Schwarber

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
orrrr he’s the GOAT cuz he’s not juicing and those two were!!!
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I didn't even care when people were caught using steroids lol. It made baseball awesome. Who doesn't want to see guys slamming 70 HRs in a season?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I didn't even care when people were caught using steroids lol. It made baseball awesome. Who doesn't want to see guys slamming 70 HRs in a season?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Majority of the league was on it including pitchers. The whole steroid era guys being not in the hall is a joke. People will always try to get a competitive edge. Shit, baseball players used to eat amphetamine like it was going out of style, but no one gave a shit then.

I dont care if Bonds took the roids. When he went into that box, it was must see TV and every pitcher shit their pants.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Majority of the league was on it including pitchers. The whole steroid era guys being not in the hall is a joke. People will always try to get a competitive edge. Shit, baseball players used to eat amphetamine like it was going out of style, but no one gave a shit then.

I dont care if Bonds took the roids. When he went into that box, it was must see TV and every pitcher shit their pants.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And the Injury train chugs on at the 2.

06/30/21Chicago Cubs selected the contract of C Taylor Gushue from Iowa Cubs.
06/30/21Chicago Cubs placed C Jose Lobaton on the 60-day injured list. Right shoulder sprain.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What Kyle is doing is a great sales pitch for Jed.

See, we just stink. Kyle got out and is wrecking baseballs. They can too.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Someone might want to update the name of the thread to “All - Star Kyle Schwarber.”

kinda telling that the two big name guys the cubs got rid of this past offseason(schwarber and darvish) are both all stars this season. Jed is pretty inept

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Big props and happy for Schwarbs.
So the elephant in the room….what has changed for him and why couldn’t this organization get him to reach this potential?
Easy...there's lots of truth in the adage that a change of scenery can do wonders.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Since joining the Red Sox he’s been even hotter at the plate. His OPS is over 1.00 since joining the Sox.

His average on the season is up to .267 with a .365 OBP(.449 OBP since joining the Red Sox) and 29 Homeruns total

but yeah, the Cubs couldn’t use him or find him worth tendering a contract to this past offseason.

instead, we got Joc!!! ?

gopher72

Liked Posts:
U think he'd be hitting like this if he were still in Chicago? I doubt it. Change of scenery can be a wonderful thing.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Since joining the Red Sox he’s been even hotter at the plate. His OPS is over 1.00 since joining the Sox.

His average on the season is up to .267 with a .365 OBP(.449 OBP since joining the Red Sox) and 29 Homeruns total

but yeah, the Cubs couldn’t use him or find him worth tendering a contract to this past offseason.

instead, we got Joc!!! ?
Hes finally becoming the player I thought he could be. I thought him or soler could be the best hitter of their bunch that came up together

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hes finally becoming the player I thought he could be. I thought him or soler could be the best hitter of their bunch that came up together

agreed. Throw in the fact that he’s a lefty bat…somebody is going to pay him a lot of $$ this offseason I think. Something like 5 or 6 years and 125 to 150 million

ironically, the guy the cubs deemed not worthy of 8 mil or whatever it was, is going to get more money this offseason than any player in the “core” not named Kris Bryant

TL1961

Liked Posts:
agreed. Throw in the fact that he’s a lefty bat…somebody is going to pay him a lot of $$ this offseason I think. Something like 5 or 6 years and 125 to 150 million

ironically, the guy the cubs deemed not worthy of 8 mil or whatever it was, is going to get more money this offseason than any player in the “core” not named Kris Bryant
You think somebody is going to pay $20-25 million/season?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Schwarber is still only 28....a few years younger than most of the AAA schmucks everyone is raving about right now. Sure, his range in left was limited but his arm made him a weapon in the outfield. Letting him walk then signing a dufus like Joc, who is a worse defender, to save a couple of mil was incredibly stupid.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You think somebody is going to pay $20-25 million/season?

im not going to make any sort of guarantee, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Red Sox or Yankees decide to pay him that type of money

a guy that will hit .260+ with .340+OBP and 35+ home runs don’t typically come cheap