Should Bush have stopped at the 1?

baredown

Liked Posts:
I was obviously happy that Bush scored with two minutes & change to give the Bears the two touchdown lead, But I think I would have been happier if he'd just gone down at the one yard line. There's a point at the end of a game where taking nearly all the time off the clock is more valuable than adding another 7 points. If Bush goes down at the one, the Bears can fall on the ball once to get to the 2 minute warning, then twice more to take another 85-90 seconds off the clock. At that point, they can kick the chip shot to go up ten with ~30 seconds left. That seems safer to me than being up 14 with 2:17 to go, but giving the other guys the ball. One just needs to look at how Cleveland lost last week to New England, and how they were only an onsite kick away from having a shot this week. Yes, I know things can go wrong, like missing the chip shot, but the probability of that seems really low and worst case is Cleveland has the ball at its own 10 with no time outs and less than 30 seconds to work with.

Not complaining here, just making an observation...

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the same thing. Then we coulda made it a 2 possession game with a field goal and left the brownies like 20 seconds on the clock. All their timeouts were already gone. Oh well, didn't make a difference in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mitchapalooza

It would've ran the clock to the 2 min warning, we have 1st down.

3 straight kneels, we win. so yes.

But I had Josh Gordan on my fantasy, soooo noo :p

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I'm torn on this one. He had a chance to let the team run out the clock but you can never go wrong with putting more points on the board.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the same thing. Then we coulda made it a 2 possession game with a field goal and left the brownies like 20 seconds on the clock. All their timeouts were already gone. Oh well, didn't make a difference in the end.

take the points....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would've ran the clock to the 2 min warning, we have 1st down.

3 straight kneels, we win. so yes.

But I had Josh Gordan on my fantasy, soooo noo :p

lol to this....that TD saved my ass today

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah and you can't really fault bush, he hasn't done much all season so he probably was excited to score. If it was forte, then your hope he woulda slid.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Naw, cause Trestman would have gone for the fg on first down with three minutes remaining.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Absolutely should have flopped inside the 5 and game over.

It would have erased all possibility for the Browns and taken away and chance of injury for an already depleted D.

Snorch

Liked Posts:
It's better than endlessly debating cutler and McCown. And it's a legitimate question.

OK I'll play= He stops at the one, the field goal gets blocked and the Browns score a TD. That wouldn't be good either

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if he takes the kneel,12 minute warnings then 1st down kneel. 1:20 when u snap it on 2nd down. Then 40 seconds left after you kneel on 3rd and you have just run the clock out and won the game without the brownies touching it.

mecha

Liked Posts:
if they would've recovered that onside kick, it would've been a bad decision.

this of course implies that the Browns score after the Bears TD. which... shouldn't have happened at all.