Shams: Bulls, Clippers to be interested in Lonzo Ball

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
They want Lowry which means they wouldnt be able to match Lonzo.

They want to win now and Im guessing the vet presence is what they desperately want. The Pelicans blew a lot of big leads last year and couldnt close games. They didnt have anyone leading them. Zion is getting there but still young. They are looking for what CP3 did for the Suns

I dont think Lowry is Paul though. Personally if Im lowry, Im heading to Miami at this point in my career. No state tax, south beach lifestyle. Who knows what Lowry wants though. Money, NYK can offer the most. Chance at Winning? LA Team?

Pels brought in a new coach and vets last year and didnt do shit. I wouldnt be shocked seeing Griffin doing it again. Personally Id let the youngins grow into those leadership roles like ATL.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think Lowry is Paul though. Personally if Im lowry, Im heading to Miami at this point in my career. No state tax, south beach lifestyle. Who knows what Lowry wants though. Money, NYK can offer the most. Chance at Winning? LA Team?

Pels brought in a new coach and vets last year and didnt do shit. I wouldnt be shocked seeing Griffin doing it again. Personally Id let the youngins grow into those leadership roles like ATL.
Van Gundy got the least out of that team then any coach could. lol Also, they cant shoot 3's. That has to change. They couldnt shoot the 3 and they couldnt defend it

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah its boring Knoxville.

Boring for the Pelicans to keep Lonzo, but not boring if the Bulls got him right.

Well Goran is boring. And Im probably undervaluing what hell get on the market. pelicans have a 25.1 mil trade exception and could trade for him instead if they really wanted. He'd be okay leading a second unit while sprinkling in youngins like Walker/Murphy, Pet.

At the same time, they wouldnt have to go after Goran specifically. Caruso/Walker can flex and Zion brought the Ball up more last year. IDk if Willie Green will keep developing that. He should imo. Lewis showed a few flashes too.

Other than matching Ball, Caruso would be my main target in FA. 3 and D. Id give him more shots than he got in LA. Better shooter than Hart. Hes basically just the 4th/5th option though

Petrusev is worth a look. Stashing Vrenz Bleijenbergh would be a blessing at 43. Seen both of those guys projected late first tomid 2nd. Petrusev was okay at Gonzaga and developed a jumpshot last year in Belgium. Vrenz is a freak of nature and I could see someone easily getting thirsty and taking him in the 1st

its you that’s boring

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Van Gundy got the least out of that team then any coach could. lol Also, they cant shoot 3's. That has to change. They couldnt shoot the 3 and they couldnt defend it

Van Gundy was a poor choice for sure. JJ not hitting 3s didnt help either.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Didn’t copy the article and don’t really trust the source but on fb saw a rumor it’s pretty much a done deal ball to us for 4 years 80 mil

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Sounds like this is happening then..

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soto
Hoping they are able to make another move or two this offseason. Not sure what kind of financial flexibility they have though
There is Markenens sign and trade next it looks like. He will look much better somewhere else but has little value to the Bulls as they can't figure out how to use him.

Ball/Soto-Lavine/Ayo/White-Williams/Brown Jr-Theis-Vucevic

I have a feeling AK is going to look bad for all this churning when the Bulls suck and have no assets. I don't blame him at all but we are screwed, imo.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Soto

There is Markenens sign and trade next it looks like. He will look much better somewhere else but has little value to the Bulls as they can't figure out how to use him.

Ball/Soto-Lavine/Ayo/White-Williams/Brown Jr-Theis-Vucevic

I have a feeling AK is going to look bad for all this churning when the Bulls suck and have no assets. I don't blame him at all but we are screwed, imo.

if some team if willing to pay lauri the money he is seeking, somewhere around 15 mill per season then so be it...i dont blame the bulls staff..lauri is a liability on defense and just doesnt have the aggressiveness to consistently threaten defenses...15 mill for a player who is basically a spot up shooter

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
if some team if willing to pay lauri the money he is seeking, somewhere around 15 mill per season then so be it...i dont blame the bulls staff..lauri is a liability on defense and just doesnt have the aggressiveness to consistently threaten defenses...15 mill for a player who is basically a spot up shooter
An inconsistent spot up shooter with no other skills. I personally wouldn't want him on my team for the vet minimum. He's a detriment on the court. Happy to see him go

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Hollinger: I’ve heard a lot of different stuff, but if I had to bet on one outcome, I think it ends with an offer sheet from the Bulls that the Pelicans decide to match after Kyle Lowry signs with the Mavericks. At the end of the day, Ball is both young and good, and having him on a multiyear deal on the same timeline as Zion and Ingram is still New Orleans’ best option. Keeping him also lets them re-sign Hart and use their full mid-level exception — and hopefully build the team in a more organic way than relying on the cap-space fairy to save them.

I'm sick. However they did draft Kira Lewis last year, so my hope is if they strike out on Lowry they have high hopes in him and seek out another veteran PG to help bring him along. I also hope AKME play this right and have an idea of whats going to happen. Tying our money up for days then NO matching last minute would be devastating.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hollinger: I’ve heard a lot of different stuff, but if I had to bet on one outcome, I think it ends with an offer sheet from the Bulls that the Pelicans decide to match after Kyle Lowry signs with the Mavericks. At the end of the day, Ball is both young and good, and having him on a multiyear deal on the same timeline as Zion and Ingram is still New Orleans’ best option. Keeping him also lets them re-sign Hart and use their full mid-level exception — and hopefully build the team in a more organic way than relying on the cap-space fairy to save them.

I'm sick. They did draft Kira Lewis last year though and a veteran PG would be a better fit for them to bring Kira along. I'm also hoping AKME will have some idea to whether NO is matching or not before they even offer.
Yeah while Lonzo isn't super exciting, he is an improvement and I'm pretty set on him at this point. It'll be disappointing if it falls through and they fail at other options

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Just heard on the radio from a Knicks guy that Sacramento could be shopping Fox after drafting Davion Mitchell at 9. That makes quite a bit of a log jam with Fox/Haliburton/Mitchell at the point. Not sure they do a trade now but after Fox has been playing they may trade while his stock is high and they have a ton of confidence in Haliburton at a cheaper price. Would that be a possibility for sign and trade partner for Lauri? Only thing that scares me is I didn't realize Fox has a 5y 28m contract. He is young and really underrated imho.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I've seen it reported a couple times that the Heat are putting themselves in a position to be the front runners to land Lowry via a sign and trade. If that happens I wonder do the Pelicans match any offer for Ball.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I've seen it reported a couple times that the Heat are putting themselves in a position to be the front runners to land Lowry via a sign and trade. If that happens I wonder do the Pelicans match any offer for Ball.
That leaves the bulls with Dinwiddie or Rose?