Should the Bears Replace Justin Fields with the Best QB in the Draft?

Should the Bears replace Justin Fields with the best QB in the draft?

• Total voters

RandomGuy

Liked Posts:
In no way should the Bears draft a QB this year. I don't think either QB prospect this year is an upgrade over Fields. 2024 is a different story as there will be two potential superstar QB's in that draft.

Fields has been given the shaft. He has been set up to fail from the beginning.
I agree with what you say.
Give him help with more talent on offense and defense. See where it goes when he has a team built to at least compete every game.
He has shown me enough to have high hopes he will be the ultimate answer to the QB question.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
You assess the situation. Uncover every rock. And realize you have a leader, a playmaker, and a guy that’s making steps to improve every game, checks all the boxes, already in your lap.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

How would you approach this issue?

Do you think Fields is a franchise QB Bears can build around? Do you think Bears probably need to take a shot at a better QB in this draft?

Do you think Bears can afford draft the best QB and let him compete with Fields, and then possibly trade the other QB for more draft picks in the future?
You evaluate all the QB's in the draft, that's commone sense. But, Justin is better than anyone coming out this year. But, you make sure the rest of the league knows you have interest in a QB available in the draft and they may go that route. Behind the scenes you prepare Justin for all the rhetoric that Poles will tossing out there. YOu trade down, get a 1st round pic this year and make sure you get one for next year. You ride with Justin. If you determine in 2023 that Justin is not getting it and is not the guy, then you do everything to move up and draft Caleb Williams who too is better than any QB in the draft and might be better than Fields.

Now if they really feel that either Young, Stroud or Lewis is going to be better than Fields, then you go for it since you have that chance now.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You evaluate all the QB's in the draft, that's commone sense. But, Justin is better than anyone coming out this year. But, you make sure the rest of the league knows you have interest in a QB available in the draft and they may go that route. Behind the scenes you prepare Justin for all the rhetoric that Poles will tossing out there. YOu trade down, get a 1st round pic this year and make sure you get one for next year. You ride with Justin. If you determine in 2023 that Justin is not getting it and is not the guy, then you do everything to move up and draft Caleb Williams who too is better than any QB in the draft and might be better than Fields.

Now if they really feel that either Young, Stroud or Lewis is going to be better than Fields, then you go for it since you have that chance now.

It's called posturing (y)

Username

Liked Posts:

How would you approach this issue?

Do you think Fields is a franchise QB Bears can build around? Do you think Bears probably need to take a shot at a better QB in this draft?

Do you think Bears can afford draft the best QB and let him compete with Fields, and then possibly trade the other QB for more draft picks in the future?
No. This is a Special person question asked by a Special person. The best QB in the draft is a 185Lbs wet sheet of toilet paper. He'll last two games in the NFL before he's sponged off the turf. Might as well bring back Tarik Cohen or Garrett Wolfe and teach them how to pass.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You have a genuine leader of men at QB right now who is already an electrifying athlete who is progressing as a passer. Any investment in the offense around Fields gives him the best chance to succeed, and should he fail, gives his successor the best chance to succeed.

Lesser men would have failed to handle this season with the dignity that Fields showed. More accomplished quarterbacks have torn into their teammates for failing in their assignments, more accomplished quarterbacks complain to the refs and the media every chance they get. Justin Fields might not reach his potential as a passer, but he proved to a lot of us that he should be given a genuine shot instead of the shit hand he has been dealt.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I think you take Stroud number 1 and force feed him a billion fucking mcdoubles and move him to LT.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The logical thing to do is trade with a team in the top 10, and get an additional first next year as well.

If fields somehow does not work out by end of year 3, you'd have two first rounders to trade up and draft caleb williams.