Score reporting Thursday will be Nagys last game

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I feel bad for the guy. His offense may be terrible but he's still a human being. If he indeed found out this way, it's fucked up. I tend to think that Nagy was probably supposed to talk to management about him being fired, but the story leaked before he talked to them. I think if any of this was not true, someone on the Bears would have come out already and said so. I feel bad for Nagy as a human being. This is just fucked up.

I don't. He, and others in his profession, make a lot of money to take whatever comes their way. He's made more money being terrible at his job, than most of us will make the rest of our lives being at least average at our jobs. I have no sympathy for those that choose to get into a cutthroat business. If he can't handle it, he can feel free to retire now and live off of the millions he took from the Bears.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't. He, and others in his profession, make a lot of money to take whatever comes their way. He's made more money being terrible at his job, than most of us will make the rest of our lives being at least average at our jobs. I have no sympathy for those that choose to get into a cutthroat business. If he can't handle it, he can feel free to retire now and live off of the millions he took from the Bears.
I think you are pretty great at your job

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Who knows, but the simplest explanation is that Mark Konkol, a guy who admitted sports isn’t his wheelhouse and that his story was based on a single phone call, simply got it wrong.

I was skeptical when he kind of hemmed and hawed about it on the radio, saying he was “pretty sure” and that it was “looking like it was going to happen”.

I know some people will be convinced Konkol was right and that ownership had to change their plans when it all went public, but Bears beat guys have already said Konkol’s story was incorrect when it says Nagy was notified of his impending termination.

Anything is possible, but the evidence and the lack of corroboration from Bears beat guys who live in Halas Hall suggests Konkol was misinformed by someone he thought had better information than they actually did. He didn’t vet it and simply rolled with it, by his own admission.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
The ultimate laugh

1...Bears fire Nagy prior to Thursdays game,but tell him to keep it quiet till after the game.

2...Somehow, the firing leaks out.

3...Trying to be a good boy,Nagy denies it.

4...10 minutes after Thursdays game is over, Nagy gets fired, and looks dumber than ever.

Bears tell Nagy he is fired, but expect him to coach the rest of the season, and next season too...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who knows, but the simplest explanation is that Mark Konkol, a guy who admitted sports isn’t his wheelhouse and that his story was based on a single phone call, simply got it wrong.

I was skeptical when he kind of hemmed and hawed about it on the radio, saying he was “pretty sure” and that it was “looking like it was going to happen”.

I know some people will be convinced Konkol was right and that ownership had to change their plans when it all went public, but Bears beat guys have already said Konkol’s story was incorrect when it says Nagy was notified of his impending termination.

Anything is possible, but the evidence and the lack of corroboration from Bears beat guys who live in Halas Hall suggests Konkol was misinformed by someone he thought had better information than they actually did. He didn’t vet it and simply rolled with it, by his own admission.
Dan Bernstein put way too much faith in it. I felt the sane way as you when Konkol went on the show, he didn't sound like he knew wtf he was talking about.

It was funny listening to the Score that day, in chronological order: Bernstein took it as gospel, Holmes was skeptical, Parkins thought it was a load of shit.