should we try to trade for A.Collins(OT)

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
He's a backup with the bengals, but easily has starter, LT, talent. He's a really good pass protector, & pretty good with run blocking as well. I guess the question actually should be what would it take to get this guy? I have kept an eye on this guy, & he's just sitting there, he'd easily be a huge upgrade for our oline, & would start over Webb quickly, while shoring up the LT position.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's a backup with the bengals, but easily has starter, LT, talent. He's a really good pass protector, & pretty good with run blocking as well. I guess the question actually should be what would it take to get this guy? I have kept an eye on this guy, & he's just sitting there, he'd easily be a huge upgrade for our oline, & would start over Webb quickly, while shoring up the LT position.

I don't know much about him....but I do know the Bengals have one of the best Run blocking OLs in football. I'll have to consult my Bungals fans friends before knowing much about him, though.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

So then why the hell is he a backup?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
don't troll, bro. keep the bennett comments in the bennett thread.
This thread speaks of acquiring a player from a different team and even asks, specifically, what it would take for the Bears to get him. Bennett is my final answer. I'm locking it in.

Cutlerfan0615

Liked Posts:

Do you think you are talking to Emery or something? jkjk

In all seriousness, this type of question seems futile to me. I agree about looking at other options though. Webb needs to step up this year or get cut of this train to the Superbowl so he can eat as many tacos as he wants.

Oh yeah...BURP!!!

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
NFL trades happen all the time!

not

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
So then why the hell is he a backup?
"e's a backup cause the bengals have two other pretty good tackles starting. I've looked into him, & a lot of people with more experience in this kind of evaluating believes he's better than either starter, that he's the best pass blocking tackle on that roster. But hey, no ones ever confused the bengals of competency. Id definately explore a trade for the guy, it could be something we can pull off, & have it pay dividends for the forseeable future. Collins & Carimi could give us the best set of bookends we've had in a while. I would also start searching the cut lists for anyone that can push Spencer out of the startting line. As well as anyone that could come in to add better depth behind the starters

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Bears need all of their draft picks to replace the aging defense.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Webb is our starting LT and we like what Jamarcus brings to our footbawl team.......

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im gonna make a thread saying we should trade for Brian Cushing, Larry Fitgerald, and Cam Chancellor next..............

Cutlerfan0615

Liked Posts:
Im gonna make a thread saying we should trade for Brian Cushing, Larry Fitgerald, and Cam Chancellor next..............

Have you seen him mic'd up?

He is like the Jerk version of Jay Cutler :D

[video=youtube;tTNc-CNZ9zc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTNc-CNZ9zc[/video]

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

earl bennett would be included in any trade.

/spartan.

Reactions: 1ke

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was a FA this year and now we should trade for him? He's also more a RT that couldn't make the transition to G when he tried.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I was just suggesting a guy that we could possibly trade for, someone that would easily be an upgrade over Webb. There's no need for some to act like I was conjuring up some madden type trade and be a freakin douche. I've seen Collins play, he is easily an upgrade over Webb. I was only suggesting something reasonable that I think would be a good move on our part, and was just wondering what others thought. I wasn't looking for the crap you'd see on the CBMB where some just wanna be a dick cause they have nothing else better to do.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I was just suggesting a guy that we could possibly trade for, someone that would easily be an upgrade over Webb. There's no need for some to act like I was conjuring up some madden type trade and be a freakin douche. I've seen Collins play, he is easily an upgrade over Webb. I was only suggesting something reasonable that I think would be a good move on our part, and was just wondering what others thought. I wasn't looking for the crap you'd see on the CBMB where some just wanna be a dick cause they have nothing else better to do.
I don't think it's a crazy idea, but I just don't think the Bears want to do any trading anymore at this time. I think they would be inclined to pick up someone that was cut. If the OL is looking horrible in 3 to 4 weeks, it could be a different story.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Bears need all of their draft picks to replace the aging defense.

I actually agree here. But a 1player/1pick for 1 player isn't out of the question.

Liked Posts:

I wouldn't mind if the Bears made this move. What would it cost, Webb & a fifth or sixth round pick? He does have some starting experience, in 2008 he started 6 games, 2009 he started in 7, in 2010 he started in 3, and in 2011 he started in 2 at RT for an injured Andre Smith. He does have 18 starts in 39 games. The Bengals do have some quality o-line depth. Backup or not, I firmly believe there are a number of backups, at more than one o-line position that could outplay some of the Bears starting o-linemen.

Unfortunately, as sensible of a move that I think this would be, it just won't happen because Tice was behind Webb being drafted. It's all but obvious that there never really was a true LT cometition & Tice is sticking with Webb based on pride/ego alone. No one in there right mind can debate what Tice is doing based on the quality of play by the o-line. Tice has shown me absolutely nothing as an o-line coach nor does he have a history as a play caller, yet now he's the OC when a proven commodity like Bates is already on the coaching staff. I hope the o-line is just good enough to get the Bears over the hump this season but if not I hope the Tice experiment comes to an end. I don't know if the o-line has gotten statistically worse since he's been here, but it hasn't appeared to be any better either. Trading for Collins wouldn't bother me at all.

The LG position actually looked the worst in preseason. Webb did manage to at least look average at times in games two & three of the preseason, while Spencer was just downright horrible in every single game. Something has to be done about the O-line, wether its trading for a guy like Collins of trying to lure a guy like Matt Light out of retirement.

Emery gave Tice the benefit of the doubt going into preseason & the o-line play spoke for itself. Hopefully Emery is cooking up something for the o-line no matter what Tice has to say. Maybe it's time for the GM to take the reigns of authority for a change.

I would take a reasonable trade for Collins & a muzzle for Tice, over Webb & Tice calling the shots in a heartbeat.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
That's really what I think too. Tice obviously is all in on Webb, & while the guy has everything it takes to be a stud LT, he mentally seems incapable of doing it. Trading for someone like Collins would put someone on the roster that can be a upgrade for the starting line, or his presence would light a fire under Webb to be the player he has the ability to be. Hell at this point signing Anthony Davis off the street would be an upgrade, no trade, fine go get a recent roster cut, at the very worst it upgrades the depth behind the starters at tackle. Most of all, please bring someone in to push Spencer to the bench or off the roster. If we did that we may be able to live a little easier with Webbs up & down play.