Shea McClellin's Value (What is the least you would take?)

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Pretty much everyone agrees that McClellin can not continue as a DE, and a switch to 4-3 linebacker is a last resort to try and find a use for him. Regardless, a lot of us would like to see him no longer on the team. Straight up cutting him would yield a $1.8 million cap loss, and it doesn't seem worth doing that at this point. We all pretty much agree that trading him would be difficult because teams probably don't want him either.

That being said, if you're Phil Emery, what is the absolute least that you would accept for him in a trade? Obviously, you want to get more than a 7th round pick in return for a former 1st rounder, but you're not going to get a whole lot for him given his struggles. So what is your minimum? I know we have had thread(s) discussing his value before, but I want to hear specifically what your personal minimum would be for him. Not saying it necessarily has to be a realistic return, but rather it is a gauge of how we value him.

Note: Even if McClellin were traded, the Bears would still have to pay him around $1 million, so giving him to another team does not eliminate the contract entirely, but it is ~$800k cheaper to trade him.

I'd want at least a 4th or 5th rounder at minimum. Not worth having to still pay him and only get a late round pick.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
4th or 5th round pick.

Madden

Liked Posts:
4th Rounder, but I would try him at LB first. Emery basically admitted he fucked up by putting him at DE.

It would be like if we used Hester as a WR only for his first 2 years and claiming he sucks and trading him.

It just sucks Emery didn't realize what everyone else did, that he's not a DE. Now he wasted 2 years of learning a LB position and he's going to be a rookie at that position. I don't see how he could be any worse, he has speed, he just can't handle the power of big O-lineman being up in his face right off the snap.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It worth continuing the experiment for what you guys are willing to accept. He's actually a lot more likely to become a decent Sam than any 4th or 5th even if you think it's under 50/50.

HawaiiBearsFan

Liked Posts:
Everyone seems to be selling him short… He's worth a box of donuts minimum!

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
It worth continuing the experiment for what you guys are willing to accept. He's actually a lot more likely to become a decent Sam than any 4th or 5th even if you think it's under 50/50.

This was my thought as well, but it's interesting to hear how people value him (Even though only like 3 people have answered seriously)

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
i would trade mcllellin if they could get a 4th round pick, maybe an early 5th. i don't think he has any value to the chicago bears unless they switch to a 3-4 defense. it's possible a 3-4 team would trade for him.

that said, i wouldn't just give up on him. he was a first round pick. in the end, though, he was a pick i never understood. mcllellin was clearly a 3-4 OLB prospect. i have no idea why emery drafted him.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
5h round pick if the Bears were lucky. Yes, I'm being serious. He's b een awful so far.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For one left shoe, a pair of socks and a elbow patch for a members only jacket.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
A conditional 7th rounder. Realistically speaking he has not played at a high enough level his first two seasons to justify being on an NFL roster as a starter or backup.getting anything for him would be nice.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
If another GM gave me a Chipotle burrito I would totally say they could have him but my opinion doesn't mean shit because, ya know, I don't work for the team...

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A bag of those shitty orange candies that nobody liked getting at Halloween as a kid.