Scary truck part breaks

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The tie rod on my 1 ton work van broke about an hour ago. I was at low speed but 4 min before running 65. Happened 7 blocks from the shop I use and the damn thing made it. Guys were shocked. Would have been different at 65.

BriGuy

Liked Posts:
The tie rod on my 1 ton work van broke about an hour ago. I was at low speed but 4 min before running 65. Happened 7 blocks from the shop I use and the damn thing made it. Guys were shocked. Would have been different at 65.
F*** bro, I’m a truck driver so I thought you was talking tractor trailer. But still, that is a scary thought. Ive seen some crazy bad accidents.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought u were retired

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My brother drove 7 hours on a cracked tie rod from Indiana to Iowa once. He had no idea. Was coming home from college, took his car in to get his oil changed while he was home and they found it. Could have been like that for a long time. Was a 98 Pontiac Grand Am IIRC. Those fuckers were built solid

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
F*** bro, I’m a truck driver so I thought you was talking tractor trailer. But still, that is a scary thought. Ive seen some crazy bad accidents.

I work at a trucking company and I also thought he was talking tractor trailer.

Side note: Trucks in general are stupid if you don't use them as intended. You look like a tool. My moronic boss supposedly paid 80K for an F-150 lmao. Bitch, that isn't even heavy duty. If he paid that, he got ripped the fuck off. Brand new F-150s aren't even 80K.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your boss is insane to spend that on an F150. I have 3 trucks and they all get used. Will probably never own a car again. Like driving a truck.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Your boss is insane to spend that on an F150. I have 3 trucks and they all get used. Will probably never own a car again. Like driving a truck.
My boss is just stupid in general

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Still like to drive the beast. V10 .

I have an f450 with the v10, and I hate it. 5.5 mpg lifetime, 60k miles.

I will say it is dependable. The only repair I had to do was the a.c. compressor and that was a treat. Died mid heat wave a couple summers back.

The dealer told me it was going to be a recall, but it was currently a "galactic back order" meaning the part did not exist anywhere in the galaxy.
They made it right though- they took one off of a demo on the lot and put it in as a bridge till the part was made.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My ac on this old thing still works but it only comes out at heat and defroster vents. Still gets cold LOL

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
My brother drove 7 hours on a cracked tie rod from Indiana to Iowa once. He had no idea. Was coming home from college, took his car in to get his oil changed while he was home and they found it. Could have been like that for a long time. Was a 98 Pontiac Grand Am IIRC. Those fuckers were built solid
LoL you think that 90's Pontiacs were built solid?! ROFLMAO!!!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My refrigerator broke the other day but i didn’t start a thread about it. You are permabanned until you get another job or less boring

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure these posts start as:

@Urblock has something happen or reads a Fox News story about literally any type of animal.

@Urblock sits down for beerdecks and his brane immediately says "Da boys on CCS need ta hear bout dis'n"

TL;DR @tardigrade you just gonna have to get used to this lol

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ok i have reinstated you based on the community. Don’t do this again

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
idk bro. I lput almost 200k on mine with minimal repairs.
I get what you are saying, but if you put that era of Pontiac up against the big three Japanese producers the Japanese would win hands down.

Specifically Toyota and Honda from that era were just better vehicles.

Look at how much it is to buy a 90's Toyota Land Cruiser or Supra today with 200k and I think you will get my point.

Also, random car side note, I really think that pretty much every car company is doing a far superior job to what they were producing in the 90's. I am sure that there are certain random exceptions, but all in all it seems that pretty much every major car company has stepped up their game.

Anyone else feel that way?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure these posts start as:

@Urblock has something happen or reads a Fox News story about literally any type of animal.

@Urblock sits down for beerdecks and his brane immediately says "Da boys on CCS need ta hear bout dis'n"

TL;DR @tardigrade you just gonna have to get used to this lol
Gosh I cannot wait until I get to do that!