Senior Bowl - practice news

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs loves traveling to the Senior Bowl, much like when a short American goes to Japan and has a sense of being tall, Brad feels almost skinny in Alabama.
So true. I loved my trips to Japan. I’m 5’9” and I felt like a pro basketball player over there.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Dawand Jones is probably the best OSU T coming out. He or Darnell Wright would be great additions at RT. I worry bears won't be interested as they target smaller more agile OL though. If they can get an early 2nd, that feels like the range both of these guys go in.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dawand Jones is probably the best OSU T coming out. He or Darnell Wright would be great additions at RT. I worry bears won't be interested as they target smaller more agile OL though. If they can get an early 2nd, that feels like the range both of these guys go in.
Jones may move to round 1 by the draft. Rare OLman that's not a LT and worth it.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Pretty much every Iowa State game I've ever watched, Hutchinson gave the other team a fit. He's an interesting one for the Bears, especially if after the first two rounds they haven't taken a WR.

Also, this Jayden Reed guy looks like a player I want. The Bears need that type of route running.
Yeah man, these two and Marvin Mims are the guys I feel we can hit it out of the ballpark with. I really like them.

The other guy I’m now very high on is Benton out of Wisconsin. He was already the best run stopping DT in the draft, but now he’s showing he can pass rush! I think his limited pass rush came more from the Wisconsin scheme. Getting Benton in the 2nd would be a coup.

My dudes from the Senior Bowl:
— Benton, DT
— Hutchinson and Reed WR
— White, DT
— the OL from Syracuse is my top OL followed by Mauch for our scheme.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What’s cool for the Bears is there are guys flashing at positions of serious need.

Schmitz the Center from Minnesota was drawing raves from NFL radio about his ability and attitude. This guy loves football. He will kill his interviews and he’s an excellent football player.

Jones (RT) OSU looked fantastic yesterday and stoned everyone that lined up against him.
He moves incredibly well for being one of the largest humans playing the game. I want this guy on the Bears.

Mauch (G) from SDST was another guy opening eyes with his play and attitude.

Dell (WR) Houston and Reed (WR) MSU were putting on a route running clinic. Wicks (WR) Virginia displayed burst and athleticism. He had serious production at UVA but definitely had an issue with concentration drops.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What’s cool for the Bears is there are guys flashing at positions of serious need.

Schmitz the Center from Minnesota was drawing raves from NFL radio about his ability and attitude. This guy loves football. He will kill his interviews and he’s an excellent football player.

Jones (RT) OSU looked fantastic yesterday and stoned everyone that lined up against him.
He moves incredibly well for being one of the largest humans playing the game. I want this guy on the Bears.

Dell (WR) Houston and Reed (WR) MSU were putting on a route running clinic. Wicks (WR) Virginia displayed burst and athleticism. He had serious production at UVA but definitely had an issue with concentration drops.
Schmitz is from Homewood Flossmoor, big Sox fan.

Agree on Jones, think he will go mid first.

Dell is just so small, I mentioned last week that he's one of the most fun guys to watch film on, but he weighs 163. There just is no real precedent for a guy that size having success and health in the last 20 years.

Keeanu Benton was really impressive yesterday too.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

Jones shouldn't have that much bend, right? Wrong, he is absolutely more than a chunk of stone to be moved around. He has some punch.

I want this team to grab OL in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds. There is too much talent to not walk away with guys you've already seen go to work with the goal to one day start.

Getsy should be very confident in a few OL talents and I for one am ecstatic

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Schmitz is from Homewood Flossmoor, big Sox fan.

Agree on Jones, think he will go mid first.

Dell is just so small, I mentioned last week that he's one of the most fun guys to watch film on, but he weighs 163. There just is no real precedent for a guy that size having success and health in the last 20 years.

Keeanu Benton was really impressive yesterday too.
Good call on Benton. He flashed yesterday too.
He definitely falls into the need category for the Bears as well.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Jones shouldn't have that much bend, right? Wrong, he is absolutely more than a chunk of stone to be moved around. He has some punch.

I want this team to grab OL in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds. There is too much talent to not walk away with guys you've already seen go to work with the goal to one day start.

Getsy should be very confident in a few OL talents and I for one am ecstatic
Imagine how intimidating Jenkins and Jones could be on the right side especially if they get a real center so Jenkins doesn’t have to clean up for Mustipher.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Imagine how intimidating Jenkins and Jones could be on the right side especially if they get a real center so Jenkins doesn’t have to clean up for Mustipher.
I can't wait for Fields to only need to take two steps to the right to avoid pressure instead of run all over the backfield.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would be surprised if Bears target Jones. Doesnt really fit an outside zone scheme and would be concerned if he can maintain an appropriate weight.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I would be surprised if Bears target Jones. Doesnt really fit an outside zone scheme and would be concerned if he can maintain an appropriate weight.
Hes certainly a mountain of a man. I think he's going to be a significantly better Orlando Brown Jr. But yeah unfortunately he really doesn't fit the scheme. I think he's going to be incredible in pass protection which bears could use.