Seattle wants Sean Desai

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still not sold either way on Desai. I would feel a bit bad if he was fired, but ultimately would want the Head Coach to make that call and let them have the DC they want.

With that being said, if we aren't in a position to commit to Desai right now, I don't think it would be right to block the interview.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Maybe they are planning on hiring him as DC making the Bears ineligible for comp picks, then they are going to fire Pete Carrol and elevate him to his rightful position of HC.

Plus I hear the vegan chicken parm at the Seahawks practice facility is to die for.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Why would the Bears grant permission for an interview to a parallel position?
Probably because they don't know if the new HC is going to want him as the DC. So no harm in letting him interview. They can always block the hiring if the new HC wants him..

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why would the Bears grant permission for an interview to a parallel position?

Because the new HC will likely want to bring in their own guy, and the Bears don't want to look like assholes denying a guy getting a job elsewhere when its a low probability that he's coming back?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Because the new HC will likely want to bring in their own guy, and the Bears don't want to look like assholes denying a guy getting a job elsewhere when its a low probability that he's coming back?
Is it a low probability that he’s coming back?

None of us know what the new coach is and isn’t going to want to do with his coaching staff. There’s literally no upside to letting him interview, although I suppose there’s also no downside to just letting an interview happen.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would rather the new HC bring in someone with more experience as a DC. (Fangio, cough, Fangio, cough)
Not happening. He can take the year off and get paid HC salary from what I've heard. Desai is the closest we're getting.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Is it a low probability that he’s coming back?

None of us know what the new coach is and isn’t going to want to do with his coaching staff. There’s literally no upside to letting him interview, although I suppose there’s also no downside to just letting an interview happen.
I mean, unless you're a wacky organization like the bears, that's how it's usually done.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I’d love Fangio back….reconnect with Harbaugh and get things rolling.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
"I’d love Fangio back….reconnect with Harbaugh and get things rolling."

Why would Fangio want to comeback to Chicago for? He will take a year off and have a ton of offers the next season.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Not happening. He can take the year off and get paid HC salary from what I've heard. Desai is the closest we're getting.
It all depends on his contract. Some allow you to get money on top of what you are going to get paid and some allow the old team to get money back for every penny the other team pays.

Example:

A coach has a salary of 5 million in 2022 but gets fired.

In the first example, he can take a contract with the first year giving him 2 million and later years giving him 5 million. He makes 5+2 million in 2022 and 5 million the rest.

In the second example, he makes 5 million (3 from the old team and 2 from the new team) and then 5 million for the rest.

In the second example, a Fangio will usually decide to take a year off and take the full 5 million from the old team and then look for a DC job in 2023. Why work for free?