Score 670 on how the Bears are mismanaging the offense.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ahh maybe I did make it about his college - But that wasn't my intent -
My point being that Ohio State so dominate in Big 10 (IMO by a large margin for the last 10yrs) it masks the talent of its players. You can't mask talent in the NFL.
The other conferences have more parity-

All Colleges aside - My original point to Dez was if Justin Fields doesn't improve by seasons end and we have the chance to draft Bryce Young - We should get him and cut bait on Fields.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ahh maybe I did make it about his college - But that wasn't my intent -
My point being that Ohio State so dominate in Big 10 (IMO by a large margin for the last 10yrs) it masks the talent of its players. You can't mask talent in the NFL.
The other conferences have more parity-

All Colleges aside - My original point to Dez was if Justin Fields doesn't improve by seasons end and we have the chance to draft Bryce Young - We should get him and cut bait on Fields.

So we can just ruin another QB with less talent?

Makes sense to me. At least it would give fields a chance to succeed if he goes elsewhere.

Reactions: Myk

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If Bears are able to draft Bryce Young or CJ Shroud they should do it, is having two potential elite QB's competeing with each other really that bad? or something to worry about?

Bears will get JF help they're just in cap hell.
Just fucking no.

No.
1666402305870.png
Stop the dumb shit. No.

We need a right tackle more. We have a starting Qb.
Fuck that noise. If we pick when Stroud is available, we trade back and grab the picks. We then go on a shopping spree.

What kind of bullshit is it that you’d rather have a qb controversy and a rookie than more first round picks.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we can just ruin another QB with less talent?

Makes sense to me. At least it would give fields a chance to succeed if he goes elsewhere.
I disagree-

Fields is going to sink or swim this season - and that is up to him - Doesn't mean he has to win every game - Just means he has to learn how to score touchdowns when you get in the red zone - He was there 3 times with several chances last week with NO Touchdowns against one of the worst teams in the league...

That doesn't have a ring of talent to me - But I guess it does for you

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I disagree-

Fields is going to sink or swim this season - and that is up to him - Doesn't mean he has to win every game - Just means he has to learn how to score touchdowns when you get in the red zone - He was there 3 times with several chances last week with NO Touchdowns against one of the worst teams in the league...

JF has to call plays better, design better plays, block better and catch the ball

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I disagree-

Did you watch the fucking game?

If Fields puts it on a WR’s hands, it’s not on him. Go back and watch the drops, including what would have been the game winner with usually money Mooney.

People see what they want to, I get it, but it doesn’t change how fucking illustrative of the Dunning-Kruger Effect this is.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I disagree-

Just in case:
The Dunning-Kruger effect effect occurs when a person's lack of knowledge and skills in a certain area cause them to overestimate their own competence. By contrast, this effect also causes those who excel in a given area to think the task is simple for everyone, and underestimate their relative abilities as well.

If Fields puts it on a WR’s hands, it’s not on him. Go back and watch the drops, including what would have been the game winner with usually money Mooney.

People see what they want to, I get it, but it doesn’t change how fucking illustrative of the Dunning-Kruger Effect this is.
:snoop"

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:

Did you? Geez

1 Drive he hits the D_Lineman square in the helmet for a Pick

Then of course there is this Gem on another red zone drive

The Mooney Pass - He throws to Mooney, the guy with the tightest coverage - Look at the running back on the play nobody covering him.... All the other Rxvers look to have a step- It is a choice - Just he wants to go to his security blanket - But to me the throw looks late, high, and he had other options

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
no go vet QB.

I bet bears could get Russell Wilson off the broncos for way below market value in picks if bears agree to take on the rest of his deal. Bears are working in a position of strength so Poles needs to look for a one sided deal.

So you want to trade for and older and more expensive version of Justin Fields?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Did you? Geez

this is actually on the OL. When a defender leaves his feet, you straight bury his fucking ass. You brutalize him for that. DL need to fear leaving their feet. It is imperative that as the jump, you block hard and push them horizontal.
The Mooney Pass - He throws to Mooney, the guy with the tightest coverage - Look at the running back on the play nobody covering him.... All the other Rxvers look to have a step- It is a choice - Just he wants to go to his security blanket - But to me the throw looks late, high, and he had other options

This is literally what a number 1 receiver is and is to do. Fields put it exactly where it had to go in order to make sure Mooney was the only one who could grab it. It hit his hands. He didn’t bring it in. If he had secured it when it hit his hands, we win.

So, as I said, watch the fucking game and see whole drives killed because they can’t catch the fucking ball. On a side note, this is why I want Elijah Moore on the Bears so badly.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Did you? Geez

Then of course there is this Gem on another red zone drive

Your interpretation of the Mooney play says everything. You don't know wtf you are talking about and haven't watched a single breakdown of his performance. Plenty to blame him for, but not throwing to Montgomery is you simply not knowing what you are talking about

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
this is actually on the OL. When a defender leaves his feet, you straight bury his fucking ass. You brutalize him for that. DL need to fear leaving their feet. It is imperative that as the jump, you block hard and push them horizontal.

This is literally what a number 1 receiver is and is to do. Fields put it exactly where it had to go in order to make sure Mooney was the only one who could grab it. It hit his hands. He didn’t bring it in. If he had secured it when it hit his hands, we win.

So, as I said, watch the fucking game and see whole drives killed because they can’t catch the fucking ball. On a side note, this is why I want Elijah Moore on the Bears so badly.
The defender didn't leave his feet when fields hit his helmet

Canth

Liked Posts:
Your interpretation of the Mooney play says everything. You don't know wtf you are talking about and haven't watched a single breakdown of his performance. Plenty to blame him for, but not throwing to Montgomery is you simply not knowing what you are talking about
Yeah, the part that also gets me when some people have mentioned Montgomery is that he is just at the 10 yard line when the throw is made to Mooney. There are at least 2, probably going to be 3 defenders at the goal line that can step up and try to make that stop on Montgomery if Fields does throw it left right there. Hell, even in that clip you can see 1 defender looking right at Montgomery and only turns when the ball is released the other direction. By no means did Montgomery have an easy walk-in TD that was missed.

Canth

Liked Posts:
One other comment on the throw to Mooney: There is a lot of talk about throwing a guy open or being decisive and throwing the ball to a guy when he is "NFL" open. The throw to Mooney is exactly what we need to see more of from Fields, not less. Make a quick decisive throw that hits your WR in the hands.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:

DLineman never left his feet and I find it hilarious that you are blaming the Oline for him doinking it off a helmet - with a clean pocket to boot

With Mooney Play I just think he has other options that looked better pre-snap - Dback was pressing at the LOS so looked to me that it was going to be a tight play - it’s all hindsight of course so it already done and the result is a loss

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
DLineman never left his feet and I find it hilarious that you are blaming the Oline for him doinking it off a helmet - with a clean pocket to boot

With Mooney Play I just think he has other options that looked better pre-snap - Dback was pressing at the LOS so looked to me that it was going to be a tight play - it’s all hindsight of course so it already done and the result is a loss
The defender didn't leave his feet when fields hit his helmet
I’m going to have to go with the defender not leaving his feet, because the video is too grainy for me to confirm. It looked to me like he did, but it sure looks like the Dline felt comfortable jumping with nobody plowing them into the ground. 62, Lucas Patrick, got driven straight back. The defender he was blocking extended straight up. Sure looked like he and almost every Washington player was leaving their feet, so Fields sends the ball and hits a helmet with a harsh rush coming.

His eyes were where they should have been. This was on the OL for not keeping the DL low. Blocking is a nasty business. When you’re getting beat, especially by one of the best interior DL, it makes it harder on Fields. I still put this on the OL. I can understand why people would put it on Fields.