Should Nagy be fired?

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy definitely deserves one more year. Schedule, injuries, inadequate QB play, poor RB play, none of that is on Nagy. These are professional players who are expected to deliver and they haven't.
I see...so, basically, the whole team has regressed from last year. The whole team. Yet, Nagy isn't responsible for any of it.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see...so, basically, the whole team has regressed from last year. The whole team. Yet, Nagy isn't responsible for any of it.
I swear..Nagy snuck into the Vikings crew yesterday and called their plays for the entire game..They were the exact same plays he called for the Bears all year, with the same results. He lost!

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I swear..Nagy snuck into the Vikings crew yesterday and called their plays for the entire game..They were the exact same plays he called for the Bears all year, with the same results. He lost!
Vikings O did resemble the Bears. McFarland seemed critical of some of the playcalling as well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In Nagy's defense, I have seen that the offense looks great when Chase is QB. Issue is that Chase is not mobile enough for this oline and generally sucks. However, the issue with Nagy is that he's playing a QB who doesn't fit his offense and refuses to adjust. He never adjusts to what his players can do. Nagy is stubborn but I think his offense can work. Problem is that he hasn't realized that the current QB doesn't fit his offense.

Does it look great with Chase. How many points did we score?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I cannot stop watching this play. Watch it a few times and focus on a different receiver each time you rewatch it.<br><br>Every single wide receiver is open on this play (Two open for a Touchdown) except for Javon Wims.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bears?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Bears</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bears100?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Bears100</a> <a href="https://t.co/Xqds0GxEQ7">pic.twitter.com/Xqds0GxEQ7</a></p>&mdash; Dan DeYoung (@DanDeYoungFB) <a href=" ">December 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is factually inaccurate. The same deep safety that ends up coming over to Wimms would also be in position to come over top og Miller.

ARob is the correct read here because the other deep guy has committed to Wims but wrong to say everyone but Wimms is open.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As to the OP, Nagy gets one year to try and fix his mess. Trubs gets competition.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. I would give Nagy a year but I would force a new OC on him and very strongly suggest he give up play calling but not necessarily game planning. If he insists on calling his own plays and we get another shit show he won't last the year.

And MT gets some real competition. Mariotta, Newton, Bridgewater, don't care. Someone with some starting QB experience. Draft a QB in 21 but I am not sure how I feel about Pace making another QB decision.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does it look great with Chase. How many points did we score?
They didn't score much with Chase, but the offense looked easier on the eyes? Idk. Lol. To me it just looks like a functional offense when Chase is in there and the ball is spread around. I also know that Chase didn't really score much when he was in there. Idk. Either way, I'm in agreement with you that Nagy is a problem but Mitch also makes him look bad sometime.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They didn't score much with Chase, but the offense looked easier on the eyes? Idk. Lol. To me it just looks like a functional offense when Chase is in there and the ball is spread around. I also know that Chase didn't really score much when he was in there. Idk. Either way, I'm in agreement with you that Nagy is a problem but Mitch also makes him look bad sometime.

Can disagree on relative weights of blame but they all a problem IMO.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can anyone name me some offenses in the last 10-15 years that have succeeded with a QB as bad as Mitch?

Can someone show me an offense that succeeds with consistently horrible play calling and one of the worst olines in the league...

closest thing would be Green Bay a couple years back, so unless you have a spare Aaron Rodgers hanging around the playcalling and oline needs to improve

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can someone show me an offense that succeeds with consistently horrible play calling and one of the worst olines in the league...

closest thing would be Green Bay a couple years back, so unless you have a spare Aaron Rodgers hanging around the playcalling and oline needs to improve
Is anyone arguing that the Oline and play calling don’t need to improve? I’m not. I just think Mitch is problem number one. Oline number two. TE number three. And then Nagy.

dbeas1

Liked Posts:
I have seen Trubisky run out of bound behind the line of scrimage so many times this year. Does he even know the rules of football? I find my self screaming at the TV when he does this. He doesn't even know he can throw the ball away before he steps out of bound 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy's RPO is completely worthless. His running scheme is a completely joke to watch on tape and his QB isn't a legitimate running threat. So what exactly is the point of running this scheme?

If I'm the Bears ownership and Nagy isn't willing to put his ego and garbage RPO aside he's gone.

If Nagy had proved anything this year it's that he has not capable of being both the HC and OC.

This team needs an actual OC that will run an offense that actually fits the talent we have and a HC that actually manages the entire team and game.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is anyone arguing that the Oline and play calling don’t need to improve? I’m not. I just think Mitch is problem number one. Oline number two. TE number three. And then Nagy.

I've seen Mitch look like one of the best QBs in the league, when there is a running game and when Nagy decided to call back to line play action pass. I think Trubisky is still growing. I don't think Nagy is helping him as much as he could be.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've seen Mitch look like one of the best QBs in the league, when there is a running game and when Nagy decided to call back to line play action pass. I think Trubisky is still growing. I don't think Nagy is helping him as much as he could be.
Mitch is fools gold. He can look VERY good for a game or two and against bad teams. He’s simply shown zero consistency over his career and shows no signs of growing. Those brief flashes of talent are why he was drafted #2 and why you’ll always be disappointed long term with him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Can you show me an offense that succeeds with consistently horrible play calling, one of the worst olines in the league, and one of the worst QBs in the NFL?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch is fools gold. He can look VERY good for a game or two and against bad teams. He’s simply shown zero consistency over his career and shows no signs of growing. Those brief flashes of talent are why he was drafted #2 and why you’ll always be disappointed long term with him.
yes when you see those flashes of brilliance, it shows you he's capable of doing it. It's up to the coaching staff to develop him so those flashes of brilliance happen more often. That's actually more an indictment of the coaching staff and Pace imo. They drafted him knowing full well that he needed more time than the other QBs to develop. They should have given him a QB coach and offensive guru who could develop him. We see Trubisky play much better in a Bills like offense, yet the coach refuses to consistently run an offense that helps his QB. Maybe slowly he will develop to becoming a great pocket passer like Brees/Wilson/Brady. None of these 3 QBs started on fire. They slowly got better.

Personally, I don't think Trubisky is ready right now. That's why I don't think he is the QB for a Nagy offense on a team that's in "win now" mode. Misses so many open receivers even when he has time to throw. Will he ever get better to the point where he can be average, depends on how he develops. If the Bears want to salvage this, Nagy should completely change his offense and call plays accordingly to help Trubisky and they need to get some QB guru in the offseason to help Trubisky develop faster. He needs to stop training with Goff in the offseason.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you show me an offense that succeeds with consistently horrible play calling, one of the worst olines in the league, and one of the worst QBs in the NFL?

I am not absolving Trubisky, but a lot of people are saying its mostly his fault, which I disagree.