2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The roster isn't good enough to win with Fields being decent. He would have to be great. And I don't see anything about him as a passer that's in the same universe as great. It's going to take 2-3 years of excellent talent acquisition to get them in a realistic place to compete for a Superbowl.
get some glasses. He has the passing skill set to be great. Takes time like it did for most great qb's,.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
get some glasses. He has the passing skill set to be great. Takes time like it did for most great qb's,.
He played in a one-read friendly offense in college and never had to read the full field. That and his lack of pocket awareness were the big questions on him. He obviously hasn't had the chance to improve these things much with the Bears.

Other than your usual meatball homerism, what evidence do you have that he has the full skill set to be "great"?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Who was the most ccurate QB between 11-30 yards last season? Fields. THat's the bread and butter yardage. And that was with bad wr's. DJ Moore was #2 for recpetions in between 11-30 yards. See why the Bears wanted this guy so much? His deep ball was pretty dan g accurate too. He had a lacksidasical approach to under 10 yards throws, Easy to fix. His reading of defenses improved bit time over the season last season. breakdown the film, the tape never lies. He will be well above average as a passer. I guess most of the other experts and EX QB's are wrong too?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say Fields is not a real QB. He's just an incomplete one at this point and needs to learn how to stay in the pocket and extend plays with his eyes as well as his legs. But better protection will help with that.
Yeah, we're definitely thinking the same thing. Need a much better QB. You just have to pussy foot around it as to not cause butt hurt amongst the more easily triggered CCS sissies whereas I don't have to worry about those bitches.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, we're definitely thinking the same thing. Need a much better QB. You just have to pussy foot around it as to not cause butt hurt amongst the more easily triggered CCS sissies whereas I don't have to worry about those bitches.
Doesn't matter what forum. You suck.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
With the way the NFC South is right now, I think the Bears will be closer to #1 than Carolina.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Fields would have to take an otherworldly leap. Do I think he can do it? The line will be better, I'm confident in that. Subtracting Mustipher and Borom/Reiff is a huge addition by subtraction. With better protection, and hopefully Fields is working on the quick/intermediate game, getting timing with Moore, Mooney, Kmet, Claypool, etc. If Fields develops that, and maintains his elite deep passing game the sky is the limit.

The defense would have to over perform out of their minds given their talent level. Even with the draft they will be mediocre, at best. I don't see a playoff caliber defense even with some talent coming in the draft.