Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
OMG!!!! OMG!!!! Shaheen for a 6th is the most surprising news in 2020 and that's saying alot!!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I gotta give Pace credit for admitting and moving on from his mistakes. I feel like some of the old Bears teams of the past were reluctant to do this and kept running the same garbage out there year after year.

Shaheen, Floyd, & Burton. Pace is purging the disappointments - Trubisky has gotta be sweating a little.

I know these were more cap causalities but Prince Amukamara and Taylor Gabriel...performance factors in to cap causalities to a degree too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I gotta give Pace credit for admitting and moving on from his mistakes. I feel like some of the old Bears teams of the past were reluctant to do this and kept running the same garbage out there year after year.

Shaheen, Floyd, & Burton. Pace is purging the disappointments - Trubisky has gotta be sweating a little.

I know these were more cap causalities but Prince Amukamara and Taylor Gabriel...performance factors in to cap causalities to a degree too.
Wish he didn't need to do this as much but really, it's a sign of a solid, rational GM that doesn't let his pride direct his decisions. Next...

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
So would you guys be okay keeping trubisky as a backup if he shits the bed or doesn't improve or at least not by much.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Oh Happy Day.

Smell ya later Dad Bod Mofo

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Wish he didn't need to do this as much but really, it's a sign of a solid, rational GM that doesn't let his pride direct his decisions. Next...

I completely agree. It's making me lean more towards hoping he gets resigned after 2021. Sooner or later, he'll get it right. He seems smart, so I'm sure he's learning.

Plus, I'm always mindful - especially because of being a Bears fan - that the new brass coming in, isn't always better than what you already have. Leave it to the McCaskeys to hire a complete boob if they fire Pace.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
So would you guys be okay keeping trubisky as a backup if he shits the bed or doesn't improve or at least not by much.

Yes, because he'd instantly be one of the best backups in the league, but I don't see how that's going to happen. I'm sure him and his agent would try to get him employed by Carolina or The Washington Football Team.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Yes, because he'd instantly be one of the best backups in the league, but I don't see how that's going to happen. I'm sure him and his agent would try to get him employed by Carolina or The Washington Football Team.
I don't know he is good guy Mitch, doesn't seem the type to ego anyone

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I completely agree. It's making me lean more towards hoping he gets resigned after 2021. Sooner or later, he'll get it right. He seems smart, so I'm sure he's learning.

Plus, I'm always mindful - especially because of being a Bears fan - that the new brass coming in, isn't always better than what you already have. Leave it to the McCaskeys to hire a complete boob if they fire Pace.
Don't know if he's a genius but not dumb and result driven without too much pride getting in the way. He's also really good at making things he wants to happen, happen and with a good rep with players and front offices.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I agree. Too often mistakes are compounded because the person that made them won’t move on.

I don’t expect any GM to avoid draft disappointments. That’s how it goes. But refusing to acknowledge and move on makes things worse.

I do believe Pace does well by not trying to pretend a guy is worth keeping.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Imagine being absolutely terrible at your job, and another company wanted you so bad they gave up resources to bring you over....
His agent deserves some fucking major props

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Of course, it’s natural for fans on the other side to be happy now getting a “second rounder who just needs a change of scenery” with a 6th round pick. We have been there. (This offseason)