’m cool with trading down. I’m like 75%-80% sure Fields is a bust though

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wake Forest Demon Deacons

I think this is right. Don't think we'll have a top 3-4 pick and Fields is bound to have a few decent-to-good games at some point.

If Fields and the Bears are both bad again in 2023, then all bets are off and it's time to start watching tape of Caleb Williams.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who fucking cares. Worry about this shit when the season is over.