Should the Blackhawks pursue Barry Trotz?

spew39

Liked Posts:
Should the Blackhawks pursue Barry Trotz?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s better than what we got and the defensive focus is what we need.

Q brought grit to a team around prime Kane.

Old Kane can still win it all with a sports psychologist, an analytics czar who understands data in chaos of sports, and a defense/goalie.

Last edited by a moderator:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Davidson has to make a play for him simply because he is the best coach available at this point, but given that the 'hawks are in year zero of the rebuild by my estimation, I think Trotz will want to go to a team closer to competing; the 'hawks are just way too far away.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Trotz isn’t coming to a team where Strome is one of your top two centers.

You either adapt to his system or he sits you. With the candy assing of players in this day and age don’t do well with discipline on top of this team is pretty much run by Toews hiring Trotz isn’t going to happen.

This team wants to play pond hockey and Blowman decided to get too many pond hockey players so when a stiff like Lafferty comes around it’s like “omg, here’s a guy hitting ppl” it’s a culture shock.

No, get a horrible coach and tank for Bedard.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I think Davidson has to make a play for him simply because he is the best coach available at this point, but given that the 'hawks are in year zero of the rebuild by my estimation, I think Trotz will want to go to a team closer to competing; the 'hawks are just way too far away.
We want the number #1 pick in the draft next season no to Trotz, keep status quo and suck for the season and win the Connor Bedard sweepstakes that’s what the Hawks need.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We want the number #1 pick in the draft next season no to Trotz, keep status quo and suck for the season and win the Connor Bedard sweepstakes that’s what the Hawks need.
Oh, hell yeah. If you're gonna suck....do it big time. No half stepping....that means being even worse than this year. LOL, as hard as that may seem. They need some kids that can play big time hockey right out of the gate.....like Kaner did or Crosby or Ovechkin.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh, hell yeah. If you're gonna suck....do it big time. No half stepping....that means being even worse than this year. LOL, as hard as that may seem. They need some kids that can play big time hockey right out of the gate.....like Kaner did or Crosby or Ovechkin.
No Fleury already makes that happen.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Martin St. Louis is off the board. Didn't even know he was coaching.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
They likely stick with King. 3 year deal and if things start turning the corner at the end of 3 years King will be gone and a more experienced coach will be brought in.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They likely stick with King. 3 year deal and if things start turning the corner at the end of 3 years King will be gone and a more experienced coach will be brought in.
They might, but I hope not. He wasn't good with Rockford and he wasn't good here. Plus, I get the feeling KD might want to wash as much away from the Bowman regime as possible.

Granada

Liked Posts:
They may not have a choice but to stick with King. It's either that or somebody like Tocchet or something; a guy who's desperate to get into the league. Because no established big-name coach is going to want to deal with this current roster. Why would they?

There was already a rumor by Kevin Weekes (who is normally solid but ended up being wrong in this instance) that the Hawks hired Calgary Asst. Coach Huska for head coach. So yeah, these are the types of guys we as fans should expect: assistant coaches, ex-players who want to enter coaching, etc.

There is also a rumor going around that the Hawks hire Bruno now that Florida ditched him. Not the biggest fan of this idea, but I suppose it could be worse. Is Bruno that much better than King though? I doubt it.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They may not have a choice but to stick with King. It's either that or somebody like Tocchet or something; a guy who's desperate to get into the league. Because no established big-name coach is going to want to deal with this current roster. Why would they?

There was already a rumor by Kevin Weekes (who is normally solid but ended up being wrong in this instance) that the Hawks hired Calgary Asst. Coach Huska for head coach. So yeah, these are the types of guys we as fans should expect: assistant coaches, ex-players who want to enter coaching, etc.

There is also a rumor going around that the Hawks hire Bruno now that Florida ditched him. Not the biggest fan of this idea, but I suppose it could be worse. Is Bruno that much better than King though? I doubt it.

As long as the pathetic defensive "scheme" is scrapped and fixed, I'd be OK with almost anyone they bring in.