Sean Payton has coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
a 34 year old just died from this, I have been following this on twitter since mid January, at the point I was wearing a rubber glove to pump gas and touch debit pads and door handles people were still packing disney, he went to disney and is not dead. The spring break millenials won't stay TF home, except now they're starting to get really sick too, a couple 50 year olds just died in NJ, I wouldn't exactly call them boomers
That 34 year old also had asthma, previously had testicular cancer, and chronic bronchitis.
Doesn’t make this virus any less serious though.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
If only this message board had a 'champion of the people' to go out, be courageous, get careless about COVID-19 and get infected.

You know, go full Rudy Gobert and teach the wusses of the world how to be tough.

Ommy, maybe you should break your society imposed 20 year quarantine and be our champion? I honestly think you could be our Rudy Gobert!

Well, I have been flying my ass off for the last 4 weeks. Trying to save up before the furlough comes. I just might be your huckleberry!! Stay tuned....

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Different cultures will abide by a lockdown differently. It's like comparing trying to keep an alaskian husky in a studio apartment vs a terrier.
Agreed, but that's also why not all quarantines measures can be tough of as 'equal'.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Well, I have been flying my ass off for the last 4 weeks. Trying to save up before the furlough comes. I just might be your huckleberry!! Stay tuned....
Cool.

The US the new infected number is for Thursday, March 19th is just over 4,500.

Last edited:

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
My wife works at Mercy, and they ran out of nebulizers a day or two ago. It's a fact that millions will be infected. There is nothing stopping that now. They want to "flatten the curve" to buy time for the healthcare system to be able to process and care for patients at a slow drip instead of an avalanche. What you are seeing in Italy is a result of the healthcare system being overextended thus people that would normally recover are dying unfortunately. Heck, their crematoriums can't even process the number of bodies piling up.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pandemic is the numerical spread not the severity of the illness, this was brought to Europe by chinese students before they thought, do you honestly think China told us the truth, no, we have had 6 deaths of old people in my tiny parish (220 households) this winter before they announced this, way way above average.
The problem is the Western countries have got very good at keeping people alive longer, thus increasing the numbers of those at risk, the virus hasn't got a hard protein case on it so can't survive long outside the body, unlike some of the truly hideous illnesses, however this lack of hard case means it can breed like hell in a humans respiratory tract.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
They said today vaccine probably 12 months out and that is very fast pace for approval of any new medicine. Hydroxychloroquine has apparently shown positive results on the virus. If we can get a medicine that can treat it, that might limit it to 4 months, otherwise we are likely looking at an 12-18 month run where this is having a huge impact.

That 12-18 month timeline is based on a deeply flawed study by Imperial College of London. The talking heads have of course used it to stoke panic. The vaccine will actually take 18 months before it's used widely, but there are classes of available drugs that work against this virus now. Common sense, shelter in place, and social distancing will starve the virus in the US in a matter of a few weeks.

Here's the rebuttal to that study by US scientists:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That 12-18 month timeline is based on a deeply flawed study by Imperial College of London. The talking heads have of course used it to stoke panic. The vaccine will actually take 18 months before it's used widely, but there are classes of available drugs that work against this virus now. Common sense, shelter in place, and social distancing will starve the virus in the US in a matter of a few weeks.

Here's the rebuttal to that study by US scientists:

Moderna already has a vaccine that is being tested for safety right now.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=moderna+vaccine+coronavirus

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
A vaccine won’t be very effective against this type of virus. Just look at the flu vaccine. Almost pointless to get one each year.

Best strategy is anti-virals to help the body develop antibodies without completely decimating the immune system.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I can't tell if this whole thing is being over sold or under sold.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
A vaccine won’t be very effective against this type of virus. Just look at the flu vaccine. Almost pointless to get one each year.

Best strategy is anti-virals to help the body develop antibodies without completely decimating the immune system.

It is because they use the anti-bodies from the previous year's strain....a vaccine for corona would be the current strain.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
Being a few weeks behind Europe in terms of the spread in the country gives us an opportunity to be proactive instead of reactive. Capitalism has decided we won't be taking advantage of that opportunity.
But the govt knows better? Ok Special person. What a joke comment

Status
Not open for further replies.