hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I think he's done. I hate saying it; I've never been one of those heavy Seabrook haters, but I can't see him coming back at this point. Hip injuries are no joke and at his age, I just can't see a return.
That makes the 2 of us. I feel at this point management is trying to figure out how to honour him with his salary that was given to him and at the same time let him walk away being a proud 3 times Stanley Cup Champ, all while no hurting the cap the Hawks would be dinged with in relation to a retirement.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Looking back at this thread, what happened to TCD and DMelt?
TCD lost in some canadian jail probably. DMelt I think started writing for another site and got busy. Think he popped back every blue moon.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Seabs is a 6'3" 220lb professional athlete and is in better shape than the couch commandos wathchin on tv could ever dream of being in.......ever.
Lose thirty five pounds? Only in Chicago is any D-man over 180lbs fat.....LOFL!

That's nice and all but as someone with back problems I can tell you it doesn't matter how good of shape he's in if he can't get off the couch.

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Love seabs but for some reason he looked a step slow last night. I think all the minutes may be wearing on him. I don't know he didn't do anything horrible just looked like he was getting beat to loose pucks more than usual.
Nice comment on the minutes. Applies to all members of that great class. They've logged a ton of minutes when u consider playoffs. Kane and Keith are legit iron men.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TCD lost in some canadian jail probably. DMelt I think started writing for another site and got busy. Think he popped back every blue moon.

Ah yes, I forgot DMelt got a writing gig and can't post much (or at all).
TCD just seemed to fall off the face of the earth.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seabs is a 6'3" 220lb professional athlete and is in better shape than the couch commandos wathchin on tv could ever dream of being in.......ever.
Lose thirty five pounds? Only in Chicago is any D-man over 180lbs fat.....LOFL!

I thought he was like 6'5" 265 typically, big buff status

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's nice and all but as someone with back problems I can tell you it doesn't matter how good of shape he's in if he can't get off the couch.
I didn't realize the 'tweak' was so severe he couldn't get off the couch,he was at practice last week......no couch in sight.

The workout video was from a few years ago so I know it has nothing to do with his current health,just a retort to those calling a finely conditioned athlete fat.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought he was like 6'5" 265 typically, big buff status
If you go to the Hawks site,it shows the height and weight of every player,Seabs once played at 230lbs but has trimmed down to 220lbs as he aged.
FEW players every achieved 'Big Buff' status.......that's a once in a lifetime player....

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize the 'tweak' was so severe he couldn't get off the couch,he was at practice last week......no couch in sight.

The workout video was from a few years ago so I know it has nothing to do with his current health,just a retort to those calling a finely conditioned athlete fat.
And the couch was a figurative comment in relation to your response. Being at practice, and even skating is not an indication of health though. He was a finely tuned athlete. He has to be in order to achieve all that he has, at the level he has. But the fact remains he hasn't played in over a year and had some major surgery in that time. It's not just his back, it's his body, and I don't know what "tweak" you're referring too, but when you're trying to bring yourself back to the ultimate level of competition, 'tweaks' very well can be a big deal. Even before he went that last year, his on ice time was the lowest of his career last year and the year before. It was clear before last season that he was already taking the toll of the wear and tear not only related to the amount of ice time, but the amount of physicality he was relied upon. In a few weeks we could find out that he's is done and will never be able to reach the level of health required for him to play again, and he could still be considered in better shape than anyone on this board, that doesn't make him fat, but that doesn't change the fact that a 'tweak' isn't a big deal.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now here's a thread I wasn't expecting to see myself replied to lol

Bummer Seabrook is breaking down like this, but he's what, 35 now? Sadly, I'm not surprised

Hopefully he can still be productive as he finishes out his career. Great memories of him in the cup runs, will always be one of my favorites

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at whatever they list him at, while he skates around like a balloon with his double chin and baby cheeks sluggishly playing bumper cars like a loon in the yard overcautious with their tender fat body.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And the couch was a figurative comment in relation to your response. Being at practice, and even skating is not an indication of health though. He was a finely tuned athlete. He has to be in order to achieve all that he has, at the level he has. But the fact remains he hasn't played in over a year and had some major surgery in that time. It's not just his back, it's his body, and I don't know what "tweak" you're referring too, but when you're trying to bring yourself back to the ultimate level of competition, 'tweaks' very well can be a big deal. Even before he went that last year, his on ice time was the lowest of his career last year and the year before. It was clear before last season that he was already taking the toll of the wear and tear not only related to the amount of ice time, but the amount of physicality he was relied upon. In a few weeks we could find out that he's is done and will never be able to reach the level of health required for him to play again, and he could still be considered in better shape than anyone on this board, that doesn't make him fat, but that doesn't change the fact that a 'tweak' isn't a big deal.
I know how many games he's played,I was at his 1,000th but your point is well taken. I just saw a guy who said he felt like a new man five months ago when he opted out on his own saying "he was close but not all the way there" who had those five months to recover and condition himself like he couldn't the past few years due to the issues he had addressed. His numbers had gone down but he hadn't missed any time to injuries in years before his procedures.
You don't see any coincidence with Seabs and Smith both tweaking their backs on the first day back?
Maybe he is done but I doubt he walks away from the millions yet due him and he still isn't on LTIR.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL at whatever they list him at, while he skates around like a balloon with his double chin and baby cheeks sluggishly playing bumper cars like a loon in the yard overcautious with their tender fat body.
For a guy who makes some good posts,this is trolling......unless you actually feel a well conditioned athlete has double chins and a tender fat body. TF's wrong with you?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For a guy who makes some good posts,this is trolling......unless you actually feel a well conditioned athlete has double chins and a tender fat body. TF's wrong with you?
Seabrooke is the man.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't Tony Amonte say, " It must be the body. It's chiseled out of marshmallows."?