Shanahan likely to go to SF

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Josh McDaniels has pulled his name out of the running for the San Fran job and Schefter is reporting that SF is circling the wagons on Kyle Shanahan. They can interview him again after the GB game and even hire him if they advance to the SB like Dan Quin was 2 years ago.

With McDaniels out I don't see SF trading for Jimmy, thinking SF goes QB early or the FA market because they have nothing now.

As far as Jimmy G, I wonder if Houston would jump in the fray and give up their 1st round pick for him. They would get him on the cheap year 1 while they are choking down Osweiller's guaranteed money then can cut Osweiller the following year for a minimal cap hit when they have to start paying Jimmy. Obrein is a Belicheck disciple and Houston's position on the draft board seems like a good value for both teams to pull it off.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Depending on what that do at qb, i could see SF being enticing for Jeffery, considering what Jones did in Baby Shanny's offense in ATL.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Good. Don't need him snatching up my boy Jimmy unless he's coaching the beloved.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I think this mean's Trubisky's gone(Unless Shanny believes in Jimmy G). Looks like Jimmy G is a possibility. As long as it doesn't cost a 1st for him I'm game.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this mean's Trubisky's gone(Unless Shanny believes in Jimmy G). Looks like Jimmy G is a possibility. As long as it doesn't cost a 1st for him I'm game.

Being Kyle will be in year 1 it makes all the sense for him to draft his guy since he doesn't have to win day one. I could definitely see them grab Trubisky if Cleveland passes.

If Houston is willing to trade #25 for Jimmy he is theirs.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Daniels is staying to eventually take off.

Daniels doesn't want to move his family across the country for a two year stint. SF has gone through some HC's recently. If ever there was a team that needed to be patient, it is SF. They might have the least amount of talent in the entire league. It's going to be a long rebuild for them.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McDaniels just waiting for the Bears job opening next year

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Who's the 49ers GM conducting this head coaching search? Oh yeah....

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Shanahan has always had a more classic pocket QB, this could definitely mean Trubisky goes #2.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Being Kyle will be in year 1 it makes all the sense for him to draft his guy since he doesn't have to win day one. I could definitely see them grab Trubisky if Cleveland passes.

If Houston is willing to trade #25 for Jimmy he is theirs.

It makes sense if that's the best value Belichick can get. I just don't know how willing Belichick is to trade Garoppolo to a team they might see in the playoffs. And if he's willing to trade in conference to a team that was #1 withotut JJ Watt I don't know if Jimmy G is what they say he is.

Though those points are scarcely related, it just gives me a bit of pause that he would do it.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
Quick, send Cutler to SF --> then we can draft Trubisky

Did SF hire Shanny Sr for GM?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Quick, send Cutler to SF --> then we can draft Trubisky

Did SF hire Shanny Sr for GM?
I think it's not unreasonable you could see a cut Cutler sign there and they draft a QB with Shanny.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Shanahan has always had a more classic pocket QB, this could definitely mean Trubisky goes #2.

Their defense is hot trash, worst in the league. That's where i think they go. A rookie qb with noone to throw to and no defense to give him the ball back? Forget about it

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Their defense is hot trash, worst in the league. That's where i think they go. A rookie qb with noone to throw to and no defense to give him the ball back? Forget about it

I think they lost a bunch of players to IR. Almost right there with us, so I don't know if the ranking equates to how bad they actually are.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:

IMO they go QB unless Garrett is there then they would most likely select him

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rumor is that Phillip Rivers does not want to go to LA and San Fran is extremely interested in acquiring him.