Scottie Pippen GQ article

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Scottie is going to come off looking far worse with this than he did in The Last Dance.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Nothing out of line and 100.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I mean hes as bitter about that Kukoc shot situation as he was in 1994. I get why he felt slighted but at the end of the day that was your team, your teammate - and he hit the shot, making you look foolish.

It was also a play that they ran before (and Kukoc showed he could hit it).

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To me the most ironic thing about this interview is that he's talking all this stuff about KD not using his team and taking all the shots and all that, but that Toni situation what did Pippen want to do? Take the shot. I guess you could say maybe KD should've used him teammates more in the rest of the game or whatever but idk, just seems funny to me. And then on top of that if KD's feet weren't so dang big his team is the one in the ECF right now.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
To me the most ironic thing about this interview is that he's talking all this stuff about KD not using his team and taking all the shots and all that, but that Toni situation what did Pippen want to do? Take the shot. I guess you could say maybe KD should've used him teammates more in the rest of the game or whatever but idk, just seems funny to me. And then on top of that if KD's feet weren't so dang big his team is the one in the ECF right now.

do as I say, not as I do

also, what Scottie said about KD wasn’t wrong. And it wasn’t insulting either

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
KD called him out for that

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pip can’t let that shit go lol…now calling it a racial move

Also said that Charles Barkley only threw small white dudes out of a window but never fought a black guy when no refs are around. Not sure what he’s implying here but he comes off as an unintelligent dope after a lot of things that he said. Numerous contradictions and some stuff that flat out didn’t make much sense.

Team guy but cries over wins when the play ain’t drawn up for him. Don’t remember Jordan crying when pax hit the game winning shot in the finals in Phoenix or when Kerr got the winning shot against Utah in the finals.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Has anyone tried the bourbon? If so, thoughts? Is it even available yet?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Team guy but cries over wins when the play ain’t drawn up for him. Don’t remember Jordan crying when pax hit the game winning shot in the finals in Phoenix or when Kerr got the winning shot against Utah in the finals.
Honestly can see how Pip felt he was insulted by having to take the ball out and pass to a rookie for the final shot. You also have to account for the tension because Kukoc was Krause's guy and he had a bigger contract than him too.

It's just silly that he's still bitter about it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was 14 when that shot happened, hated Kukoc actually, and still thought Pippen was in the wrong.

I forgave him as a beloved Bull obviously, and I think the context outlined above was beyond me at the time where he was bitter about Kukoc on many other levels than I understood...I just knew something was wrong and that half the point of going to Kukoc was that half the other team would be focused on Pippen.

He's lucky they succeeded without him, because his being the decoy was 90% of the point of going to someone else.

I don't quite see why even in hindsight he can't see the compliment, that going to someone else was because 99% of the building thought the ball would be going to Pippen. This is basketball basics...a top 10 player of all time, and Hall of Famer shouldn't feel so threatened.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Honestly can see how Pip felt he was insulted by having to take the ball out and pass to a rookie for the final shot. You also have to account for the tension because Kukoc was Krause's guy and he had a bigger contract than him too.

It's just silly that he's still bitter about it.
I get it but definitely should have let it go a long time ago. Let’s look at it from a basketball perspective…kukoc was a proven clutch player and also the better shooter. It was a great play design, they got the exact look they wanted, and kukoc nailed it. Team ball. I get Scottie wanting the shot, but cmon…

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Has anyone tried the bourbon? If so, thoughts? Is it even available yet?
I have. It's only available in the Chicagoland area and he's doing some promotional appearances signing bottles and stuff at some random locations.

It's decent to me, but I'm no bourbon expert. I'm sure those with the most refined bourbon palettes will almost certainly say it's terrible. It's almost definitely overpriced for whatever it is, but that's to be expected.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I dont agree with Pippen on the Kukoc shot. But I DO see where he's frustrated. if I'm correct, weren't MJ/Pip pissed at Krause and Reinsdorf for touting Toni like he's the next great thing?!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont agree with Pippen on the Kukoc shot. But I DO see where he's frustrated. if I'm correct, weren't MJ/Pip pissed at Krause and Reinsdorf for touting Toni like he's the next great thing?!
Yeah they were. That's why they clamped him like it was game 7 of the NBA finals when they played during the Olympics. They definitely did not like Kukoc because of what the Jerrys were saying about him to start

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Scottie sounds so entitled. He was also completely stumped when DP compared it to the Kerr shot. I think Scottie is drinking too much of his own product.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
In fairness to Scottie, he just lost his oldest son two months ago - something I just learned an hour ago. So I think a part of this is him reeling from that.