Shame on Ryan Pace for this mess. Bad Coach. Weak Roster. No Cap room and limited Draft Picks.

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace is really responsible for this mess. Besides his poor draft results and even worse free agent spending, he also has hired two coaches and we don't have any young developmental QB on our roster. We only have 5 draft picks (maybe Shaheen deal will be another 6th). Only have $700k in cap space next year which is why they can't sign Robinson.

Bad free agent deals
Mike Glennon 3yrs/$45M
Robert Quinn 5yr/$70M
Jimmy Graham 2yr/$16M
Trey Burton anyone 4yrs/$32M
Cody Parkey 4yrs/$16M
Taylor Gabriel 4yrs/$26M
Marcus Cooper 3yrs/$16M
Marcus Wheaton 2yrs/$11M
Deon Sims 3yrs/$18M
Josh Sitton 3yrs/$21M
Jerrel Freemen 3yrs/$16M
Bobby Massie 4yrs/$31M
Charles Leno 4yrs/$37M

I went over his 6 drafts by total by position and here is what i got

QB - 1 - He has only drafted Mitch Trubisky in 6 years of drafts. Guess QB isn't important
RB - 5 - mostly mid to late rounders
TE - 2 - Both in the 2nd Shaheen and Kmet
WR - 6 - Kevin White in 1st, Anthony Miller in 2nd (traded up) i think Christian Kirk was still on the board
OT - 2 - Another important position and he drafted Tayo Fabuluju 6th and 7th Hambright this year
OG - 3
C - 2 - Whitehair / Daniels both good picks
DE - 2 - in 5th and 6th round
DT - 3
LB - 4
CB - 5
S - 4

Bust

Liked Posts:
Pace is going on his 6th year as GM with little to nothing to show for it...

-oldest defense in the nfl, qb position a huge question during and after his watch, has a roster with 3 guys getting paid top dollar at their respective positions, Kyle Fuller, Mack and Eddie Jackson and have nothing but a one stop playoff game to show for it.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, the offense is severely lacking in talent and depth. THIS is my biggest knock on the guy more than the cherry picking misses listed.

Every GM is gonna have misses. Maybe 1 or 2 of those 493 threads ever listed average hit/miss stats for all NFL GMs much less the top performers of successful teams year in year out. I rarely ever read this relevant info. I do recall one about Pace being up there in # of Pro-Bowlers, although that can be misleading praise. Almost all of these thread are bitching about the misses and so rarely do they a suggestion of who should be hired to replace Pace or the track record of the replacement.

Please know, I'm not defending Pace, believe me - especially after this recent offseason where OL was f'in ignored despite the clear & obvious MAJOR roster void there. It was criminal to sell us on coaching replacement as the sole cure for shit talent.

It'd just be nice to see perspective and suggestions for better is all.

Or add this to the 491 other cunting threads. Whatever.

Bust

Liked Posts:

I couldn't have stated it better myself. Pace mortgaged the future and all we have is this mess...

have to hit on their draft picks and hope a trade or 2 lines up down the line. Hicks has trade value. Roquan Smith has great trade value. Shop Eddie Jackson, overrated

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Ppl want Pace compared to other GMs as far as draft hits/misses, but I usually clear that up with zero playoff wins so far in year 6.

Pace's contract is up next year. I'll go on a limb and say we're not making the playoffs next year. How many franchises would enter into a new contract with zero playoff wins after 7 seasons?

His record is now 39-51. It's been getting worse the last two years.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Ppl want Pace compared to other GMs as far as draft hits/misses, but I usually clear that up with zero playoff wins so far in year 6.

Pace's contract is up next year. I'll go on a limb and say we're not making the playoffs next year. How many franchises would enter into a new contract with zero playoff wins after 7 seasons?

His record is now 39-51. It's been getting worse the last two years.
Idk maybe the same team that pays some over the hill hack 5 mil to pick their gm for them

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Idk maybe the same team that pays some over the hill hack 5 mil to pick their gm for them

I know some ppl discount Pace's first year, but his overall record right now is winning 43% of the time - and he's regressed the last couple of years...lol. We're going in the wrong direction.

He's gotten HC and QB wrong. That's by far worse than missing some 2nd round TE or whatever. You gotta be right with HC and QB. You could argue he's gotten HC wrong twice now. You could argue he's gotten QB wrong three times. Glennon/Trubisky/Foles.

When do we stop this? I'm guessing at the end of next season...but that means he might get another QB pick. I really hope the organization forces him into a non-QB pick in the first round. Let the next GM do that.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Dude I would have fired his ass after year 3. He’s pathetic. As an owner of businesses if my money was used the way it was brilliantly laid out in the op his ass would have been shipped back to New Orleans. I’ve brought up the op points years ago but it was forgotten when we got our lone pace playoff appearance. And here we are today with a mismanaged cap situation, bad talent on one side of the ball, and a plethora picks squandered in trades. What more do we need to indict this fraud gm?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Besides Emery, the Bears stick with their GMs for a while through thick and thin. Nagy may get the boot, but I think Pace is here for more than a cup of coffee.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The two most important "misses" that Pace has had is:

1. In the beginning of his tenure he protested that he was going to get the QB position right even if it meant drafting a QB every year.....and 6 years latter he has drafted 1, and brought in two other QBs that both have lead feet, with an offensive line that can not protect.
2. In 2018 the O-line was only average, in 2019 the were terrible, and yet he let us go into 2020 with no hope of improving, and they regressed even further.

With that being said, Pace will likely not be the scapegoat for this season. Just like Nagy got his mulligan last year by firing the OC and Line coach, Pace will likely get his mulligan by firing Nagy...I could be wrong, but that is my gut feeling.