Shitting

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Up until recently, there were only five people in our office, two of whom were female. Accordingly, the men's restroom (one pisser and two stalls) was almost always vacant.

Recently we've had four additional men come over from our other building. I've never seen a group of people with such active bowels in my life. And they all go in there for 10-15 minutes at a time. Every time you go in there, there are feet in the stall and it stinks. Perhaps I've been spoiled by not being used to this, but it's a nightmare now.

Is this normal? Am I the only person who's in and out in a couple of minutes when taking a shit? Do most men sit in there and ponder life for 15 minutes when taking a shit? I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming no masturbation is going on. I don't get it. Who takes that long to use the bathroom?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Up until recently, there were only five people in our office, two of whom were female. Accordingly, the men's restroom (one pisser and two stalls) was almost always vacant.

Recently we've had four additional men come over from our other building. I've never seen a group of people with such active bowels in my life. And they all go in there for 10-15 minutes at a time. Every time you go in there, there are feet in the stall and it stinks. Perhaps I've been spoiled by not being used to this, but it's a nightmare now.

Is this normal? Am I the only person who's in and out in a couple of minutes when taking a shit? Do most men sit in there and ponder life for 15 minutes when taking a shit? I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming no masturbation is going on. I don't get it. Who takes that long to use the bathroom?
The ability to have my phone in the shitter with me has increased the amount of time it takes me in the shitter. I've never worked in an office setting, but obviously worked in shared bathrooms. There's zero reason in an office your size that people can't be considerate, and not only clean up after themselves, but also spraying some Glade or other such air freshener.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I'd argue this is normal in an office.

At times it was normal in my office. I worked on the 1st floor of a 3 floor office building. People from the upper two floors would come down to the first to take a shit all the time.

The worst would be when two people were shitting, and then a line would form for the urinal. Which I always lol'd at because you could just go upstairs, which I'd usually do then.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
In fact, I would do this: put up a little communal pot that people can put loose change and singles into, and use that to buy air fresheners and even some candles. I also might buy some of those 3M command strips and put a box of matches into the stalls.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I guess if someone has a really poor diet or hemorrhoids, that would result in excessive shit times. Maybe some folks find it relaxing to stew in their stank idk.

I would say an avg shit time if you eat clean and exercise shouldn't take more than a couple min.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Idk what is normal, but I had an employee a few years back who was an older gent, and there were times he would shit twice a day, each time for anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour.

But he also spent 50% of his work day on Facebook, circumventing company policies.

And he spent a good 25% of his day answering/returning calls from his wife, or random telemarketers whom would call his father's phone, which was forwarded to his work phone.

Most of the remainder of his day was spent shitting.

To the point where sometimes I'd ask him to do an ordinary 5-10 minute task for one of his clients in the morning, and find out around 3pm that he'd never done it.

TL;DR @bearmick I think certain people use shitting as one more way to run out the clock on their work day.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Related, but will u guys mask up with n95s when u go to public restrooms post covid? I'm thinking about it...

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk what is normal, but I had an employee a few years back who was an older gent, and there were times he would shit twice a day, each time for anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour.

But he also spent 50% of his work day on Facebook, circumventing company policies.

And he spent a good 25% of his day answering/returning calls from his wife, or random telemarketers whom would call his father's phone, which was forwarded to his work phone.

To the point where sometimes I'd ask him to do an ordinary 5-10 minute task for one of his clients in the morning, and find out around 3pm that he'd never done it.

TL;DR @bearmick I think certain people use shitting as one more way to run out the clock on their work day.

WTF lol... how long did he last at the company?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

One of the guys in particular is in there at least 2-3 times per day. I usually take a shit in the morning at home before I shower, because my system regularly wakes up when I get up, and there's nothing worse than taking a shit AFTER a shower.

I can only assume that he's dumping at home too, so he has to be taking 5 shits a day. Don't know if he has a medical condition like Crohn's or something, but his amount of shitting seems abnormally high. Thankfully despite being by far the most frequent shitter, he isn't one of the foul smelling ones, so there's that I guess.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I used to work with a guy who did an Ironman. A few days after, we're celebrating at a bar, and he decided he was going to eat like garbage for a week. So he was eating chicken wings, mozz sticks, and a burrito. Dude was in such good shape that he was shitting every 20 or so minutes to get the bad food out of him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
WTF lol... how long did he last at the company?

He lasted a few years total, but this was towards the end of his time with us.

This behavior got worse and worse the longer he was with us.

FTR I was not his hiring manager, I inherited him.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to work with a guy who did an Ironman. A few days after, we're celebrating at a bar, and he decided he was going to eat like garbage for a week. So he was eating chicken wings, mozz sticks, and a burrito. Dude was in such good shape that he was shitting every 20 or so minutes to get the bad food out of him.

Could he run a 5k though?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One of the guys in particular is in there at least 2-3 times per day. I usually take a shit in the morning at home before I shower, because my system regularly wakes up when I get up, and there's nothing worse than taking a shit AFTER a shower.

I can only assume that he's dumping at home too, so he has to be taking 5 shits a day. Don't know if he has a medical condition like Crohn's or something, but his amount of shitting seems abnormally high. Thankfully despite being by far the most frequent shitter, he isn't one of the foul smelling ones, so there's that I guess.

Something else to consider is covid being weird.

I had a bout of really really awful gastro symptoms last year around March/April that I believe was actually covid.

But I'd still bet on time killing being the main culprit....

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I left my last job in large part because the bathroom (2 stalls and 2 pissers for about 40 men) was like a constant shit sauna, and some creepy old dude was always, _always_, in the bathroom at the same time that I was

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mick this doesn't happen often but I don't know how to respond to this thread. LOL

What's killing me is it's nothing but these so called "Hall of Fame" posters discussing literal shit. CCS is so gross.

That said, so is the average American middle-aged male's diet, which makes your average office Men's room too high traffic and absolutely disgusting.

Thoughts & prayers OP.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Something else to consider is covid being weird.

I had a bout of really really awful gastro symptoms last year around March/April that I believe was actually covid.

But I'd still bet on time killing being the main culprit....
I've had this several times during my stay at home..

But I just believe its from beer and eating like shit during a period of time.