Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
A lot of mechanical issues with his feet and a lot of consistency issues with his throws.

He needs a physical technique and mental health reboot.
Sooooo, Cutler 2.0?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not trying to bash Trubisky but I strongly disagree with the scout who says he is less a project than Watson and Kizer. 13 starts says otherwise. One year wonder QB's are not NFL ready.

13 starts in a simple spread, possibly not 6'2, does literally nothing required of an NFL quarterback -- yeah he's top 3 material.
FFS this isn't Cardale Jones with a few starts followed by inconsistent play. Trubisky had exactly 1 game with more INT's than TD's and it was played on the outer bands of a hurricane. Other than that game he played 10 of 12 games with zero INT's. That is 4 INT's on 414 throws vs 30 TD's.

Watch the tape, he does everything right now that the other two have to learn with regard to reads, feet, and accuracy. If his Achilles Heal is playing in torrential rains and wind where the teams combined for 133 passing yards, call me crazy, but I give him a pass there and call it the outlier. If he is there at 3, I see no way Pace passes on him, as Garrett would be gone, and frankly, after him, no one is so superior as to eclipse QB value.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally believe that Watson & Trubisky will be solid QBs in the NFL. I'm not buying this BS about a weak QB class. After going back & watching, Watson, Trubisky, Kiszer & Mahomes play Im not sure why that is the belief. Espically after looking at the QB draft class in 2016. I'm with Greg Gabriel, I think actually this is one of the deeper QB drafts w legit talent. Will they be great? Can't answer that because there are many varibles that go into that. However both will be QBs that you can build around & at least be a playoff team. That's a lot more then I can say for the Bears current situation.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky reminds me a lot of our man Jimmy G.

Good feet, accurate to all levels, and enough athletic ability to break the pocket and make a play. Not a massive arm and needs to use good fundamentals to maximize arm.

It would not shock me if they are interested in one that they would be in the other.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Good feet, accurate to all levels, and enough athletic ability to break the pocket and make a play. Not a massive arm and needs to use good fundamentals to maximize arm.

It would not shock me if they are interested in one that they would be in the other.

I think Trubisky has a better arm than you're giving him credit for. He has a pretty good arm right now and his footwork could use some work, so I think it could be even better. But overall I agree. I like Watson, but I see the Bears being more in on Trubisky at 3 because he seems to fit what I think Pace and Loggains like. I think the interest in Garoppolo is because Trubisky could very well be gone by 3, leaving them stuck without their guy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What makes them think Kizer is 2 years away? He ran the closest to a pro offense.

Kizer ran a spread, but it was a full field read spread. He was asked to do a lot as QB.

AussieBear

or romo??

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Where do you get this from? This is about as truthful as when they said Aaron Rogers arm was not strong enough.

In the video below watch at:
2:00 Effortless flick 50 yards in air on a dime.
2:12 back to back throws of 40 yards with velocity.
2:25 40 yards scrambling off his back foot.
2:45 50 air yards on a dime.
3:05 58 air yards caught in stride.
4:35 55 air yards
[video=youtube;F1gDmgx5O7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gDmgx5O7M[/video]

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Where do you get this from? This is about as truthful as when they said Aaron Rogers arm was not strong enough.

In the video below watch at:
2:00 Effortless flick 50 yards in air on a dime.
2:12 back to back throws of 40 yards with velocity.
2:25 40 yards scrambling off his back foot.
2:45 50 air yards on a dime.
3:05 58 air yards caught in stride.
4:35 55 air yards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gDmgx5O7M

Well, technically it's true. He doesn't have a massive arm in terms of generational arm strength like Cutler or Stafford or Elway. And he does need good fundamentals to maximize his arm, as every QB does. But yeah, there's literally nothing wrong with his arm strength.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jamarcus Russell was 6'6" and could throw 70 yards from his knees. Plus he could be had for an eightball of coke, some codeine couch syrup and a two liter of Mountain Dew plus the Bears keep their draft picks.

#secondchances.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Jimmy is a good comparison to Mitch as far as the accuracy and quick release and solid mechanics.. But Mitch has way better pocket awareness and mobility. Both of them have good arm strength they can make every NFL throw.

Trubisky is defiantly my first choice.

Trubisky #3
Jimmy G trade for a 2nd
Kizer trade down in the top 10
Mahomes trade back into the first
Kaaya/Peterman/Watson/Webb on day 3 -- these guys are all projects, you would need a loaded team to have success with them

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Jimmy is a good comparison to Mitch as far as the accuracy and quick release and solid mechanics.. But Mitch has way better pocket awareness and mobility. Both of them have good arm strength they can make every NFL throw.

Trubisky is defiantly my first choice.

Trubisky #3
Jimmy G trade for a 2nd
Kizer trade down in the top 10
Mahomes trade back into the first
Kaaya/Peterman/Watson/Webb on day 3 -- these guys are all projects, you would need a loaded team to have success with them

How is Kaaya a "project" when he's the most NFL ready of all these QB's? He has also shown the ability to learn quickly. He learned a pro offense and to takes snaps from under center in one college offseason.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd prefer a QB that develops and relies on sound feet and mechanics over a QB that relies on an elite arm and never bothers with fundamentals. And I will take elite accuracy over a cannon any day.

Last edited:

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Kinda a moot point to worry about right now. 78% chance (IMO) that we trade for JG. So we won't be drafting a QB before the round 3 or 4.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
im by no means anything close to an expert when it comes to scouting players, but a number of people are flat out talking out of their asses. trubisky has far more pure talent than bridgewater or dalton. he has better mechanics and better accuracy. 13 starts are a non issue, either you have the talent or you dont. its not like he only played one or two games, a whole seasons worth of play is more than enough to evaluate a player. 2-3 seasons at the collegiate level isnt going to help you gauge any better whether or not a QB will make it at the next level.

and the most ridiculous thing being thrown around is the belief that he hasnt been asked to do anything required by nfl QBs, that he runs a simple spread O with no pocket awareness. thats such utter bs, its like you didnt even watch a single snap of his. he was regularly asked to read the entire field, consistently looked off defenders, and he has the best pocket awareness in the draft and is excellent at sensing pressure and working the pocket.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
FFS this isn't Cardale Jones with a few starts followed by inconsistent play. Trubisky had exactly 1 game with more INT's than TD's and it was played on the outer bands of a hurricane. Other than that game he played 10 of 12 games with zero INT's. That is 4 INT's on 414 throws vs 30 TD's.

Watch the tape, he does everything right now that the other two have to learn with regard to reads, feet, and accuracy. If his Achilles Heal is playing in torrential rains and wind where the teams combined for 133 passing yards, call me crazy, but I give him a pass there and call it the outlier. If he is there at 3, I see no way Pace passes on him, as Garrett would be gone, and frankly, after him, no one is so superior as to eclipse QB value.

Ints are not the only measure of a QB. Against Georgia for example Trubisky had 0 Ints. He also threw for only 156 yards and pretty much did nothing in the 3rd and 4th Quarter to help his team win.

Against NC State, again 0 Ints but he did very little for 3.5 quarters and the Heels were down 28-7.

He still is a top QB prospect and I have no problem taking him at 3 but he's had a couple of lackluster games even if he didn't throw a pick.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has a better arm than Daton and Bridgewater that is not even a debate.

Trubisky does not have a huge arm. When he throws off his back foot or doesn't step into his throws, like many QBs, he loses power and accuracy. Cutler, Stafford, Newton, it doesn't matter about their feet or the mechanics they can power the ball to all spots.

There are no throws he can't make, but you really want him throwing in rhythem to maximize what he can do.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
im by no means anything close to an expert when it comes to scouting players, but a number of people are flat out talking out of their asses. trubisky has far more pure talent than bridgewater or dalton. he has better mechanics and better accuracy. 13 starts are a non issue, either you have the talent or you dont. its not like he only played one or two games, a whole seasons worth of play is more than enough to evaluate a player. 2-3 seasons at the collegiate level isnt going to help you gauge any better whether or not a QB will make it at the next level.

and the most ridiculous thing being thrown around is the belief that he hasnt been asked to do anything required by nfl QBs, that he runs a simple spread O with no pocket awareness. thats such utter bs, its like you didnt even watch a single snap of his. he was regularly asked to read the entire field, consistently looked off defenders, and he has the best pocket awareness in the draft and is excellent at sensing pressure and working the pocket.

Just 13 starts is a problem because it's obviously the reason why there is some doubt about Trubisky. If he had 2 years putting up the numbers he did then he'd probably be the cosensus No 1 pick in the draft.

One area that we can't really judge Trubisky on is how does he adjust when he has a target on his back and when teams have a ton of game film to study and try and exploit his weaknesses.

Guys with 2 or 3 years starting have an opportunity to show how they adjust to teams trying to take away their strengths and exploit their weaknesses. Trubisky really had none of that early on as he was a bit of an unknown and he didn't look as sharp the last few games of the season when arguably a team like Stanford could game plan against him better because they had 12 games if film on him.