Senior Bowl - practice news

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Having read through this thread and looked at the videos, I can't see what the hype is all about for slingblade (Cody Mauch).

The guy who said he was up and down is right, and for a guy playing the interior, while he is aggressive, he's just not stout at the line of attack and seems to be surrendering ground almost immediately to get himself into position - it almost feels like Braxston Jones and his issues with the bull rush.

I went through intentionally wanting to look specifically at WRs and OL, and the ones that stood out to me were the center, Schmitz, Dawand Jones, and to a degree Oluwatimi, and then for receivers, Andrei Iosivas, Wicks, and Reed.

Honestly, I now want the Bears to trade down with Houston, pick up Paris Johnston with the first pick in the first round and Dawand Jones with the second pick, pick up Schmitz first thing in the second round, and then one of these receivers that are left that I mentioned and call it a day with new bookend tackles for the next 12 years.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Having read through this thread and looked at the videos, I can't see what the hype is all about for slingblade (Cody Mauch).

The guy who said he was up and down is right, and for a guy playing the interior, while he is aggressive, he's just not stout at the line of attack and seems to be surrendering ground almost immediately to get himself into position - it almost feels like Braxston Jones and his issues with the bull rush.

I went through intentionally wanting to look specifically at WRs and OL, and the ones that stood out to me were the center, Schmitz, Dawand Jones, and to a degree Oluwatimi, and then for receivers, Andrei Iosivas, Wicks, and Reed.

Honestly, I now want the Bears to trade down with Houston, pick up Paris Johnston with the first pick in the first round and Dawand Jones with the second pick, pick up Schmitz first thing in the second round, and then one of these receivers that are left that I mentioned and call it a day with new bookend tackles for the next 12 years.
It's nice to know you were able to get all this out of a few 10 second video clips as opposed to watching every rep each guy has taken. Also your thoughts on OL are worthless. Stick to fast food reviews because your football thoughts are useless

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Just fyi in pass blocking the OL surrender ground immediately on every play. It's how they are taught to pass block.

Also the Bears aren't going to get both Houston's picks, and there is no way in hell they should take Paris Johnson at #2.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just fyi in pass blocking the OL surrender ground immediately on every play. It's how they are taught to pass block.

Also the Bears aren't going to get both Houston's picks, and there is no way in hell they should take Paris Johnson at #2.
It's literally pass pro vs run pro ?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
That would be UU lol
It's Utah Utes, the Utes are some Indian tribe I never heard of or think of Indians in Utah. They are tough, and play
a hard nosed brand of football, well coached few mistakes under Kyle Whittingham.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears be scoutin demselves hard for some 25 year olds....