Say we do WR in round 1

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Then what?
Go back to offense in round 2 and get OL to help the run game? Or maybe grab Forte's successor with a stud RB if there?
Or do we appease the we need more on defense crowd? And what position on defense is still the most in need compared to what may still be near BPA?
Would we be comfortable not addressing the OL until round 3 or later?
I think the round 2 plan is as intriguing as round 1.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You to OL if you have a potential star.

If not take advantage of the 2nd round depth on the DL. Should he lots of NTs and DEs in the 2nd.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is an idea

Draft Kevin White

Trade up into the 20s take Landon Collins

Drop the mic and take Friday off.

Liked Posts:
If Mariota is off the Board I still focus on a LEO LB. Just because the Bears paid for 1 good OLB, whos never been great & isn't the model 3-4 OLB or Hybrid LEO, along with signing two backups to go with the shitty LB's the Bears already have, doesn't mean that there's suddenly a logjam at the LB position. IMO the The Bears only have two LB's worthy of being starters.

McPhee is a good OLB, but he is not that Aldon Smith or Clay Mathews type 3-4 OLB or Hybrid LEO needed. The primary pass rushing do it all LEO or OLB is the motor of a 3-4 or Hybrid & the Bears do not have that yet. Then after that they need another CB. So many casual fans have misconception that NT is the motor of a 3-4 & it's not, it's the 3-4 JACK/Hybrid LEO LB, & CB positions.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
If Mariota is off the Board I still focus on a LEO LB. Just because the Bears paid for 1 good OLB, whos never been great & isn't the model 3-4 OLB or Hybrid LEO, along with signing two backups to go with the shitty LB's the Bears already have, doesn't mean that there's suddenly a logjam at the LB position. IMO the The Bears only have two LB's worthy of being starters.

McPhee is a good OLB, but he is not that Aldon Smith or Clay Mathews type 3-4 OLB or Hybrid LEO needed. The primary pass rushing do it all LEO or OLB is the motor of a 3-4 or Hybrid & the Bears do not have that yet. Then after that they need another CB. So many casual fans have misconception that NT is the motor of a 3-4 & it's not, it's the 3-4 JACK/Hybrid LEO LB, & CB positions.

Wrong thread. This is the one where you have to assume a WR is the pick and you are not allowed to change that assumption. Unless you were referring to Mariota at 39????

Liked Posts:
Wrong thread. This is the one where you have to assume a WR is the pick and you are not allowed to change that assumption. Unless you were referring to Mariota at 39????

Missunderstood/Missread the title. My wrong. I'm not against taking White or Cooper with the 7th pick. I'd actually love to have either one, especially if the F.O. were to make real run at signing Phillip Rivers in the 2016 FA, while extending Jeffery, develop Fortes replacement, tweaking the defense & O-line. I believe those moves, if possible & made, would make the Bears serious contender.

No lie, I'd rather have Hundley at #39 than Mariota or Winston at #7.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
you draft a decent LB to replace that irish loser Shea whatever his name is

I don't care if we find a replacement for Shea in this draft or not. He should already be fucking gone.

Liked Posts:
you draft a decent LB to replace that irish loser Shea whatever his name is

I would do this too. But can't say I'd be upset with either of Cooper or White. I believe that both will end up good/great players.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
You guys are not helping much on the original question. What is the plan in round 2 if round 1 is WR?
I know there has to be a lot of opinions from all you potential GM's.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
I really think cb is still a huge need. PJ Williams would have been my pick but his "alleged" dui is a huge concern. I think that a good OL or DL prospect will drop to us. I think rounds 3-5 will be used on the secondary that can also improve our special teams.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I really think cb is still a huge need. PJ Williams would have been my pick but his "alleged" dui is a huge concern. I think that a good OL or DL prospect will drop to us. I think rounds 3-5 will be used on the secondary that can also improve our special teams.
Yup. Jennings and Ball likely gone after this year. Big PJ fan. I know he has flaws on the field but i think he has some of the best tools to work with (length, size, physicality) at the cb position in this draft.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with WR 1 and OL 2 only if Amari Cooper is the WR 1 pick.

The Bears can get some quality OL players in round two. I think four OL players go in round 1: Brandon Scherff, La'el Collins and two out of Andrus Peat/Ereck Flowers/TJ Clemmings/Jake Fisher/DJ Humphries/Cameron Erving.

Looking at rankings, after Scherff and Collins the rest of those players are ranked pretty close.A few more that would be available in round 2 are AJ Cann, Laken Tomlinson and Hroniss Grasu.

Cann and Tomlinson are four year starters while Cameron Erving played both OT and C in college.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
Would not be popular with most buy I would be happy with an offensive focused draft. 1st rd WR, 2nd rd OL, 3rd RB, 4th rd TE. Too many bodies on D that have no clue about. Let Fangio figure out what he has first before he know what he needs.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Yup. Jennings and Ball likely gone after this year. Big PJ fan. I know he has flaws on the field but i think he has some of the best tools to work with (length, size, physicality) at the cb position in this draft.

I love how he plays so aggressive and all over the wr. I think he could be the best cb in this draft. I read some where he led college in missed tackles for a cb but when you look at how many plays he's the first guy there, it makes the stat a little bogus. He's actually a very good tackler. With him jennings and fuller, we've got some really aggressive cbs against the pass and run.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Missunderstood/Missread the title. My wrong. I'm not against taking White or Cooper with the 7th pick. I'd actually love to have either one, especially if the F.O. were to make real run at signing Phillip Rivers in the 2016 FA, while extending Jeffery, develop Fortes replacement, tweaking the defense & O-line. I believe those moves, if possible & made, would make the Bears serious contender.

No lie, I'd rather have Hundley at #39 than Mariota or Winston at #7.

Hundleys stock is sinking faster than the Titanic.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Would not be popular with most buy I would be happy with an offensive focused draft. 1st rd WR, 2nd rd OL, 3rd RB, 4th rd TE. Too many bodies on D that have no clue about. Let Fangio figure out what he has first before he know what he needs.

I think Fangio's had enough time to review our roster. FA showed that he's serious about running his defense and isn't going to work with just the group he inherited. At the same time, i don't think he's demanding for a specific position to fill. I think everyone sees we need talent on both sides of the ball and offense could be our top two picks given bpa.

Liked Posts:
Well hellooo Jerry Angelo Jr!

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

That would give the Bears a very bright future on offense, especially if the Bears extend Alshon Jeffery and they also have Kyle Long. They can draft a quarterback in round 1 in 2016 or 2017, preferably Cardale Jones (2016) or JT Barrett (2017)

Christian Hackenburg (2016) Trevone Boykin (2016) Anthony Jennings (2017) are a few others.