Should ARob be paid Amari Cooper money?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I’m a big fan of Robinson. He is the best player on offense, by a wide margin. True professional. Don’t know if he’s elite like Julio or Hopkins, but I think he is a legit WR1.

Should Pace pay him 20mil/season? That’s probably the ballpark Robinson will demand to be in, or he’ll test FA next year.

I think they are trying to get an extension done, but feel they may be far apart. Hope we keep him.

What does everyone think about paying him that much. Can Pace adequately fill the holes on the roster with that and Mack’s contract?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don’t value him at 20 mil per, but as always, it comes down to cap hit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, if that is what he ends up asking for then even more reason to go WR in this draft. There is no point giving a WR that kind of money until we find the QB that will be throwing him the ball long term. Just let him play out this year and franchise him next year if it comes to that.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Yes, because imho he's better than Cooper.

I'd add the structure of Cooper's contract is a 2 year, $40M deal. That's a tiny bit more than franchising him twice. The other years/term are up too the team.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
You have to pay him based on what you think he’ll do. If CHAi had/has a good QB, ARob would be worth the money.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, absolutely. He’s 26 and has a chance to be the best Bears WR ever. He’s as good or better than Cooper and the Bears certainly don’t have good luck at the position. Pay the man and build around him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A team shouldn't pay a WR when they don't have a good QB. Makes no sense to me.

What do you think happens? You draft the QB, WR and LT all at once or something? You take rare players as they come along and build around them.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No, if that is what he ends up asking for then even more reason to go WR in this draft. There is no point giving a WR that kind of money until we find the QB that will be throwing him the ball long term. Just let him play out this year and franchise him next year if it comes to that.

LOL.

gR8 REASONING.

Then we're stuck with no QB and no WR.

Smart.

Who came first, Isaac bruce and marshall faulk, or kurt warner?

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cqn't be handing out $25M contract like candy. I love ARob, but after the Diggs trade I'd like to see what the trade market is. I'm not dismissing extending him outright, let's just see what we can get in trade.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, absolutely. He’s 26 and has a chance to be the best Bears WR ever. He’s as good or better than Cooper and the Bears certainly don’t have good luck at the position. Pay the man and build around him.

Agreed, at 26 he will be here and in his prime for the next QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope. Too much for for a very talented guy that isn't a burner nor all that physical even though he's great at routes and catching balls. Loved the signing and the player overall but he's not one of the very few WRs I'd pay that to. He's a 4.5 WR and that has something to do with why it looks like he comes down with a lot of contested catches. He's slick and smooth but he's not running away from guys straight up nor a RB once he's caught the ball.

Sounds like I'm down on him, anything but. He's a great player and we'd be fucked without him but $20m for AR is not cost effective IMO. Maybe with another year or 2 of cap inflation but not right now. Hope he proves me wrong this year.

I think Dallas is fucking themselves by paying $70 for a RB, WR and average QB.

Last edited:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Draft Chase Claypool and you’ll have some options.

I know ARob has been very vocal about hating the franchise tag. If he doesn’t sign long term I could see him leaving.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL.

gR8 REASONING.

Then we're stuck with no QB and no WR.

Smart.

Who came first, Isaac bruce and marshall faulk, or kurt warner?

You seem confused as there is this event called the NFL draft and it is historically deep at WR this year. If you have concerns about ARob walking then you just draft a WR in the 2nd round.