Shame on Ryan Pace for this mess. Bad Coach. Weak Roster. No Cap room and limited Draft Picks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well laid out but Whitehair was not projected as a C and was a LT his last 2 years in college. Projected as G. I also don't think the Sitton deal was a liability.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace's future should rightfully be tied to wins and losses and not the draft, hires, or signings. 2 years of .500 or less after being able to completely remold the team in his image should just about do that.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well laid out but Whitehair was not projected as a C and was a LT his last 2 years in college. Projected as G. I also don't think the Sitton deal was a liability.
Yep. Sitton was a mauler, I loved that guy. The fact that we drafted a LT/G and converted him to C and then turned around and drafted a C and converted him to G should tell you all you need to know about Pace.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
grassu, white, shaheen, trubisky, miller, that should be enough to get anybody fired. the bears really are the new cleveland browns
There are plenty of bad draft picks but you could argue that Grassu and Shaheen are STARTERS on other teams and performing well enough. Miller is still an exciting player to watch at times, and still starting here.

Trubisky is the biggest fail, and of course White (still attribute that to bad luck, not bad drafting).

Maybe Paces biggest failures have actually been the HCs that he hired, if he had a choice with Fox is irrelevant, it still happened under his watch.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Besides Emery, the Bears stick with their GMs for a while through thick and thin. Nagy may get the boot, but I think Pace is here for more than a cup of coffee.

6 years seems like a pretty decent chunk of time - how many current GMs are there in the NFL with 6 or more year tenure, but a losing record and 1 or less playoff appearances? Honestly don't know, but I would guess there are not many who last that long with so little success.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
There are plenty of bad draft picks but you could argue that Grassu and Shaheen are STARTERS on other teams and performing well enough. Miller is still an exciting player to watch at times, and still starting here.

Trubisky is the biggest fail, and of course White (still attribute that to bad luck, not bad drafting).

Maybe Paces biggest failures have actually been the HCs that he hired, if he had a choice with Fox is irrelevant, it still happened under his watch.

why does it matter they are starters elsewhere? Does Ryan pace get paid to make other teams better or the Bears? To me, they are not adding value to the Bears, therefore they are terrible draft picks. The fact that they can go elsewhere and play is even more alarming, shows that the coaching and culture is messed up too.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
why does it matter they are starters elsewhere? Does Ryan pace get paid to make other teams better or the Bears? To me, they are not adding value to the Bears, therefore they are terrible draft picks. The fact that they can go elsewhere and play is even more alarming, shows that the coaching and culture is messed up too.
Yeah I get it, he is hired to make the Bears better, and the HCs that he hired did not make the most of the talent that he drafted, so it still lands in his lap....

I was just trying to point out that he identified NFL starting level talent in a couple of those situations...

mecha

Liked Posts:
DB70 will say this is all apart of the 5 year rebuild plan. Everyone knows is takes at minimum 5 years to build a competitive NFL roster.

tribar was 5 years old when this started.

Pace had enough justification to get fired after trading like 8 picks to move up one spot in the draft to get Trubisky in the first place. the rest of you can't back off that move either, every single fucking one of you were defending it saying "OHHHH PACE WAS JUST GETTING HIS GUY". the dude played like 10 games in college, total. what did you think was going to happen?

on the subject of quarterbacks though, Pace has been quoted as saying he would take a quarterback in every draft. that's another sufficient indictment either by way of a) not drafting a quarterback in every draft or b) blowing all the draft capital on bad trade deals to prevent allocating the resources to draft a quarterback every year.

this shit is old. I thought the latter day period of Lovie Smith was bad. I'll be in my 50s by time this ship has been righted, and it'll be 4 more coaching regimes to get there.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Did he really draft 5 RBs?

Why does any team need to draft 5 RBs. That should be one of the easiest positions to fill.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If Pace and Ted Phillips are back next year, the Bears could go fuck themselves. Enough is enough. If Sweaty Teddy is making the hire with old man Ernie, it doesn't take a genius to know what's going to happen - A train wreck followed by another rebuild in 5 seasons. I'm done with it. Don't think I could watch any more of it until they implement a Chicago Bulls like overhaul in the front office.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thank you, one of my threads from last year.

Same shit, different season. Bear downz

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
grassu, white, shaheen, trubisky, miller, that should be enough to get anybody fired. the bears really are the new cleveland browns

At this point i wish we were the Cleveland Browns. Once they got the right GM, their roster is loaded with talented players and they run the ball like beasts.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Until the McCassholes sell, Angelo and Pace will be the best Bears GM's since Finks and Vanisi (who dipshit Michael fired after a 14-2 season). Let that sink in. As long as the McCaskeys own the team, you will not see the Bears earn a Lombardi trophy.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Grasu and Shaheen are starters for decent football teams.