Shay Sharpe speaking facts about Fields

Bust

Liked Posts:
You guys have to put him on ignore. You aren't missing a thing. The great thing about it is he's so redundant that you can put him on ignore and still know what he posts without having to waste time reading it.

the old guy who admits to holding 5 year long grudges vs other posters speaks!

best listen to the wannabe god father to make him feel valued boyz . . .

rofl

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Ready to give up on Fields already? DISGUSTING
Its not giving up on him. Its more about what I think of Bryce Young and how special he is. So yes, I'd be willing to potentially part with Fields for someone I percieve could be a top 5 passing QB in the league. That's it, no one else. No veterans on the trade market. No Free Agent QBs. No one but Young. Its a risk. But would you be willing to move on from Fields for a top 5 passing QB? I like many others think Fields can be in the top half, maybe even fringe top 10 as a passer if given the right pieces. But right now, its so hard to forecast.

I blame alot of the unknown on Field's as a passer due to management who failed to make him priority. Its part of why I complained early on. Yet, you think I'm racist for speaking out about Pole's approach. But truth is, we can't make an informed decision right now. So either way whether you choose Fields or Young, etc, there is an additional unknown risk to whatever management decides.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
These shows are so strange. Just a few months ago, these two would have been on opposite sides of this argument. Shannon has been pretty skeptical of Fields throughout most of this season up until, apparently now, while Skip has always been more on the pro-Fields side. Look at Skips tweets from when Fields was drafted and from earlier this year when they were playing the Cowboys:

He told David Kaplan earlier this year on a Chicago sports tv show that he thought that New England game might been the beginning of something special for Fields, which is where you get the "IS FIELDS TURNING INTO JALEN HURTS" tweet—another player Skip loves. This flip flop seemingly came out of nowhere. Now he's all in on the CJ Stroud bandwagon because he threw 4 touchdowns against Georgia, even though Fields threw 6 in the same game two years ago.
Skip didn't really sound sold on Stroud, but more so just throwing the question out there. Trying to make an interesting conversation. But he even admitted he wasn't much a fan of Stroud until seeing the Georgia game. Just trying to feed on the recency bias.

And all because someone thinks that drafting a young QB to replace Fields, doesn't mean they don't think much of Field's or his potential. It could just mean that they are very high on said young QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree with Sharpe, but at the same time I don't think he is considering we have many resources to spend this offseason. We have around 120 mil of cap space. We have our draft picks including an extra 4th we received for Quinn. Hypothetically speaking, if we were to select a QB, we would then have trade capital to receive more picks by trading Fields.

I also, think he is glossing over the question a bit right now because he doesn't think it will be in play for us to draft Bryce Young. But it very well could be, then what? I agree, no to CJ Stroud. But Young is special. And while he is small, He can maneuver well in the pocket and has a good feel for the internal clock in his head.

Either way, I think it would be choosing between two good choices. But wouldn't be so quick to just say we are going to stick with Fields. Who knows what the staff truly thinks of his performance in the passing game.

Coming out Justin Fields was special as well. So not sure what Young does based in college tape that Fields didnt do on his college tape.

If Fields and Young were coming out I would still rate Fields higher especially given young's size.

Bust

Liked Posts:
"even I can outrun Juju . . . but the Quarterback can change everything."

WOW!

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Skip didn't really sound sold on Stroud, but more so just throwing the question out there. Trying to make an interesting conversation. But he even admitted he wasn't much a fan of Stroud until seeing the Georgia game. Just trying to feed on the recency bias.

And all because someone thinks that drafting a young QB to replace Fields, doesn't mean they don't think much of Field's or his potential. It could just mean that they are very high on said young QB.
Skip is the king of recency bias, unless it interferes with an established narrative involving the core athletes he's made a living out of either loving or hating. Cowherd is very much the same way. Drives me nuts.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Darrel Mooney?

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:

Coming out Justin Fields was special as well. So not sure what Young does based in college tape that Fields didnt do on his college tape.

If Fields and Young were coming out I would still rate Fields higher especially given young's size.
Bryce Young threw for more than 4,800 yards in 2021. When did Fields do that in college? Bryce Young had a down year in 2023 and missed some games but still threw for more yards than than Fields ever did in college in 2023.

Youngs size is my biggest concern with his ability to translate in the NFL.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bryce Young threw for more than 4,800 yards in 2021. When did Fields do that in college? Bryce Young had a down year in 2023 and missed some games but still threw for more yards than than Fields ever did in college in 2023.

Youngs size is my biggest concern with his ability to translate in the NFL.

Fields had a higher comp%, YPA, Air YPA, TD%, and passer rating. Young just threw the ball more.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

IM thinking that Im offended by his Black and Milds n bottles of Hennessey. He seems more like a marlboro reds and lord calvert perp.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Young is slightly ahead of Stroud, but make no mistake, Stroud is elite.