Self Medication

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Curious how many folks have found themselves enjoying a couple extra drinks or an extra edible or joint since this mess started. I have a hard and fast rule. I never ever under any circumstances imbibe in anything until 5PM. This includes weekends as well. Only time I break that rule is in social situations. That said I have been overdoing it a bit since I have been stuck in the house this past couple of weeks.

Anyone else?

We no longer have normal hours of operation and when working, I get home around 700ish. That said, we still have the rule that we don't ingest anything until the kids are put to bed and OUT. That said, I have been enjoying our back porch a little too much. Luckily, it doesn't take much and I'm a cheap date if ya catch my drift.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Even Indiana allows curbside sales at liquor stores. It is working out pretty well.
I wish Iowa had more liquor stores around doing that. All we have is gas stations and grocery stores. I'm trying to avoid both of those especially since I don't have a mask. I just ordered groceries online and first available pick up is Saturday. Try and order online from Target and you conveniently can't buy alcohol. This shit is getting old real quick.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I wish Iowa had more liquor stores around doing that. All we have is gas stations and grocery stores. I'm trying to avoid both of those especially since I don't have a mask. I just ordered groceries online and first available pick up is Saturday. Try and order online from Target and you conveniently can't buy alcohol. This shit is getting old real quick.

8 bucks for two kn95 masks.

Edit: if that deal goes away, I can find other ones. There were more to choose from, just varying amounts and prices. That was the best deal I saw for small amounts of masks.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Iowa still not allow liquor sales on Sunday?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Does Iowa still not allow liquor sales on Sunday?
That's Indiana. Way to many alcoholics here for that. We simply don't have liquor stores like other states. Don't get me wrong, there are some, but few and far between. Most people just buy their shit at a grocery store.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's Indiana. Way to many alcoholics here for that. We simply don't have liquor stores like other states. Don't get me wrong, there are some, but few and far between. Most people just buy their shit at a grocery store.
I do remember Indiana gas stations not being allowed to sell cold beer.

Imagine living in Hoosierville and running out of beer on a Sunday, better make sure you're stocked up on Saturday.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Imagine living in Hoosierville and running out of beer on a Sunday, better make sure you're stocked up on Saturday.

People did that for years in Indiana. And everyone stocked up on booze Saturday. I owned a grocery store with an alcohol license. Tourists would try to buy booze on Sunday and then freak. We would tell them they couldn’t buy booze from us on Sunday. Then, to further confuse them, we would tell them they could still buy it at a restaurant, race track or stadium. Or, go to a brewery. Or, even carry out from a winery. Indiana still regulates alcohol sales by temperature. You can only buy cold beer in a package liquor store and not from a drug, box or grocery store. It is a fucked up state.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Colorado is kind of the opposite. At least they were when I lived there. You could only get 3.2 beer at the grocery store and no liquor, so basically it was boating beer.

If you wanted full test beer, wine, or liquor you had to go to a liquor store. There were a lot of liquor stores everywhere.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
more..and running out often, weed, booze and that one devil. my job doesn't allow me to do this freely but i always tell them the last time i got fucked up, it's a 48 hours wait before i'm allowed to drive and i get tested. it's rough because theres' simply isnt anything to be entertain by right now.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If you have the desire to call it self medication, it might actually be defined as an addiction.
i can't sleep without the weed. not one single doctor can help me.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don’t drink before work outs, either. But the fucking gym is closed! Gonna have to start walking/running or something.
stairs..plenty of abandoned buildings somewhere.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Even Indiana allows curbside sales at liquor stores. It is working out pretty well.
in N.W.I now..all them here are walk ups and wait at the door.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
liquor stores do allow sells on sundays in Indiana. my local Liqgo was opened sunday.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

they do now..all circle k's have beer and cheap bullshit mix drink cans. other gas stations are starting to sell booze also.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
more..and running out often, weed, booze and that one devil. my job doesn't allow me to do this freely but i always tell them the last time i got fucked up, it's a 48 hours wait before i'm allowed to drive and i get tested. it's rough because theres' simply isnt anything to be entertain by right now.

i can't sleep without the weed. not one single doctor can help me.

stairs..plenty of abandoned buildings somewhere.

in N.W.I now..all them here are walk ups and wait at the door.

liquor stores do allow sells on sundays in Indiana. my local Liqgo was opened sunday.

they do now..all circle k's have beer and cheap bullshit mix drink cans. other gas stations are starting to sell booze also.

1lEb8mjn-exrIh_JsFsvxmw.jpeg