Should the Bears get ahead of it and cut Cole Kmet?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You're responding to a troll who is football illiterate.
Hey, I'm curious about something. Since I've tagged you in my signature, do you receive a notification whenever I make a post? I realize you'll get the notification for this, but just wondering if you've gotten more than one today.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta give Kmet his due. He's made Jimmy Graham look good and I've never seen anyone else pull that off.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears should just do it and get it over with before there’s any more heartbreak. Consider this:

Tweeted out “Bear Weather”

Fumbled at costly moment in said Bear Weather but bailed out by the officials

Pace struggles drafting tight ends so he probably won’t work out. Don’t want a repeat of Adam Shaheen.

Really punchable face just like Mitch and we all know how that worked out.

They’re already cutting Wims so might as well cut Kmet while you’re in the process of cutting players. Plus then they’ll have two (2) roster spots available for someone better.

Already have some tight ends

Zoomer

Thoughts?
Yeah cut a second year TE who has shown progress in his development but you want to cut because he's not George Kittle in year one. Seriously stupid.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Imagine if we Chase Claypool and Mooney? But no, we decided to pay Graham and still draft a TE with limited athleticism.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah cut a second year TE who has shown progress in his development but you want to cut because he's not George Kittle in year one. Seriously stupid.

I mean it is incredibly stupid.

Listen. Kmet will never be what Nagy envisioned and Nagy himself will be gone.

Pace likely gone as well.

So draft status, while he will never be worth the picky was selected at, will no longer matter because at the end of the day he still is the best tight end on the roster. He can block and despite having some issues he can catch. He's not dynamic. But he's still developing and can be a part of a serious offense.

It makes zero sense to cut the best tight end on your roster, just because he isn't all pro.

That doesn't mean we can't be disappointed in the pick or in him. But perhaps a better Coach can better utilize him. After all, he's still on a rookie contract so it's not like we're overpaying the guy...
Pace likely gone as well tastes likely gone as well

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

So draft status, while he will never be worth the picky was selected at, will no longer matter because at the end of the day he still is the best tight end on the roster. He can block and despite having some issues he can catch. He's not dynamic. But he's still developing and can be a part of a serious offense.

It makes zero sense to cut the best tight end on your roster, just because he isn't all pro.

That doesn't mean we can't be disappointed in the pick or in him. But perhaps a better Coach can better utilize him. After all, he's still on a rookie contract so it's not like we're overpaying the guy...
Your tastes are likely gone? Might want to get tested for covid. You are high risk being a fatty and all

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

James is a better tight end

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've never understood how you could scout the same team and decide Kmet was the better player.

I said the same at the time. Hell I argued if you wanted a TE so much then just have Claypool put on 10-15 pounds. He was already bigger at the combine than Trey Burton played at for us and had far more chance to develop into a Kelce or Kittle than Kmet.

Look at Gesicki. That dude plays mostly as a big slot WR despite technically being a TE. Pace just has no vision.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears should just do it and get it over with before there’s any more heartbreak. Consider this:

Pace struggles drafting tight ends so he probably won’t work out. Don’t want a repeat of Adam Shaheen.

They’re already cutting Wims so might as well cut Kmet while you’re in the process of cutting players. Plus then they’ll have two (2) roster spots available for someone better.

Zoomer

Thoughts?
You are the opposite of brilliant, Kmet will be fine.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

Zoomer

Thoughts?

Zoomer

Thoughts?
Boy you are a real asshole!

mecha

Liked Posts:
Spartan says Kmet made Jimmy Graham look good; this thread is so bad it makes all the others look good.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I said the same at the time. Hell I argued if you wanted a TE so much then just have Claypool put on 10-15 pounds. He was already bigger at the combine than Trey Burton played at for us and had far more chance to develop into a Kelce or Kittle than Kmet.

Look at Gesicki. That dude plays mostly as a big slot WR despite technically being a TE. Pace just has no vision.
Yeah it seems all the top end TEs these days are essentially big fucking receivers. Kmet IS NOT bad, and he has his role, and he's still likely to improve, but he was never going to be a homerun pick.

Look, we all know I love his desire to fucking beat the crap outta defenders and his never say die attitude when the ball is in his hands, and while that's great, he's not fast enough to really do damage with YAC. Just look at the way Kittle and Kelce can run with a little space, Kmet can't move like that.

While I do think he has decent hands, he doesn't have that box-you-out, jumpball ability that made Jimmy Graham such a great RZ weapon.

Kmet is essentially a possession TE in the receiving game while being a good blocker. Like I said, he's not bad and his role is valuable. He just doesn't have the ball skills and athleticism of a modern day great TE.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh look Kmet dropped another easy pass in the endzone.