Should Nagy be fired?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:unsure:So I guess we need to start a list of HC's for Nagy's replacement?

Ron Rivera......Old Bear. Aggressive "D". Been to a SB.
Eric Bieniemy ....OC , KC..... yeah I know BUT he would make a commitment to the running game
Lincoln Riley.......head coach at the University of Oklahoma.
I already talked about this in another thread

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Oh I agree with you. Nagy is stubborn and consistently puts his players in bad positions. No argument from me. However, I also think his offense can work if he had the correct QB. There are times when I see players open and Trubisky not seeing the open receiver. Even in the Cowboys game that was a good game for Trubisky, I saw Trubisky throw into double and triple coverage. He just got lucky that those passes were not intercepted. Trubisky did go to his 2nd and 3rd read quite often in that game, but I feel like usually Trubisky has already determined who he's going to throw to before the snap. Even on the RPOs, sometimes I think he predetermines what he will do before he hikes the ball.

I agree.

On Trubz....I hate to sound like a broken record. For him to get better I really think he's gonna need some Qb in here who's hungry and pushing him.

Two things would happen 1) He's gonna start making the right reads and the right audibles. He's gonna start using his mobility more ( to heck with standing in a broke down pocket, getting sacked). He has to play.....Like in the Det. game.
2) We get a young, mobile Qb who pushes Trubz to 2nd string.

Here are some draft posibilties that could fall to us.>>>>>>#22

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not sure how to link, will get back to you

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I said as soon as Nagy said "it takes 5 years to master this system" that we were in trouble. The average NFL CAREER is only about 3 years.

I hope he's learned that isn't going to work...because he isn't getting 5 years to figure it out...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I said as soon as Nagy said "it takes 5 years to master this system" that we were in trouble. The average NFL CAREER is only about 3 years.

I hope he's learned that isn't going to work...because he isn't getting 5 years to figure it out...

Well it's stupid for Nagy to install something that takes 5 darn years to learn. The more I hear, the more I think we need a new HC. I was pissed at him when he once called a pitch out on 3 & 1.

Heck a smart coach would put a "O" in that can be learn quickly so ya have success early. And ya get off to a running start. Hell, ya don't want these young guys over thinking. No wonder we can't generate more the 3-7points a game ?

Last edited:

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Has there ever been a coach of the year get fired the following year?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Has there ever been a coach of the year get fired the following year?

No.

Serious question, has an Head Coach ever been deemed an offensive guru after only calling 6 fucking games in his career?

Maybe we got tricked boys. Seriously. Matt Nagy as a playcaller is more green than prob any head coaching prospect of recent memory who is unwilling to give up playcalling duties to the OC.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No.

Serious question, has an Head Coach ever been deemed an offensive guru after only calling 6 fucking games in his career?

Maybe we got tricked boys. Seriously. Matt Nagy as a playcaller is more green than prob any head coaching prospect of recent memory who is unwilling to give up playcalling duties to the OC.
I'm not your 'boy'. Has a quarterback ever been drafted #2 (pardon the pun) after starting only one season in college?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not your 'boy'. Has a quarterback ever been drafted #2 (pardon the pun) after starting only one season in college?

The only one that comes close is Cam Newton at Auburn 1 yr. BUT he was at Florida and he was Qb for Blinn College which won a Nat'l Championship

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only one that comes close is Cam Newton at Auburn 1 yr. BUT he was at Florida and he was Qb for Blinn College which won a Nat'l Championship
so he had started more than 1 year?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The only one that comes close is Cam Newton at Auburn 1 yr. BUT he was at Florida and he was Qb for Blinn College which won a Junior College Nat'l Championship

Yes ( he's played more than a yr. Newton was Qb for Blinn College which won a Junior College Nat'l Championship ) .....note I said "The only one that comes close........." ☺

But it's a good question. I gotta research if a Qb was ever a 1st rounder with a yr. of experience or 2nd overall.?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

....but to this day I don't get why Pace would take a guy in the 1st round with only a yr. of exp. It made no sense. Oh wait....
didn't Haskins ( Qb for D.C. outta OSU) only have a yr. ? But still Trubz has got to be the first.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
....but to this day I don't get why Pace would take a guy in the 1st round with only a yr. of exp. It made no sense. Oh wait....
didn't Haskins ( Qb for D.C. outta OSU) only have a yr. ? But still Trubz has got to be the first.
I am not sure what you are saying. I thought we had agreed that we have a QB problem.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Take a look at the 4-23 play design that is going around twitter. Should tell you all you need to know.

Nagy needs to change quickly or hire an OC. If he refuses either, he needs to go.
The play where there’s an option downfield and Mitch checks down? Great example.