CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Lol how many more games is lonzo helping the bulls win? How much is he moving the needle? Again, you don’t overpay players like him…you need to stay disciplined with giving out long term deals
An actual point guard, with a coach better than SVG, and a healthy LaVine and Vucevic? They’re already a better team.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
An actual point guard, with a coach better than SVG, and a healthy LaVine and Vucevic? They’re already a better team.
He moves the needle slightly but he’s a role player. Gonna have to agree to disagree that he’s worth overpaying. He’s not a must have player and he’s not the difference between contending. Not worth going in circles about it we’ve all said our piece

Bust

Liked Posts:
@Enasic yawn all you want, but look at what the cap situation for the Bulls is over the next five seasons, and the fact that the cap is going to go through another jump, and then ask yourself if you want AKME to haggle over an extra $5,000,000 in salary when it could help you win games.

That's fucking GarPax thinking. We've moved past that. Join us.

Wasn't long ago 2015-2016 season when the NHL cap was higher than the NBA, 71 million to 70 million. Then the NBA popularity took off and left the NHL in the dust, lol

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He moves the needle slightly but he’s a role player. Gonna have to agree to disagree that he’s worth overpaying. He’s not a must have player and he’s not the difference between contending. Not worth going in circles about it we’ve all said our piece

but Derrick rose is?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wasn't long ago 2015-2016 season when the NHL cap was higher than the NBA, 71 million to 70 million. Then the NBA popularity took off and left the NHL in the dust, lol
I feel like your years are off, but the general message is correct. NHL probably going up in a few years thanks to the ESPN deal.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Are we going to discuss Simonovic signed and will be on the bulls next year. Hopefully he can be what Lauri was suppose to be

Enasic

Liked Posts:
but Derrick rose is?
Geez Knox what is so hard to understand here?

Rose was the better player last year. He’s better at creating and scoring for himself, not to mention finishing in the paint and not being one dimensional outside shooter. He’s also a legit PG that can run the offense. Most importantly, he’ll likely cost 10 mil less than ball with less years being committed as well. This shouldn’t be hard to understand not sure why you keep rehashing this tired conversation.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Geez Knox what is so hard to understand here?

Rose was the better player last year. He’s better at creating and scoring for himself, not to mention finishing in the paint and not being one dimensional outside shooter. He’s also a legit PG that can run the offense. Most importantly, he’ll likely cost 10 mil less than ball with less years being committed as well. This shouldn’t be hard to understand not sure why you keep rehashing this tired conversation.

Show me metrics that prove rose was the better player last year. Because ball had a barely higher TS% than rose, balls usage rate was lower than roses, yet ball had a slightly higher win share total. Ball had a better VORP rating too, even though according to you that metric doesn’t count.

legit point guard that can run the offense. That’s funny…I guess that’s why rose avg a robust 4.2 assists per game, right?! Less than Lonzo whomst had less usage

youre right, it’s not hard to understand. Makes no sense to pay an aging, declining, and injury prone rose 10 mil per +, when you could get a 23 year old ascending player like ball for 15-20 mil per

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Are we going to discuss Simonovic signed and will be on the bulls next year. Hopefully he can be what Lauri was suppose to be

i thought I heard recently he wasn’t coming over now?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
literally everything you just said other than potential compensation is wrong. Show me metrics that prove rose was the better player last year. Because ball had a barely higher TS% than rose, balls usage rate was lower than roses, yet ball had a slightly higher win share total. Ball had a better VORP rating too, even though according to you that metric doesn’t count.

legit point guard that can run the offense. That’s funny…I guess that’s why rose avg a robust 4.2 assists per game, right?! Less than Lonzo whomst had less usage

youre right, it’s not hard to understand. Yet, you keep getting actual facts wrong. Makes no sense to pay an aging, declining, and injury prone rose 10 mil per +, when you could get a 23 year old ascending player like ball for 15-20 mil per
Lol are you nuts? Rose had his best season in years but he’s declining. Ok….

Rose averaged 1 assist less in 6 less MPG. Granted, higher usage but my point was rose is a capable PG who can run an offense. Stick to the points here…do you not agree?

PER: Advantage rose 18 vs 15
TS% wash
Ws/48: Advantage Rose .118 vs 0.89
VORP: Advantage ball 1.6 vs. 1.1

Again, this comes down to money/years. Give me Rose at a cheaper price. He’s the better more complete player currently. Better at creating his own shot, finishing in the paint, and is more clutch and more of a vet leader. He’s one of the most respected players in the league ball isn’t even an all star caliber player. Never has been. I’ll give lonzo the slight edge in D and passing, but rose is perfectly fine in both areas. Give me rose for 10 mil less all day everyday. Signing ball to a 20+ mil contract only makes sense if he makes significant improvements to his game, especially focusing on not just being a spot up 3 pt shooter.

We’ve had this dumb convo a hundred times already. I get it, you want ball and disagree that rose is the better short and long term option. Yay? Let’s move on

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol are you nuts? Rose had his best season in years but he’s declining. Ok….

Rose averaged 1 assist less in 6 less MPG. Granted, higher usage but my point was rose is a capable PG who can run an offense. Stick to the points here…do you not agree?

PER: Advantage rose 18 vs 15
TS% wash
Ws/48: Advantage Rose .118 vs 0.89
VORP: Advantage ball 1.6 vs. 1.1

Again, this comes down to money/years. Give me Rose at a cheaper price. He’s the better more complete player currently. Better at creating his own shot, finishing in the paint, and is more clutch and more of a vet leader. He’s one of the most respected players in the league ball isn’t even an all star caliber player. Never has been. I’ll give lonzo the slight edge in D and passing, but rose is perfectly fine in both areas. Give me rose for 10 mil less all day everyday. Signing ball to a 20+ mil contract only makes sense if he makes significant improvements to his game, especially focusing on not just being a spot up 3 pt shooter.

We’ve had this dumb convo a hundred times already. I get it, you want ball and disagree that rose is the better short and long term option. Yay? Let’s move on

so, lonzo is the better defender, passer, he’s ten years younger, just as good/better shooter…but you want rose because he’s cheaper. Listen to yourself.

rose hasn’t played 60+ games in a season in 5 years. He’s injury prone still besides

Enasic

Liked Posts:
so, lonzo is the better defender, passer, he’s ten years younger, just as good/better shooter…but you want rose because he’s cheaper. Listen to yourself.

rose hasn’t played 60+ games in a season in 5 years. He’s injury prone still besides

Lol you won’t let this die. He’s a marginally better defender and passer. Rose is average to above average in both categories. Rose is the much more complete and feared offensive player though and his vet leadership/intangibles/respect are light years ahead of ball. I don’t give a shit how much younger ball is…it’s meaningless to this conversation. I would rather a stop gap like rose who is IMO the better player and cheaper option than committing to 4 years 20+ million to an average player who is completely one dimensional offensively. Just end this now dude. We have a difference in opinions. Just move on Jesus lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol you won’t let this die. He’s a marginally better defender and passer. Rose is average to above average in both categories. Rose is the much more complete and feared offensive player though and his vet leadership/intangibles/respect are light years ahead of ball. I don’t give a shit how much younger ball is…it’s meaningless to this conversation. I would rather a stop gap like rose who is IMO the better player and cheaper option than committing to 4 years 20+ million to an average player who is completely one dimensional offensively. Just end this now dude. We have a difference in opinions. Just move on Jesus lol

ahhh yes, when supporting the inferior player you point to that which cannot be measured

and you keep replying, but yes, I’m the only one not letting it die. I’m guilty of that, but clearly so are you as well

Enasic

Liked Posts:
ahhh yes, when supporting the inferior player you point to that which cannot be measured

and you keep replying, but yes, I’m the only one not letting it die. I’m guilty of that, but clearly so are you as well
What can’t be measured? Did you not see another post that showed ball sucked ass in the paint and mid range? He’s only an effective player shooting 3s. Rose can finish inside, mid range and outside. Who do you think the league fears more offensively? Rose, who is still clutch and offensive varied to this day or ball, who outside of shooting 3s, doesnt do much else offensively?

I’m beginning to think you haven’t watched these two players much this season because the difference and effectiveness offensively is obvious both with the eye tests and stats. It’s infinitely more difficult to guard and game plan for rose than it is ball. One player is one dimensional. The other is not

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Balls passing and defensive body control. His length and IQ can help the Bulls. We need defenders as bad as any roster I've ever seen so like if your a role player that can defend even average I would be interested for the Bulls.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think Lonzo makes the Bulls quite a bit better. Adding him alone doesn’t make the Bulls into a title contender, but it’s a step in the right direction. Plus I would assume that, by default, Lonzo would play better with the Bulls since the system would play more to his strengths than New Orleans.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I haven’t gotten to watch a ton of him, but from what I’ve seen I don’t think he’d be much better than a quality role player. I definitely think Lauri is more talented. What I do like about Simonovic is he seems to have decent footwork, a decent shot and can handle the ball a little for a guy his size.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The reason you sign Rose is because you can get him on a moderate 2 year deal and keep your options open to something better. Lonzo would be a long term commitment and would lock us into a team couldn't even make the play-in.

However they are about to back up the brinks truck for Zach and that may bind us up cap wise anyway.

Last edited: