SB and the No.1 pick both possible.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Which one has better odds of happening. I don't buy the years to rebuild thing. If Fields is true, we have a shot.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
or the scenario where the Bears win the Super Bowl and the Panthers have the worst record. That would also qualify as having won the SB and have the first pick in the draft.

If it played out that way, I will personally bankroll the 15 foot bronze statue of Ryan Poles in Grant Park.

As to the OP, long odds either way as it's pretty difficult to secure the number one pick. The Bears even kind of lucked into it

I say they are still closer drafting 1 than 32 because I still have serious reservations about both key players & coaches on this latest incarnation of the Chicago Bears and winning the Super Bowl is really fucking tough to do.

I mean the Eagles looked unstoppable until they were stopped cold in the second half of that Super Bowl.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The roster isn't good enough to win with Fields being decent. He would have to be great. And I don't see anything about him as a passer that's in the same universe as great. It's going to take 2-3 years of excellent talent acquisition to get them in a realistic place to compete for a Superbowl.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wildcard maybe.

And IMO the NFCS sucks too bad for CAR to end up worst in the league.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Bears 55-1 to win super bowl (down from 100-1 early in off season)

Last i saw Bears 10-1 to have worst record (5th best chance)

gonna agree that #1 pick is more realistic

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The roster isn't good enough to win with Fields being decent. He would have to be great. And I don't see anything about him as a passer that's in the same universe as great. It's going to take 2-3 years of excellent talent acquisition to get them in a realistic place to compete for a Superbowl.
And that excellent talent acquisition will require a real QB

Bust

Liked Posts:

in 2-3 years the guys on contracts will be free agents or looking to make bank (Fields) not to mention nfl players in the trenches age in dog years.

NFL is the win now league. No if and or but

Zero excuses this season. ZERO, NADA, KAPUT, DO NOT PASS GO

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Getting the #1 pick would be more likely because you have to factor in CAR's pick into the equation. Two variables as opposed to one.

My expectations are that the Bears will be somewhere between the Lions and the Jags of last year. In other words, they'll be playoff relevant all the way to the end and have an outside chance of getting into the post-season. 8 or 9 wins would be right around where I'd peg them.

The division is going to be about as equal, in my opinion, as you've seen it in a long time. 9 or 10 might be enough without Rodgers in GB.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think this season is going to be Fields make or break year, he doesn't have to be the best QB but he needs to be in the top 10 a lot of pressure on him to get right. The roster is better and the performance should reflect it. Super Bowl not likely I do think playoffs are possible depending on Fields.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Which one has better odds of happening. I don't buy the years to rebuild thing. If Fields is true, we have a shot.
The #1 pick, the Super Bowl and the #1 pick AND the Super Bowl are all three possible.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
Way more likely Bears get the first pick in next year's draft.

I think the Bears are a 8 or 9 win team next year. Has there ever been a team in the NFL that went from the worst record in the league one year to the SB the next year? While Poles has added some nice pieces and the draft still needs to unfold, as they're currently constructed, the Bears still have less talent than the Lions, Vikings and Packers.

I agree this is a huge year for Fields. We know he's a threat running the ball. He's dynamic in that area. But, can he be dynamic throwing the football? The Bears have NEVER had a QB pass for 4000+ yards in a season. Brady has done it 14 times. Mahomes has done it every year since he became a starter. Joe Burrow has done it the last two years. The NFL added a 17th game and the Bears still can't crack 4000+ yards! For the love of God, can we please have a modern NFL passing attack in Chicago?

If Fields is mediocre next year I think you have to consider using next year's draft capital to move up and draft one of the two franchise QB's available in 2024.

napo55

Liked Posts:
If they fix the offensive line, the Bears have a chance to be good. If they don't, forget it.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Not going to happen sadly. You need to be a shrewd negotiator like Howie Roseman to get into those type of scenarios. Poles said he doesn’t like putting offers against each other and just takes the best one.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
or the scenario where the Bears win the Super Bowl and the Panthers have the worst record. That would also qualify as having won the SB and have the first pick in the draft.
Or having your cake and eating it to.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Way more likely Bears get the first pick in next year's draft.

I think the Bears are a 8 or 9 win team next year. Has there ever been a team in the NFL that went from the worst record in the league one year to the SB the next year? While Poles has added some nice pieces and the draft still needs to unfold, as they're currently constructed, the Bears still have less talent than the Lions, Vikings and Packers.

I agree this is a huge year for Fields. We know he's a threat running the ball. He's dynamic in that area. But, can he be dynamic throwing the football? The Bears have NEVER had a QB pass for 4000+ yards in a season. Brady has done it 14 times. Mahomes has done it every year since he became a starter. Joe Burrow has done it the last two years. The NFL added a 17th game and the Bears still can't crack 4000+ yards! For the love of God, can we please have a modern NFL passing attack in Chicago?

If Fields is mediocre next year I think you have to consider using next year's draft capital to move up and draft one of the two franchise QB's available in 2024.
Not much I agree with in this post.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And that excellent talent acquisition will require a real QB
I wouldn't say Fields is not a real QB. He's just an incomplete one at this point and needs to learn how to stay in the pocket and extend plays with his eyes as well as his legs. But better protection will help with that.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fields had a 3 game stretch where he scored 11 total TDs and they lost all 3 games. They need more than a QB playing "true". Whatever the hell that means.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's a better chance that the Bears end up with the #1 and #2 pick in the draft.