dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
whats hilarious is people still thinking fox is a good HC.

I'm no J.Fox fan but even the true haters have to admit the guy has done some good things as a head coach in the NFL. Shit the guy took Jake Delhomme to a super bowl.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who should they have hired instead of Fox?

You can't ask a guy who lives in hindsight who he "would of" hired cause he's just gonna tell you the guy he would of hired was S.McVay...lol

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Don’t think the Bears are the type who would’ve taken a chance on McVey. But in any case, it made no sense to keep Fox after last year. You were never going to get to .500 this year, and if you weren’t going to get to .500, Fox wasn’t going to stay. It literally made no sense to keep him an extra year, and it cost this team a year of production.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don’t think the Bears are the type who would’ve taken a chance on McVey. But in any case, it made no sense to keep Fox after last year. You were never going to get to .500 this year, and if you weren’t going to get to .500, Fox wasn’t going to stay. It literally made no sense to keep him an extra year, and it cost this team a year of production.

There is a good argument to be made that if this team had a kicker worth a fuck, didn't lose its top two receivers and so many offensive linemen didn't get injured that there was a legitimate shot at sniffing 8-8. And that is basically while ignoring the injuries on the defensive side of the ball.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There is a good argument to be made that if this team had a kicker worth a fuck, didn't lose its top two receivers and so many offensive linemen didn't get injured that there was a legitimate shot at sniffing 8-8. And that is basically while ignoring the injuries on the defensive side of the ball.

Nope. And most of us here understood that.

All teams sustain injuries. The Bears have been unlucky, that’s for sure. But they’ve also been bad. Bad teams don’t go 8-8 for the most part. And fans need to stop telling themselves, “If we didn’t have so many injuries...” Such lines of thinking are a farce. Every team has injuries. And every team has significant injuries.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope. And most of us here understood that.

All teams sustain injuries. The Bears have been unlucky, that’s for sure. But they’ve also been bad. Bad teams don’t go 8-8 for the most part. And fans need to stop telling themselves, “If we didn’t have so many injuries...” Such lines of thinking are a farce. Every team has injuries. And every team has significant injuries.

Sorry but you're not paying attention to who the injuries are to nor the number of them if you're just marching out platitudes to counter what I am saying. This team is 5-10 and likely going to finish 5-11. You're seriously trying to tell me if the offensive line had been able to stay together somewhat and we don't have a carousel at WR we don't come close to 8-8 despite losing 5 games by 7 points or less...

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Sorry but you're not paying attention to who the injuries are to nor the number of them if you're just marching out platitudes to counter what I am saying. This team is 5-10 and likely going to finish 5-11. You're seriously trying to tell me if the offensive line had been able to stay together somewhat and we don't have a carousel at WR we don't come close to 8-8 despite losing 5 games by 7 points or less...

Think it comes down to...
Remove the same amount of injuries to the teams what won by 7 or less points and maybe they score enough to counter the scoring the Bears "may" have done.
That would have to be speculation on a game by game issue.