Say Goodbye To The 'Madhouse on Madison' Sign

Ton

Liked Posts:
Easy explanation, United was getting pissed that people stopped calling it the United Center.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="207550" data-time="1375850246">
<div>

Easy explanation, United was getting pissed that people stopped calling it the United Center.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Nah, more money for scrolling advertising on the sign. The bulls wanted in on it too.</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Im with the old timers. It was never the Madhouse. The Madhouse was at 1800 W. Madison.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="207553" data-time="1375874593">
<div>

Im with the old timers. It was never the Madhouse. The Madhouse was at 1800 W. Madison.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Bingo</p>

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="207553" data-time="1375874593">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

I too am an old timer, and agree with what the true Madhouse really was. I was just worried that this whole episode was for some useless pc bs reason, such as actual residents of an actual madhouse were offended. :icon-rolleyes:</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can call the UC "The Poop Shack" if it pleases you.</p>

I could care less.</p>

</p>

All I care aboot is October 1.</p>

Four banners going into the rafters and the best team in the NHL hits the ice to defend the cup.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'm not an old timer, but even I know the UC isn't the real "Madhouse".</p>

</p>

I felt the sign was inappropriate and didn't need to be there in the first place. </p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The first time I saw it I wondered who's idea was it, now I wonder whose idea was it to take it down. To be a fly on the wall for those discussions would have been pretty hilarious.

WiHawksFan

Liked Posts:
So they are keeping up the "Welcome to the Madhouse" sign as shown in the picture? Doesn't it say "Welcome to the Madhouse" on one side, and "Madhouse on Madison" on the other?</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Eh, it was something that kinda differentiated the United Center from just about every other corporate named sports stadium, don't really care either way.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
There has only ever been ONE Madhouse on Madison and the United Center ain't it. The Barn was a whole different kind of animal.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
who gives a fuck, the UC was never the madhouse, and the only people who are "mad" are the ones who recently discovered the Blackhawks.</p>

</p>

I seem to recall a thread on here years ago where we were all pissed off they were putting those signs up in the first place</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="207639" data-time="1376196622">
<div>

Always screamed "Mcdouche" to me...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I second this motion............. </p>

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
Well it's the closest thing some of us have as some of us never got to go to the original Madhouse :(</p>

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did not mind it........ is the UC same the stadium? No, but nonetheless I had no issue with it.</p>

</p>

As Jako has stated, I am more concerned about the quality on the ice AND more concerned about our STH pricing that is getting obscene.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Always hated those two signs. Guess bright blinding ads aren't any better but who cares at this point. The only thing a fan can care about now is the team, the game experience has been completely lost since 2009 IMO. </p>