Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Still plugging for him every post, must be your grandkid.

I'm a believer. I don't care how tall he is. He went over 1300 yds back to back seasons and had 17 and 12 TDs. Mighty Mouse can score. Yall will see. I left plenty of evidence around here for my future #called its.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's great to hear about DL and tackle prospects showing up in front of our scouts.

This team needs an edge. A couple of absolute animals in the trenches would be great for that.
prefect timing too, you know this had to trigger some serious draft talk about the Oline between Poles, Ian and Wink early as possible.

Jesus Christ. Dude looks like he should retire. Old as fuck looking.
I agree his looks robs him, so did Noah's. But Mauch's little interview is oozing high character and he'll be an instant favorite in chi-town. I find him awesome AF already.

Jones-FA-FA-Jenkins-Jones
add Cody Mauch @center, he is twitchy as hell, he might need to calm that down a bit, tho.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You DO know that the Bears got multiple tackles, guards and a center in the 2022 draft, don't you?

I do agree with you that it would be a big push forwards, but most offensive linemen coming in are still going to probably need a whole offseason after the 2023 season to get up to speed. Hopefully, the 2022 offensive linemen have a significant jump in preparedness to make the big push even bigger.
The bulk of linemen poles drafted last year were known to need an off-season of work just to compete; a second round right tackle comes in with expectations that exceed a fifth round tackle, for example. Just because they aren't up to speed from the start doesn't mean they won't be competitive starting this august. Hell, any warm body should be able to beat mustipher.

Get me a top 100 prospect at tackle, guard, and center each and this team will have expectations of completing a five step drop.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The bulk of linemen poles drafted last year were known to need an off-season of work just to compete; a second round right tackle comes in with expectations that exceed a fifth round tackle, for example. Just because they aren't up to speed from the start doesn't mean they won't be competitive starting this august. Hell, any warm body should be able to beat mustipher.

Get me a top 100 prospect at tackle, guard, and center each and this team will have expectations of completing a five step drop.
As you can see from my post, I agree with you. They will probably make an improvement to the team their first year, but will make a bigger impact in their second year also. I am hoping that some of the 2nd year O linemen in 2023 will have a dramatic improvement in 2023, making the team that much better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Robert Schmitz of Windy City Gridiron provided stats for WRs under 5'10 and 165 lbs drafted since 2000. WRs in that category have produced a total of 19 catches, 304 yards, and 1 touchdown. That's all WRs at that size combined for 2 decades of play.

The whole podcast is worth a listen but the Tank Dell conversation starts at ~ 7:15 min.

That and I don't think anyone has mentioned catch radius. QB ball placement needs to be that much better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As you can see from my post, I agree with you. They will probably make an improvement to the team their first year, but will make a bigger impact in their second year also. I am hoping that some of the 2nd year O linemen in 2023 will have a dramatic improvement in 2023, making the team that much better.
I would have liked to be able to keep Zach Thomas. Rams grabbed him off our PS. I wonder if Poles tried to hold onto him. With the Rams, he's a 100 mi from home and he signed through 2023 so he gone.