Sean Payton has coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Projections in the UK with no social distancing were in the hundreds of thousands. That’s with a population about 1/6th of the US

Being a few weeks behind Europe in terms of the spread in the country gives us an opportunity to be proactive instead of reactive. Capitalism has decided we won't be taking advantage of that opportunity.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Being a few weeks behind Europe in terms of the spread in the country gives us an opportunity to be proactive instead of reactive. Capitalism has decided we won't be taking advantage of that opportunity.
Which is exactly what’s happened here! Warned against congregating but no closure of pubs and restaurants, relying on people to use common sense which will work about as well as in the US

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I work in healthcare and they are saying, no new cases in Wuhan China today, it took 3 months for it to cycle through and people are going back to work there. Now think about a typical street before the virus in Wuhan China and one in the US where everyone is at home online. I think because of fear, we have at least 4 months of this, and Corona is a cold virus, so it should dissipate in the warm weather. Crowds will be limited at training camp, but I believe the season will start as normal...They also started clinical trials on 45 patients in Seattle for a possible vaccine, with the test being more of a "how much can we handle" type of thing. Results in 6 weeks, so we could see something even quicker. Let's all stay positive

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Which is exactly what’s happened here! Warned against congregating but no closure of pubs and restaurants, relying on people to use common sense which will work about as well as in the US

Well the Tories are in power, so ...

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well the Tories are in power, so ...
With a huge majority and mandate. Even with a lockdown we’d need the army on the streets to stop the selfish pricks doing what suits them. The hoarding and empty supermarket shelves prove that.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think that scene at the Florida beaches are the exception in the last week or so. Most people are practicing social distancing. Granted, I have only been out a couple of times to get things but people are going out of their way not to get close to others. A lot of people in our subdivision are at home and go out for walks by themselves.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think that is a great idea, but building a hospital, getting the needed equipment and staffing it with professionals is not something you can do overnight.

It will be the American people through their tax dollars that not only pay of the build/equipment, but the long term cost of single use items (needles, gloves, etc...) and the employees working there. What you are proposing is more government, which the country is often split on.

Hell this $1 Trillion 'bail out' that the President is offering will eventually be paid by.... the American people. I'm not saying we let the economy fall and that stability is needed, but rather the economic impact of COVID-19 will be felt by Americans for the 10+ years that follow.
Dude, my font should have been green...
my font should be green by default.
sorry to waste your brain cells

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
With a huge majority and mandate. Even with a lockdown we’d need the army on the streets to stop the selfish pricks doing what suits them. The hoarding and empty supermarket shelves prove that.

the army has zero authority on US soil.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Letme guess
doing fine?
showing no symptoms?
pray for him and wash your hands?

Not really hip on celebs posting they have it. They put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us besides omelet.

There's a 5 yr. old girl in MD that has it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a 34 year old just died from this, I have been following this on twitter since mid January, at the point I was wearing a rubber glove to pump gas and touch debit pads and door handles people were still packing disney, he went to disney and is not dead. The spring break millenials won't stay TF home, except now they're starting to get really sick too, a couple 50 year olds just died in NJ, I wouldn't exactly call them boomers

you are following this on twitter? what?

Here you go:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I work in healthcare and they are saying, no new cases in Wuhan China today, it took 3 months for it to cycle through and people are going back to work there. Now think about a typical street before the virus in Wuhan China and one in the US where everyone is at home online. I think because of fear, we have at least 4 months of this, and Corona is a cold virus, so it should dissipate in the warm weather. Crowds will be limited at training camp, but I believe the season will start as normal...They also started clinical trials on 45 patients in Seattle for a possible vaccine, with the test being more of a "how much can we handle" type of thing. Results in 6 weeks, so we could see something even quicker. Let's all stay positive
They said today vaccine probably 12 months out and that is very fast pace for approval of any new medicine. Hydroxychloroquine has apparently shown positive results on the virus. If we can get a medicine that can treat it, that might limit it to 4 months, otherwise we are likely looking at an 12-18 month run where this is having a huge impact.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Letme guess
doing fine?
showing no symptoms?
pray for him and wash your hands?

Not really hip on celebs posting they have it. They put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us besides omelet.

There's a 5 yr. old girl in MD that has it.

could help spread awareness that this is real tho

and sports fan community isn't necessarily know for their intellectual capacity.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Just hoping that warm weather get here fast.

Some japanese company made a drug that's curing a lot of the symptoms. Also read that malaria drugs are doing good as well.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
could help spread awareness that this is real tho

and sports fan community isn't necessarily know for their intellectual capacity.
touche

Status
Not open for further replies.