Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
I saw a fake news about about Bears trading a 5th for
the bucs O. J. Howard. It got me thinking should the bears go after him. He is only 25 and would make us a two headed monster at tight-end. But we do have 8 tight ends on the team already. My opinion he's hard to pass up.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I don’t get all of the Howard love. He has done almost nothing in his NFL or College career. He had one great game that happened to be the national championship. I guess if he can be had for a late day three pick he is worth a swing other than that you’re paying a price based on where he was drafted not how he has performed.

Liked Posts:
I don’t get all of the Howard love. He has done almost nothing in his NFL or College career. He had one great game that happened to be the national championship. I guess if he can be had for a late day three pick he is worth a swing other than that you’re paying a price based on where he was drafted not how he has performed.

Im not a huge fan either since hes been in tje league. But for a 5th? Im not so sure a GM could find a better TE value in this class for the cost of a 5th.

Personally I think the Bears are going to target someone earlier than the 5th in the draft. That someone being Hopkins. I fully support a pick for Hopkins or Kmet.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think it is based upon potential. It is hard to explain why he and Winston did not have more success. Maybe it explains the reason that Winston is so prone to turn the ball over?

So I guess it would be two factors then, the QB he was playing with was a gunslinger that was not very good, and he has the physical tools and potential to be a star in an offense that would use him (Nagy's offense NEEDS a good TE).

Liked Posts:
Super Bowl? Haha

The problem is they need an exterior receiving TE & Im not so sure that Howard has proven to represent that. The Bears already have a big balanced interior TE under contract with Graham.

The Bears need that exterior vertical threat who can take over the slot in 2 TE sets, especiallyin the redzone. Even though Kmet looks like another interior TE the reason Im so high on Kmet is because I think he plays like a young Jason Witten. Hes not the best at any one thing, but he is very good at everything.

I believe the Bears recent history shows they tend to pick from players they meet with. Theyve met with Hopkins 3 different times. Thats either one helluva smokescreen or they REALLY like the kid. As of now Im going to bet they really like him because they do need his mold of TE.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i was reading a few days ago he is an elite athlete but lacks football instincts...for a 5th i would take a shot though....interestingly i saw that the colts just signed burton....i thought he was hurt?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Perhaps the Bears could end up with him after the draft, maybe next years 4th?

This assumes that the Bears did not draft a guy and other teams that needed a TE, did. That would diminish his trade value.

I really hope we get a decent TE in the draft, but if not I think Howard would be a great option.

I have to be honest, the first draft I really paid attention to was in 2007 when we drafted Greg Olsen, and I thought he could be a real difference maker. I think if we get Howard or the right TE in the draft, it could really change the offense.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
i was reading a few days ago he is an elite athlete but lacks football instincts...for a 5th i would take a shot though....interestingly i saw that the colts just signed burton....i thought he was hurt?
It would not surprise me if Burton played well with the Colt, for a while....

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I reeeaaaallllyyy don't like the idea of getting a TE early in this draft. There should be a wealth of BPA at better spots of need.

I also think a lot of people are undervaluing what the Demetrius Harris signing can do for us at inline TE.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
its tempting to get howard but i think howard is overrated. He is not aggressive and i'd question his love for the game, the bucs used 12 personnel a good chunk of the time and given how gifted howard was, he still couldnt break through is a bad sign...unless the bears are trading a 6th or lower i'd pass.

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe a mental issue...

Liked Posts:
It would not surprise me if Burton played well with the Colt, for a while....

Doesnt feel like one of those damned if you do, & damned if you dont type of situations with Burton? Does to me

His track record in Chicago would probably show its likely hed get injured had the Bears kept him. Now that they released him, its a wake up call for him & hell probably go out of his way to stay on the field and produce.

I didnt used to buy into scenarios like this, or players going out of their way to produce in contract years, only to take their foot off the gas after getting paid. I do now though. The times have changed

Last edited:

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Doesnt feel like one mlm of those damned if you do, & damned if you dont type of situations with Burton? Does to me

His track in Chicago would probably show its likely get injured had the Bears kept him. Now that they released him, its a wake up call for him & hell probably go out of his way to stay on the field and produce.

I didnt used to buy into scenarios like this, or players going out of their way to produce in contract years, only to take their foot off the gas after getting paid. I do now though. The times have changed
I didn't until i started doing fantasy baseball years ago, i would actually target guys in the last year of their contract

Liked Posts:
I didn't until i started doing fantasy baseball years ago, i would actually target guys in the last year of their contract

I hear ya. Baseball its even more rampant with all of the fully garaunteed deals.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I heard Shannon Sharpe say that Gronks best year was when the Pats also had Aaron Hernandez on the field with him. It was after Gronk was called the GOAT tight end, so he was looking for how to make him seem more like him.

LV Racer

Liked Posts:
How about O.J. Simpson I hear he's good?