dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’ve said it and I’ll keep saying it, Reed’s one of the few potential #1’s I see in this draft.

Love this guy.
You said it before these senior bowl practices or since he's been showing out in these practices? I didn't know anything about him until these practices but i'm not going to start wanting to draft players just because they look good in practice for the senior bowl which it seems many are doing.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He is 5 foot 8 inches tall and he weighs 163 lbs.

Here's 3 reputable sites that state he is 5'10"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He was measured at the Senior Bowl dude. He is 5-8. That is part of the point of the SB and Combine. To get accurate measurements on guys.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You said it before these senior bowl practices or since he's been showing out in these practices? I didn't know anything about him until these practices but i'm not going to start wanting to draft players just because they look good in practice for the senior bowl which it seems many are doing.
I said it BEFORE the Senior Bowl practices to you.

I’ve been high on Jayden Reed for a while.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He was measured at the Senior Bowl dude. He is 5-8. That is part of the point of the SB and Combine. To get accurate measurements on guys.

Someone's tape broke then. He is 6'6" according to dabearsblog.com

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Regardless of how good a WR is at routes and catching, Getsy's O wants them to block so a certain amount of mass is required. You'd have to be super extra special at that size to be considered by the Bear.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Athletic on Darnell Wright (RT) from UT:

Wright has been one of the best offensive linemen this week. He and American squad teammates O’Cyrus Torrence(Florida) and Matthew Bergeron(Syracuse) all have had very nice moments. Wright was able to catch the country’s eye this fall with a terrific showing vs. Alabama’s Will Anderson Jr., and he has only gotten better since. The arrow is pointed firmly up on the Tennessee big man.

@knoxville7

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

Wright has been one of the best offensive linemen this week. He and American squad teammates O’Cyrus Torrence(Florida) and Matthew Bergeron(Syracuse) all have had very nice moments. Wright was able to catch the country’s eye this fall with a terrific showing vs. Alabama’s Will Anderson Jr., and he has only gotten better since. The arrow is pointed firmly up on the Tennessee big man.

@knoxville7
Lets get a Tackle, Guard, and Center in this draft. There are enough good prospects that Poles really can give the team a big push forward with this kind of investment.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lets get a Tackle, Guard, and Center in this draft. There are enough good prospects that Poles really can give the team a big push forward with this kind of investment.
I like it but one position we need to fit into this draft is drafting a DE/Edge with one of the picks in the 2nd round, 3rd at the latest, IMO, just because there isn't much in free agency at all for that position but a bunch of old guys or guys with injury histories after Yannick.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

@knoxville7
The issue with him is that he’s not fast enough to pull and lead. He isn’t a fit for what the Bears run.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Too light for 3T, IMO but pretty much perfect for DE in Flus’ scheme
6'5 (little under), 280lbs, 10 5/8" hands, 33 5/8" arm length

Colts 2021 draft pick, Dayo Odeyingbo (Eberflus last year in Indy)

6'5 (little over), 276lbs, 10 1/3" hands, 35 1/4" arm length

They are very similar players. Odeyingbo did nothing as a rookie (under Flus), but then started to figure it out down the stretch this year. He's played on the edge, inside, pretty much all over.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
WR Reed from Michigan State continues to impress with his releases.
Reed played locally (pop warner and Highschool) at Metea valley in Chicago. Fun fact: he played with Payton Thorne all throughout middle and highschool and then landed at Michigan St together. They're best friends.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about him coming out. He had a down year with a shitty QB situation but last season he was a monster and first team all American as an all purpose player. 1000+ yards and 10 TDs as wr and 21.6 yard average and two 2tds as a punt returner.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The issue with him is that he’s not fast enough to pull and lead. He isn’t a fit for what the Bears run.
While this is true, I do wonder if he could easily drop 15 pounds and operate the run scheme at least sufficiently.

His pass blocking is what id love to see the bears add because currently they don’t pass block for dick

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I’m 6’2 and 220…I’m the prototypical height and size for the position!!

I just lack speed, burst, and route running!

I would of mentioned age as a downside to my draft bio too, but since VJJ got drafted in the 3rd round and he’s like 50 so I think I’m OKAY there being in my late 30’s

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Too light for 3T, IMO but pretty much perfect for DE in Flus’ scheme

Wouldn't say perfect as probably prefers someone lighter and faster but could work as someone that plays LE and then moves to 3T on passing downs.