Score 670 on how the Bears are mismanaging the offense.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m going to have to go with the defender not leaving his feet, because the video is too grainy for me to confirm. It looked to me like he did, but it sure looks like the Dline felt comfortable jumping with nobody plowing them into the ground. 62, Lucas Patrick, got driven straight back. The defender he was blocking extended straight up. Sure looked like he and almost every Washington player was leaving their feet, so Fields sends the ball and hits a helmet with a harsh rush coming.

His eyes were where they should have been. This was on the OL for not keeping the DL low. Blocking is a nasty business. When you’re getting beat, especially by one of the best interior DL, it makes it harder on Fields. I still put this on the OL. I can understand why people would put it on Fields.

On the deflection, I find Fields partly to blame for dropping his arm angle and going kinda sidearm…

AjarAnguishedGalapagoshawk-size_restricted.gif

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
On the deflection, I find Fields partly to blame for dropping his arm angle and going kinda sidearm…

Yeah, he tried to side arm it, and it went right off the defender's helmet. However, that defender was about half a second away from getting past Mustiturd anyway.

Canth

Liked Posts:

Wow, looking at that angle, I kind of laugh a little at the amount of head movement from the doink of the ball. I think Fields nearly gave the guy a concussion.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. Very hars to throw short over the middle in red zone when the interior gets pushed 3 yards back into your face.

2. Warner already explained why the pass to Mooney was the right read.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Yeah, he tried to side arm it, and it went right off the defender's helmet. However, that defender was about half a second away from getting past Mustiturd anyway.
1. Very hars to throw short over the middle in red zone when the interior gets pushed 3 yards back into your face.

2. Warner already explained why the pass to Mooney was the right read.
I agree with this.

Though I am going to go with it primarily on the OL, Fields did side arm it to get the right throwing angle. Technically, that is not the orthodox way to throw it, so I can understand why someone would assign him part of the blame. Fair enough, but to put this as an example of why Fields isn’t competent as a qb is a fine exotic blend of piss and shit.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Holmes and I are of similar minds when it comes to Justin fields and evaluating him.

The only thing that would disagree with is never blame on malpractice what you can attribute to stupidity. I think this is a brand new coaching staff and a brand new general manager.

I think they thought in their heads they could get away with what they had for a season by running the ball and playing really good defense which is why they drafted as they did. I don't believe that's any sort of referendum on fields.

It worked out for a couple games but now things are changing and they realize they can't keep it up, so as we've seen for New England they actually are changing things up and Patrick is now the center.

I think this is just growing pains from a coaching staff and GM who are learning on the job.

Now, if they go into next year and don't get Fields help, then I will be on board with considering it to be coaching and GM malpractice.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Yes, everyone knows Justin needs a hall of fame LT, all pro center, 2nd tier all pro guard, a hall of fame wr and an all pro tight end for the offense to at least become league <average>.

I ask the sugarcoaters this tho. . .

With the present day roster surrounding Fields, is it a 34.5 QBR talent that's surrounded him? answer is DUH

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Yes, everyone knows Justin needs a hall of fame LT, all pro center, 2nd tier all pro guard, a hall of fame wr and an all pro tight end for the offense to at least become league <average>.

With the present day roster surrounding Fields, is it a 34.5 QBR talent that's surrounded him? answer is DUH
I don’t understand this. Are you saying Fields needs all pros? Do you make up stories in your head thinking people are saying he needs all pros?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bryce Young may indeed be better.... but to simply discard a player because of his college is dumb as fuk.
I wonder what Mahomes thinks of when he hears that

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

LOL.....C'mon Bust put your ?️ away.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Wow, looking at that angle, I kind of laugh a little at the amount of head movement from the doink of the ball. I think Fields nearly gave the guy a concussion.

Lol, coaches aren't doing their jobs... That's concussion protocol, right there! ?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
It's pretty clear to me now that Poles does not believe in Fields. There is always a chance Fields surprises us but I haven't seen it.

Poles will take a shot at a QB in the draft this year or next.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's pretty clear to me now that Poles does not believe in Fields. There is always a chance Fields surprises us but I haven't seen it.

Poles will take a shot at a QB in the draft this year or next.
It’s pretty clear to me that you are mentally Special person.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Watched this yesterday , Poles seemed to go best Available at A need position, limited picks and Cap Space.

So you go with GM speak and believe whatever you're told? I get that, I held Nagy to loving Trubisky, but that is to show what he says can't be trusted.
Are those two players playing like hidden talent that slipped to the 2nd round? BPA at CB and S may not shine until year 2 but they should be doing something great.
So they weren't BPA. They were players at positions someone wanted but not BPA.

Compare them to players at more needed positions, positions that would help say Fields, yay or nay. They are DEFINITELY not the BPA. So whoever decided to draft them was just wrong.
The draft is over, the season is underway. Now is the time to start playing hindsight draft so judge how the GM did. As far as impact to the game this many games into a season he has failed. We should at least be seeing flashes of greatness.

And I do love ball hawking CBs and Ss so I still have hope they were can't pass up picks and they're just slow to show.

Holmes and I are of similar minds when it comes to Justin fields and evaluating him.

The only thing that would disagree with is never blame on malpractice what you can attribute to stupidity. I think this is a brand new coaching staff and a brand new general manager.

I think they thought in their heads they could get away with what they had for a season by running the ball and playing really good defense which is why they drafted as they did. I don't believe that's any sort of referendum on fields.

It worked out for a couple games but now things are changing and they realize they can't keep it up, so as we've seen for New England they actually are changing things up and Patrick is now the center.

I think this is just growing pains from a coaching staff and GM who are learning on the job.

Now, if they go into next year and don't get Fields help, then I will be on board with considering it to be coaching and GM malpractice.

I go with malpractice because the answer was so obvious it was even stated by Poles before he did the opposite.
But the answer we got was a rerun from Trubisky, and Cutler so I'm thinking it's the one constant from Angelo to Pace to Poles. Ownership is sticking their nose into it too much. Just like it's the ownership who sticks GMs with QBs drafted the year before and push HCs on GMs. I think they're micromanaging the team and not managing their GM when they should be (telling Pace "No more big moves, you're gone. We're not sticking the next guy with your failures. This is the start of your clean up year." instead, "Sure get a 1st round QB, we like him. The next GM will like him too.").