Scottie Pippen's sour grapes

Scottie Pippen

• is right. He doesn't get enough credit.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • has some good points, but he's gone a little overboard.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • needs to stop talking ASAP.

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Things Scottie has said, as of late:

-"I was as great a player as Michael Jordan."

-"I may go as far to say Mike ruined basketball. In the 80s on the playgrounds, you’d have everyone moving the ball around — passing to help the team. That stopped in the 90s. Kids wanted to be ‘Like Mike.’ Well, Mike didn’t want to pass — didn’t want to rebound, or defend the best player. He wanted everything done for him. That’s why I always believed LeBron James was the greatest player this game has ever seen — he does everything and embodies what the game is truly about.”

-"I was a much better teammate that Michael ever was. Ask anyone who played with the two of us. I was always there with a pat on the back or an encouraging word, especially after he put someone down for one reason or another. I helped the others to believe in and stop doubting themselves."

-"Is it easier to play with a herniated disc or to play with the flu? I don’t see many bad back games, but I do see flu games.”

...I know that Scottie is going through a lot in his personal life. And he wants to sell some books and liquor. But I think he's proving the point that "The Last Dance" portrayed that he saw himself as greater than he actually was. The man is making some outrageous claims. He even claimed that Michael would get credits for in-game steals that he should have gotten credit for. That's how petty this is.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Things Scottie has said, as of late:

-"I was as great a player as Michael Jordan."

-"I may go as far to say Mike ruined basketball. In the 80s on the playgrounds, you’d have everyone moving the ball around — passing to help the team. That stopped in the 90s. Kids wanted to be ‘Like Mike.’ Well, Mike didn’t want to pass — didn’t want to rebound, or defend the best player. He wanted everything done for him. That’s why I always believed LeBron James was the greatest player this game has ever seen — he does everything and embodies what the game is truly about.”

-"I was a much better teammate that Michael ever was. Ask anyone who played with the two of us. I was always there with a pat on the back or an encouraging word, especially after he put someone down for one reason or another. I helped the others to believe in and stop doubting themselves."

-"Is it easier to play with a herniated disc or to play with the flu? I don’t see many bad back games, but I do see flu games.”

...I know that Scottie is going through a lot in his personal life. And he wants to sell some books and liquor. But I think he's proving the point that "The Last Dance" portrayed that he saw himself as greater than he actually was. The man is making some outrageous claims. He even claimed that Michael would get credits for in-game steals that he should have gotten credit for. That's how petty this is.
I think most of what's going on with Pip is the bold. I'm sure these a slice of ego involved in that as well.

Really he's just come off as a very muddy person since The Last Dance came out.

I mean, he himself, admitted in that very documentary that'd if he were to do it again, he'd still sit out at the end of G3 1994 playoffs vs the Knicks, so clearly he has no regrets of being a poor teammate that day.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Scottie probably makes some good points.

He was always more than a Robin to batman. He was the perfect antidote as well as the perfect compliment.

A bridge to greatness that let the rest of the team partake.

Jordan was in an other world and as out of touch at times as untouchable.

Defensively...I always felt it was the impact of two of them. Scottie was every bit as good as Jordan and Rodman Defensively. They both took away the floor and the sky. Rare. With Rodman and Harper they were invincible.

Golden State would have beat them maybe at their peak with Iguidola and Durant. But the Death Star is a percentages offense. It changed basketball away from the triangle finally.

At the end, 3 of the all-time three point shooters over powers having 3 all-time defenders.

I'd love to see that game. Jordan and pippen might actually just take Curry and Thompson out....but Durant matches Jordan's 45.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I think it is fair to say MJ had a negative impact on play style for a time there. The late 90s and early 2000s did have allot of ISO play. It has been corrected now and team oriented ball is back. The rest of his statement is ludicrous.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Whoever played with Jordan and succeeded would be a side kick lol

he got recognition he is a hofer

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Scottie probably makes some good points.

He was always more than a Robin to batman. He was the perfect antidote as well as the perfect compliment.

A bridge to greatness that let the rest of the team partake.

Jordan was in an other world and as out of touch at times as untouchable.

Defensively...I always felt it was the impact of two of them. Scottie was every bit as good as Jordan and Rodman Defensively. They both took away the floor and the sky. Rare. With Rodman and Harper they were invincible.

Golden State would have beat them maybe at their peak with Iguidola and Durant. But the Death Star is a percentages offense. It changed basketball away from the triangle finally.

At the end, 3 of the all-time three point shooters over powers having 3 all-time defenders.

I'd love to see that game. Jordan and pippen might actually just take Curry and Thompson out....but Durant matches Jordan's 45.

Batman and Robin
Good cop and Bad cop.
It just worked.
But if Pippen were that good,the Bulls would have won 8 in a row(the 2 years the Rockets won while Jordan was baseballing)
Pippen was a great player but man, he is airing some dirty laundry out.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Scottie pippen. One of the best small forward ever and still a robin.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess Rachel Nichols taught him how to be a catty beeaatchhh.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
How bad is Scottie hurting for money? He's already cemented his legacy so trying to tear down his teammates now just seems pointless. The only logic I can see in it is if he needs money. Then it makes sense. But you aren't helping your legacy any and you aren't hurting Michael's by saying this stuff now

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How bad is Scottie hurting for money? He's already cemented his legacy so trying to tear down his teammates now just seems pointless. The only logic I can see in it is if he needs money. Then it makes sense. But you aren't helping your legacy any and you aren't hurting Michael's by saying this stuff now
He did just recently get divorced so maybe he is not as set as we think

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Remember that one time Scottie, when you decided to sit out a crucial possession because Phil had the audacity to get the ball in a great shooter's hands for the last shot? Excellent teammate 101.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Remember that one time Scottie, when you decided to sit out a crucial possession because Phil had the audacity to get the ball in a great shooter's hands for the last shot? Excellent teammate 101.

He remembers and still feels slighted by the decision. Funny thing is if you watch the possession before that Scottie cranked up an ugly contested 3 that hit the top of the backboard and got a shot clock violation. He doesn't mention that.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's very strange how Scottie is so pissed at MJ... Literally every time MJ has ever been asked about his success, he always mentions how he couldn't have been so successful without Pippen. When asked about Pippen, MJ always says how important he was to those championships and that we would not have won 6 without him.

In general, Pippen was always given credit. He's been considered one of the best players of all-time by many for decades now.

I know people are saying that he's just salty over the documentary... but I think it started well before that. I had heard that Pippen was one of the only guys who didn't reach out to offer his condolences to MJ after his father was murdered. It doesn't take much to simply say, "sorry for your loss." The fact he didn't do that tells me that Scottie felt a certain type of way about MJ. IMO, I think it was jealousy. Either that, or maybe MJ went off on Scottie in practice or some shit, and because he seems like a sensitive dude, maybe he just never let it go.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's very strange how Scottie is so pissed at MJ... Literally every time MJ has ever been asked about his success, he always mentions how he couldn't have been so successful without Pippen. When asked about Pippen, MJ always says how important he was to those championships and that we would not have won 6 without him.

In general, Pippen was always given credit. He's been considered one of the best players of all-time by many for decades now.

I know people are saying that he's just salty over the documentary... but I think it started well before that. I had heard that Pippen was one of the only guys who didn't reach out to offer his condolences to MJ after his father was murdered. It doesn't take much to simply say, "sorry for your loss." The fact he didn't do that tells me that Scottie felt a certain type of way about MJ. IMO, I think it was jealousy. Either that, or maybe MJ went off on Scottie in practice or some shit, and because he seems like a sensitive dude, maybe he just never let it go.
I absolutely think it's jealousy. Pip has proven to have an extremely delicate ego.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Imagine if I told you after their last championship that Rodman would have a great perspective over what happened and Pippen would be spitting rambling nonsense?

This will sound weird, but I don't think Jordan was good for Scottie. Sure they had on court success, but Pip needed a best friend, not a business partner. If anything this is my largest criticism of MJ as a leader. He was all business. I think he'd have a lot of trouble working with today's players. Just imagine him trying to get on the same page with Kyrie Irving let alone win anything with him on the court.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Imagine if I told you after their last championship that Rodman would have a great perspective over what happened and Pippen would be spitting rambling nonsense?

This will sound weird, but I don't think Jordan was good for Scottie. Sure they had on court success, but Pip needed a best friend, not a business partner. If anything this is my largest criticism of MJ as a leader. He was all business. I think he'd have a lot of trouble working with today's players. Just imagine him trying to get on the same page with Kyrie Irving let alone win anything with him on the court.
Well Kyrie Irving can't even get on the court sooo....

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Well Kyrie Irving can't even get on the court sooo....
Exactly! I couldn't imagine Jordan dealing with the often injured, even more often stupid Irving trying to avoid being accountable then hog the ball from MJ when they are finally on the court together!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Exactly! I couldn't imagine Jordan dealing with the often injured, even more often stupid Irving trying to avoid being accountable then hog the ball from MJ when they are finally on the court together!
MJ would be in court over beating his ass