Sheldon Rankins

Liked Posts:
Why is no one talking about this kid? This kid is an animal, & he'd be the perfect addition to the Bears D-line to play next Goldman. He by far my favorite DT/3-4 DE in this draft that can can any gap technique in both systems, believe it or not, & is a very versatile DT vs the run & as a pass rusher with very good first step & excellent gap penetration. If anyone gets time to check out DT's go check out Rankins. The kid can play.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
People are talking about him, don't worry. He is fun to watch on tape and would be an ideal fit for the Bears. His draft stock is rising and Mike Mayock even thinks he's a 1st round lock after his Senior Bowl impressions this week. We would have to pick him at #11, which seems a little high at the moment. Unfortunately, he just sprained his knee, we'll see where this pushes him.

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler 53m53 minutes ago
Sheldon Rankins has a sprained knee so we might not see him the rest of the week. #SeniorBowl

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So as not to re-hash.

Here is a link to some stuff I posted.
I've seen enough

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Unless it's Buckner or Bosa, I just don't think a DLineman is worth it at #11.

There should be a very good DLineman available in the 2nd round.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Would be a great get in the 2nd round. Hargreaves at 11, Rankins in the 2nd? I'd be down.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
or how about wentz or stanley at 11 and rankins in the 2nd

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Unless it's Buckner or Bosa, I just don't think a DLineman is worth it at #11.

There should be a very good DLineman available in the 2nd round.

How about Jaylon Smith at 11 and Vernon Butler at 42? You are basically getting Derrick Johnson/Patrick Willis and Muhammad Wilkerson in the first two rounds. Anybody would take that.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
How about Jaylon Smith at 11 and Vernon Butler at 42? You are basically getting Derrick Johnson/Patrick Willis and Muhammad Wilkerson in the first two rounds. Anybody would take that.

Still wary of Smith's knee, but I could certainly talk myself into that draft.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No way Smith at 11. There are going to be great players available at 11 without the concerns or "redshirt" year needed. Smith in the second, ok, but he won't be there. Someone is going to take a risk on him mid to late first.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Rankins ain't going in the second.

No one is saying he will.

The point is that we can draft a DLineman in the 2nd who is an exciting player. I don't think the same can be said of Linebacker, Cornerback, or Quarterback. Thus we should prefer one of the more scarce positions at #11. Still, if Buckner is there at #11, we shouldn't get cute.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
No way Smith at 11. There are going to be great players available at 11 without the concerns or "redshirt" year needed. Smith in the second, ok, but he won't be there. Someone is going to take a risk on him mid to late first.

I would take Smith at 11 depending who is on the board.

I had a dream last night that the Bears traded up into the end of the first round to draft Smith but I don't think he makes it that far. I think he goes top 15 no doubt.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No one is saying he will.

The point is that we can draft a DLineman in the 2nd who is an exciting player. I don't think the same can be said of Linebacker, Cornerback, or Quarterback. Thus we should prefer one of the more scarce positions at #11. Still, if Buckner is there at #11, we shouldn't get cute.

Did you read the thread?

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
I know it takes two teams but if the top cb,QB,DE,OL,ILB is of the board at Pick 11 then see if we can trade up with a team in the mid teens & Grab Rankins plus we're adding more valuable picks

Zenjohn

Liked Posts:
Rankins just pulled out of the Senior Bowl with a knee injury per Bleacher Report

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I know it takes two teams but if the top cb,QB,DE,OL,ILB is of the board at Pick 11 then see if we can trade up with a team in the mid teens & Grab Rankins plus we're adding more valuable picks

you mean trade down right?

i agree with that, if say lynch is still there, the rams could make a play for lynch, the rams could offer their 1st and 2nd to move to 11, steep price to pay but with the team moving to LA, pressure will be on to have a qb that can actually play.

If rams trade 15th and 45th to bears for 11th pick
15 - rankins DE, this is a bit high but he is rising fast
41 - wright III ILB
45 - thompson S
72 - howard CB
103 - frackell OLB
138 - mcgee TE
167 - sudfield QB
187 - ward DE
189 - johnstone G
226 - weatherly OLB

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:

Butler might not be there when the Bears pick at 42. He's on the rise just like Rankins.