Scottie Pippen GQ article

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
In fairness to Scottie, he just lost his oldest son two months ago - something I just learned an hour ago. So I think a part of this is him reeling from that.
I did not know that. You could very well be right but at the same time, he’s definitely been bitter about the kukoc shot for years and has never got over it. The racist spin is new though…maybe he is reeling a bit over the passing of his son.

Either way, Scottie’s image has certainly taken a hit since these interviews.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No doubt he's always had that resentment, maybe the death of the child makes him feel like he's got nothing to lose? I don't know, I don't want to play internet psychiatrist.

It's just sad to watch one of your childhood heroes doing this heel turn. It's Bash at the Beach 1996 all over again.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Scottie Pipper is a transcendent player and probably doesn't get enough credit for how truly great he was. But he's also a jackass that continues to make himself look worse over time. He likes to whine and play the victim, but the reality is he has largely been given a pass for the stupid things he has said and done over the years.

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Scottie Pipper is a transcendent player and probably doesn't get enough credit for how truly great he was. But he's also a jackass that continues to make himself look worse over time. He likes to whine and play the victim, but the reality is he has largely been given a pass for the stupid things he has said and done over the years.
I agree that he is not the brightest bulb on the planet. And IMHO I'm not sure I'd describe his being a transcendent player. But if in fact he was, then I would subscribe to the position that Jordan made him that way.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I guess it boils down to semantics. Pip was likely the best perimeter defender of his generation and possibly all time. The point forward position was also not very common whatsoever during his day. Both are pretty transcendent traits. His impact on the basketball court was immense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I guess it boils down to semantics. Pip was likely the best perimeter defender of his generation and possibly all time. The point forward position was also not very common whatsoever during his day. Both are pretty transcendent traits. His impact on the basketball court was immense.
Thank God @RamiTheBullsFan doesn't post here anymore. I remember a 12 page discussion on this topic.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ah, a Rami vortex, nice. What’re the cliff notes on said discussion?
I *believe* he felt that the position was created by Scottie Pippen. @FirstTimer probably remembers better.

Rami had some all-time classics though:
- Boris Diaw was the most versatile player in the NBA
- Andrei Kirilenko was another all-time versatile player
- Oscar Robertson was a poor man's Rod Strickland (I could be wrong about that)
- Lebron putting on weight would destroy his athleticism

I know there are more. @clonetrooper264 @Scoot26

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Completely forgot about the great Boris Diaw

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
After awhile @RamiTheBullsFan gave up writing his screeds and started doing voice recordings and posting them as youtubes.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Completely forgot about the great Boris Diaw
Yeah, I don't remember where Kirilenko was in the versatile discussion, but I know he loved him, and I don't think his Big O comp was to Strickland. Maybe it was Gary Payton.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Omg the Boris Diaw threads...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I only remember the Boris Diaw one.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I remember that game...when Scottie quit. Kukoc hit big shots all that year. Bulls had leads in the fourth quarter of all 3 games against the Knicks leading up to that moment. Pippen wasn't made for that. If Phil is racist, its not because of that particular play.

If Kukoc doesn't hit that shot...Scottie's career in Chicago is over! He should be grateful.