Schmitz Foles Video

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Worth a watch. Sorry if already posted, didnt see it.

Imagine needing your WR who makes millions of dollars needing to catch the football within his frame and saying that's a fault on the qb.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The way Foles runs the O is why I want him to start the season and have Mitch watch and learn. With this OL, it's unlikely he finishes the year and hopefully Mitch will have a better understanding by then.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Schmitzie been putting out great work since he moved to the Run Pass Opinion format and moved away from the skinny jeans style slacks.

Nervous about the OL considering how important protection is to a QB like Foles. Would feel a lot more confident if the team signed a proven vet iOL to help limit that interior pressure that Foles has such limited tools to deal with.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Schmitzie been putting out great work since he moved to the Run Pass Opinion format and moved away from the skinny jeans style slacks.

Nervous about the OL considering how important protection is to a QB like Foles. Would feel a lot more confident if the team signed a proven vet iOL to help limit that interior pressure that Foles has such limited tools to deal with.
I dont feel like the bears Oline was allowing free reign for defenders, they just eventually allowed someone to go freely but they would 95% of the time, buy enough time for a qb to throw, you'll always have a few times in a game where someone fucks up, but thats every team except maybe the best Oline in football. have we ever seen trubisky actually dance within a pocket mmm maybe 1 time ? nick foles knows how to move around in the pocket. Nick foles ability to read RPO will cut down on the need for the Oline to play 100% on every down iMO.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I dont feel like the bears Oline was allowing free reign for defenders, they just eventually allowed someone to go freely but they would 95% of the time, buy enough time for a qb to throw, you'll always have a few times in a game where someone fucks up, but thats every team except maybe the best Oline in football. have we ever seen trubisky actually dance within a pocket mmm maybe 1 time ? nick foles knows how to move around in the pocket. Nick foles ability to read RPO will cut down on the need for the Oline to play 100% on every down iMO.

I don't feel like we were watching the same game, there were plenty of times guys were missing blocks and defenders were running past our guys. Hell, just go back and watch some Montgomery runs, he is immediately met in the backfield on a consistent basis. There were times that the oline held their own, not saying they didn't but they looked confused on running plays and pass pro. I don't know if it was the blocking scheme or coaching or both but guys weren't making it to the second level when they were supposed to, they were flat out whiffing on blocks and during a packers game, one of our TE's was sent to move behind the line to pick up an extra defender and he literally ran right by him.

Watch this video and just watch the oline, it's crazy how confused and bad they looked:
Remember this is one game, they looked like this all season

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't feel like we were watching the same game, there were plenty of times guys were missing blocks and defenders were running past our guys.

I agree with a lot of what you said.

I've been watching Game Pass and comparing Trubisky and Foles. One thing that immediately sticks out is how good Foles is at stepping up when the pocket collapses and hitting a receiver. By contrast, Mitch rolls out, and the play is immediately impromptu or backyard shit. When Foles steps up, he's staying within the play design, so the outcome is usually a more successful play than what happens with Mitch rolling out.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

A lot of posters have already responded to this so i'm not going to repeat whats already been said. But I think the summary is that relative to the other 31 teams in the NFL, yes the Bears were that bad. No team is perfect on every single play, no team gets beat on every single play. But Bears OL was bottom 10 in pretty much every stat there is for the OL, including pressures given up, and avg. time to pressure given up of which they were 29th worst.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Pocket? Don’t you need competent guard play for that? We had literal week of the corpse of Kyle long starting followed by players that would not start for any team. Maybe ifedi can become an entirely different person in Chicago?

Not making an excuse for trubisky but Foles is not going to have a pocket to work with.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I don't feel like we were watching the same game, there were plenty of times guys were missing blocks and defenders were running past our guys. Hell, just go back and watch some Montgomery runs, he is immediately met in the backfield on a consistent basis. There were times that the oline held their own, not saying they didn't but they looked confused on running plays and pass pro. I don't know if it was the blocking scheme or coaching or both but guys weren't making it to the second level when they were supposed to, they were flat out whiffing on blocks and during a packers game, one of our TE's was sent to move behind the line to pick up an extra defender and he literally ran right by him.

Watch this video and just watch the oline, it's crazy how confused and bad they looked:
Remember this is one game, they looked like this all season
only the shit that is anyone playing RG, our backup RT and Leno's insane shit year.... but communication and being on the same page is the biggest issue here especially with the Oline as a unit and QB to Oline relation. I wasn't talking about run blocks so that has nothing to do with what i said.

I saw a few times in the video, Leno was trying to read the defender when he was blocking him to make the next move he hesistates because he isn't sure if Trubisky is just sitting 10 yards behind the LOS or moving up in the pocket in the same game it affected his decision on multiple plays because he keeps assuming oh mitch is going to sit like a statue or roll out so i'll block to keep the defender away from the outside or away from the pocket, he he definitely sucks ass in run block but i think our Oline will be fixed with a new scheme and a real Oline coach. Daniels had a run block where he thought cody whitehair was going to take over and he was ready to go up field instead cody whitehair literally pushes his own teammate Daniels and runs around him allowing the defender to free run inside like are you fucking serious whitehair what the actual fuck was that Special person shit ?

Last edited:

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
A lot of posters have already responded to this so i'm not going to repeat whats already been said. But I think the summary is that relative to the other 31 teams in the NFL, yes the Bears were that bad. No team is perfect on every single play, no team gets beat on every single play. But Bears OL was bottom 10 in pretty much every stat there is for the OL, including pressures given up, and avg. time to pressure given up of which they were 29th worst.
I didn't say they were good, or not that bad I said i dont think they allowed a defender to run free , they got hands on defenders and whiffed a full block etc,

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Pocket? Don’t you need competent guard play for that? We had literal week of the corpse of Kyle long starting followed by players that would not start for any team. Maybe ifedi can become an entirely different person in Chicago?

Not making an excuse for trubisky but Foles is not going to have a pocket to work with.
he had plenty of pockets and plenty of times he could of stepped up to avoid pressure, sacks but he decides to sit 10 yards back like a statue and or roll out and run.

Kyle Long played how many games ? ya pretty sure he was gone around game 4.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another thing to consider is that while with the Eagles, Nick Foles had the highest percentage of the minimum 5 man protection in the entire league. It was something like 80%. This means he regularly had 5 targets on every passing down, which is a huge advantage that regularly goes unnoticed.

If you recall in the first quarter of the playoff game, Peterson went out there from the first series with only 5 pass blockers. That was the key to moving the football against that Bears defense. Once Peterson was forced to add protection, Foles began to struggle immensely. Just having to keep an extra player in to block will likely drastically affect his play in comparison to Philadelphia.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
only the shit that is anyone playing RG, our backup RT and Leno's insane shit year.... but communication and being on the same page is the biggest issue here especially with the Oline as a unit and QB to Oline relation. I wasn't talking about run blocks so that has nothing to do with what i said.

I saw a few times in the video, Leno was trying to read the defender when he was blocking him to make the next move he hesistates because he isn't sure if Trubisky is just sitting 10 yards behind the LOS or moving up in the pocket in the same game it affected his decision on multiple plays because he keeps assuming oh mitch is going to sit like a statue or roll out so i'll block to keep the defender away from the outside or away from the pocket, he he definitely sucks ass in run block but i think our Oline will be fixed with a new scheme and a real Oline coach. Daniels had a run block where he thought cody whitehair was going to take over and he was ready to go up field instead cody whitehair literally pushes his own teammate Daniels and runs around him allowing the defender to free run inside like are you fucking serious whitehair what the actual fuck was that Special person shit ?

Every year, I read this same baseless Bullshit, Oline coach is important, but you can't make great spaghetti if you're using dogshit to make the meatballs !!

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Every year, I read this same baseless Bullshit, Oline coach is important, but you can't make great spaghetti if you're using dogshit to make the meatballs !!
So pro bowl Leno avg massie athletic young Daniels and consistent whitehair are dog shit ? When did your opinion mean anything ?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Saw that Foles vid when it came out. Good video.

What I noticed most about Foles when we lost to the Eagles in the playoff game was how fast a release Foles had.

Bears were pass rushers were getting there fast a decent amount of the time, but Foles release was so fast (and obviously his reads were equally fast) that it didn't matter.

Hopefully the players will understand and execute the play a lot better than last year. Foles will be a player doing that. As the QB, that will make a big difference.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way Foles runs the O is why I want him to start the season and have Mitch watch and learn. With this OL, it's unlikely he finishes the year and hopefully Mitch will have a better understanding by then.
Yep. It's what I've been wanting. There's really no advantage to starting Trubisky. I'd rather Foles start so that Trubisky can see how the offense is supposed to be run. Maybe he can learn to step up in the pocket and not abandon it so fast. If Trubisky learns from Foles and improves, I think it would be a salvageable first round pick.